Kohl's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Kohl's

2.0

Anonymous Employee in East Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (East Peoria, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 6 or 7 people. We all watched a video together about Kohl's values and then the Store Manager went around the table asking us all the same questions in turn. It lasted about 30 minutes in length. As the questions went on, I expected to feel more relaxed. However, the group format forced me to compare my answers to the ones given by my fellow applicants, which did not help with my nerves.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in September 2015.

Interview

The interviews go really smoothly and they get back to you if you got the job or not pretty fast. The staff is really friends, really out to be your "team mate" they are great. The management is very friendly and out going .

Interview Questions

• how do you handle this situation if a customer wasn't satisfied with her experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate alot because it was my first job.

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Conyers, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was around the time of the remodel so all the interviews were in groups. It was extremely professional and as equally layed back. I felt comfortable with the people I interviewed with and the interviewer. We all had orientation together and almost all started on the same day.

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (La Crosse, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with another person. I had to first fill out paperwork. Most of it was normal things like availably, when you can start, personal info stuff like that. Then a manager came in and went over my application and my avalibility. After that we were asked questions: 1.)Why do you want to work at Kohl's? 2.) What's one positive experience you have had in your favorite store? 2.) What's one negative experience you have had in a store you dislike?

Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Georgetown, KY) in August 2015.

Interview

My interview wasn't the group interview that I anticipated it to be. The interview was a one-on-one affair with a manager. She was kind and informal and asked me the typical questions you might expect. After the 15 minute interview she gave me a stack of papers to fill out and that was all. Very easy.

Interview Questions

• Q: Would you feel comfortable trying to convince customers to get a Kohl's credit card?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Riverside, CA).

Interview

2 person interview, they said they would switch off between asking us questions and they didnt, they kept asking me first which i didnt mind just thought it was unfair. They also didnt ask her all the question i got because she had experince from previous jobs. I dont think it was fair considering they had said they would switch off between us & because they didnt ask her all the same questions, just because she worked somewhere else previously doesnt mean she would qualify for their store. Overall easy interview and the interviewers were friendly and pleasant. They said it would take 24-48 hours to recieve an email if we got the job, its been a week so i obviously didnt get the job but this website was very helpful in preparing me for my first interview.

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Downey, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

it was a group interview. They asked a series of questions that we all took turns answering. They asked us about past work history and our experience in retail. They also asked us about our personalities and stuff like that. They gave us about 3 different scenarios that you may encounter in the store and how you would handle it. They also asked about how we would deal with stressful and fast paced situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with the store manager. At the end of the interview he told me that he was doing interviews so he can find a replacement for the seasonals and he was doing interviews that whole week. I never heard from Kohls after that. I know he was telling the truth because he had an interview before and after me.

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Kenosha, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

Online application and then group interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation- just job offer at set starting rate

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and about 2 weeks later I was contacted by phone to set up an interview. During the call I was told the interview would be a group interview. The interview was led by 2 managers. I interviewed with 6 other people. The questions they asked were pretty standard and were heavily based on past work experience.