Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2017

2.0

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online, a day later I got an email that I got a Interview that was scheduled for two days later. The interview was a one to one interview with the manager. I got offered the position upfront.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview, was pretty relaxed and straight forward. Everybody got to know each other and answered questions without any tension, store manager also introduced himself during the interview.

Unfortunately I have to fill the word minimum here but that was literally it. No hoops to jump through, no competing, no pressure, just a relaxed professional group interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time you went above and beyond for somebody?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

After my initial application was submitted I received a link to schedule my interview. I arrived to the customer service desk waited about 5 minutes and the store manager greeted me and asked about 10 questions, told me about the positions available and that if selected I would be sent an email to do the background check and drug screen. Very nice manager and the culture was inviting, up beat and looked like a nice fit for me. This was just last evening, haven't heard back yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I went in for spring hiring event. It was a walk in interview. I was individually interviewed and it took about 10 minutes.There were about 10 set of question to ask and were very basic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flemington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Flemington, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an automated email where you can schedule your interview for a few days later. Interview was quick, 20 minutes. Straightforward questions, very friendly interviewer (wish I had her email so I could personally thank her) welcoming environment.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the company?
      Why did you chose Kohls?
      Do you already shop here?
      Are you able to multitask?
      Answer Question

Accepted a higher (and higher paying position) elsewhere

Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Fort Walton Beach, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview for the holiday season (Black Friday and thanksgiving) They targeted your strongest and hardest experiences in customer service and how you display company integrity. There were fair chances to display skills . At the end of the interview we were individually sat down for a more one-on-one interview. Kohls makes their company goal clear and it's important to display your understanding of it.

Interview Questions

• In what way did you respond to a difficult customer? How were they being difficult and what methods did you use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Simpsonville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Simpsonville, SC).

Interview

There was a group interview when I went through the hiring process. It was an interesting format with having the opportunity to hear from other potential employee's points of view. The two managers taking the time to listen to each response stressed that they took the process seriously, and wanted to make the right decision for their store.

Interview Questions

• What could potentially cause you to be late to a shift?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Pearland, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

You schedule the first interview online through your email. You get to choose the date and time through their website. The interview is with the store manager and is pretty straight forward. You discuss your history and past work experiences and then the manager does some what if scenarios. If they like you then you receive an email the next day consenting to a background check and drug test and if all goes well then you receive an email letting you know you are hired and you get to schedule your first day online

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Buena Park, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very quick and easy. Get to the point type of interview. The manager asked why I wanted to work for the company? How long I was in the retail industry. We talk about my resume. We laugh and she hired me.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in retail? . Are you available anytime? Why do you want to work for our company? Your hired   1 Answer

Negotiation

My negotiation was that if I could please have Thanksgiving off due to it being the first year without my mother in my life. She passed a way August 2016 a mother before my hired date

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule an interview a couple of days later. When I arrived for the interview, I checked in at the customer service desk and sat outside the break room until a manager called me in. The interview process was very easy and relaxed, lasted about 15 minutes. I wore business casual attire and answered all of the questions well. The interviewer seemed enthusiastic and said I did well, but ultimately I did not get an offer. I received an email the next day telling me I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been given a reward or award for your work?   1 Answer
    • What is an acceptable reason to miss work and what is an unacceptable reason?   1 Answer
    • On a scale of 1 to 10, how much more reliable are you than your coworkers?   Answer Question