Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.0

238 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Watertown, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email that same day to schedule an interview. 1 on 1 interview with the store manager that lasted about 20 minutes. She offered me the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name one time in work or school when you were successful.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Fairview Heights, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

One on One interview
    Mostly asking things about me the lady was very nice and she was very interested In me she layed out what my working experience will be my pay and my dress code she also made it very clear to have fun at work but at the same time staying professional at all times they are very nice unlike other stores who want tons of retail experience kohls trains you for everything

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be yourself the interview is actually about you and if you will be a good asset to the team

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Richmond, TX).

Interview

New store opening. I applied in person with resume in hand. An interview was scheduled for that week. Basic interview questions. I was offered part time seasonal help that quickly turned full time and promotion to department Supervisor after the 1st of the year.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to schedule an interview a couple days later. The manager came back and interviewed me one on one, but she seemed like she was in a rush to get back to work. She asked some standard questions about my availability and past experience. A few days later I got the email that I wansn't hired.

Interview Questions

• What is a time when you were rewarded for an accomplishment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

One-on-one with the assistant manager, 45 minutes, mainly chatting, fairly easy, hired on the spot. Mainly asked if there were any examples of my leadership/team work skills from past experiences or if there were any times I felt I was an exceptional student/employee

Interview Questions

• Have you ever felt that you were the best in something? If so, tell me about it.   Answer Question
    • Is there a time you exceeded the expectations of your supervisors? If so tell me about it   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't negotiation. 9$/hr with 15% employee discount

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email with an interview appointment for a week later. It was a one on one interview. Very relaxed. At the end, I asked questions, one being, what is the most important thing that you need from me as a candidate. Interestingly enough, she said availability because they already had college students with odd hours. Also, she told me up front that she would be making notes on my application and resume so she could remember what I said and not to take it the wrong way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kohl's?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw an employee or manager doing something illegal?   1 Answer
    • How many awards have you been given in previous jobs, for example, employee of the month?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Niles, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I waited a bit then went to the back office. The second question the manager asked was if I was 18. (I was 17) Then she told me that I don't qualify. She should have looked at my application before she asked me to come in for an interview.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Easy interview, over the phone, called in to start training. I was hired to work in the jewelry department. Easy questions, more about hours I would be available to work than anything else.

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Annapolis, MD).

Interview

I applied online and within a week got a call to come in for an interview. It was a group interview of about ten other people. They asked a lot of questions and has you fill out some paper work. They explain what working there would be like, benefits and pay etc. after interview they walked the whole group around the store and explained what each department was and what your duties would be. I got a call the next day that I was hired and started training that week.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group interview. Questions were basic and not surprising for the retail environment. Basically, you need to exhibit willingness to help customers and always keep a smile on your face. The company knows you will have difficult circumstances, but they want to know that you can come through it in a calm and reliable way.