Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Kohl's

2.0

Floor Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about 2 weeks later to schedule an on-site interview. When I arrived the store managers were all in a meeting, so a I was interviewed by a supervisor. There was a sheet they went off of that had general questions that are asked to all potential candidates, with a rating system of how you answered. The interview was very easy, and very casual. I received a call 2 days later saying I had gotten the job, and set up orientation for 2 days after that. The questions relate to how you handle change, a time you had to deal with a difficult situation/customer, is the customer always right?, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Upland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Upland, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Group interview, fast, because it was group interview the length really depended on how long others took answering. The interviewer was nice and interacted well with all of us in the group.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of the usual "what would you do?" questions, as well as examples you experienced in customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

As I got in, I was interviewed by one of the managers. He asked several questions including the how long and why and how would I handle situations. After that, he spent a good ten minutes talking about what he wants for an employee and the policies of the company. This lasted around 30 minutes, then I had to wait at another office to see the supervisor of the Sales Floor Team. When she arrived, she asked me the yes and no questions verifying what I said to the other manager was accurate. Then she asked me why I chose my college major, which was odd but answered anyways. After I explained to her, she was impressed by my education credentials (I was a Dual Enrollment student), so she hired me on the spot and told me my pay ($9/hr.)

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself withing the company?   Answer Question
    • Why you want to work here (default question)   Answer Question
    • What was one time you faced a conflict at a previous job or school, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • So I see you are studying the (major) at (college). What makes you passionate about this field?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Groton, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

It’s a one on one conversation in my case with the manager. I did hear of them possibly doing group interviews also. Before that, I had applied online and take in a questionnaire about how I like to work and want my personal preferences are. I got an email to schedule an interview shoulder, did the interview, and then I got another email asking when I want to schedule an orientation

Interview Questions

• There is a lot of questions about being reliable and ethical and to see how motivated you are compared to other people you’ve been around   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Shawnee, OK).

Interview

Super quick and easy; I was able to walk in and basically got the job on the spot after being asked about my scheduling availability. The manager took me back to his office and and asked why I was searching for a part-time job, then described what the job would entail and that was pretty much all.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview with one of the managers. He was friendly and the questions weren't too hard. I wore a somewhat formal outfit; slacks, a nice white blouse, and a blazer.

Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Yorkville, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Quick and comfortable: stated what they wanted from me (hours, availability, experience) and asked how I could achieve those

Then talked about their company and how it works and what they provide for their employee as well as their customers and their goals to help them

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2017.

Interview

It was average. There were 2 other girls with me. She was just asking why we want this position? What is the only excuse to have to miss work? It was an okay interview.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Applied online, got an answer the next day. You schedule your interview date on a link they provide. It was a group interview they only asked two questions and they only allowed 6 people to cover the whole store.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

Very good ask mostly standard questions, upbeat and professional. Has a series of questions to ask and may put you in positions where they are in higher need of. Will definitely need to be confident in your your interview