Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Toledo, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Overall quick process. Received interview call the next day after applying. They asked standard interview questions such as what are your strengths and weaknesses. They really just want to know if you can handle the workload and physical ability.

Interview Questions

• If you were with a customer and another customer interrupts and needs help, what would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Went in as a group, asked about 5 questions total. We each went around and discussed openly. Such an easy and comforting interview, knew I nailed it the second it was over.

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Christiansburg, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for a brand-new store. They interviewed at a really nice hotel. I had to fill out a form before the interview. I was very nervous and almost didn't go but, I am very glad that I did because I love the company and my job. When I got into the room there were four interviewers, intimidating, but when I sat down and they introduced themselves I breathed a sigh of relief. They asked general interview questions and I answered assertively. When I was done, my now manager, said "you are very smart" which made me feel even less anxiety. It was a great process and they didn't try to intimidate me, like I've had at interviews past, rather, they made me feel as if I was one of them. Kohls has very friendly management staff and that showed in this interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't do any negotiations, they didn't let me know what my pay was until later on and with part-time, hourly positions there is little room for negotiation anyway.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Orlando, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Very good, the process was painless. The first interview was a group one which took away all of the nerves and stress. I really enjoyed being around other people here to do the same thing I was. The next interview was a one on one and the manager was very friendly and didn't just read off a paper but rephrased it and made it more personal.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

Pre-Interview Process:
    I applied in-store and it took about a week (pushing to almost two weeks) for them to call me back, when they did call me back they told me the dates that were available for the interview process (there were about three different dates and times). I chose the one that fit my schedule the best, and the employee then told me that when I arrive for my interview process I have to go the customer service area and they will let me know where the interview would be held at.

Interview Process Part 1:
    On the day of my interview I arrived 15 minutes early and was directed by the customer service worker **TIP: you should plan to go early if you're also told to head to the customer service area first because since the holidays are arriving there may be a long line of customers ahead of you at the customer service area**. When I arrived to the back near the bathrooms there was a bench for us to be seated at to wait until directed. At exactly 5 pm the person to interview us came and directed us towards the Kohl's office space. We were told to fill out necessary sheet of papers (about 5 sheets to fill out), giving our SSN, state ID/drivers license, available hours. I think it is okay if you accidentally arrive a little late, because as we were filling out our papers, another interviewee arrived (arrived about 20 minutes late). However if you do arrive late you will not be given the same amount of time to fill out the paper work as the ones who have arrived on time. Our interview group was quite small in comparison to others there were only 4 of us so it was not as nerve wracking.

Interview Process Part 2:
    After being given about 30 minutes to fill out our paper works, the actual interview began. A lot of the questions are ones that are from this site! Which helped me a lot because, I studied a lot of these reviewers questions. The first question we were asked were to introduce ourselves and why we wanted to work at Kohl's. Then the interviewer mostly asked about how one would deal with others *actual questions will be put in the correct questions section* Also, even though it is a group interviewer they do discourage us from saying "I don't know", "He/She took my answer", or being repetitive (if you have the same answer as someone else who answered before you, be more specific when it comes to your answer). Basically the interviewer would ask a question and we would go around in a circle to answer the same question. However, every time a new question was asked the next person would have to start the cycle of answering first. The process went by a lot faster than the paper work process, about half the time - probably because there were only four of us.

Interview Process Part 3:
    After we were finished being interviewed, the interviewer then took one interviewee to a separate office space for more questioning. The questions that were being asked was what position I would like if I were to become a team member and also, what time I should expect a call. After the individual questioning you would say your goodbyes with the interviewer and be directed towards the exit.

Interview Questions

• How can you tell if a customer is satisfied?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever gone above and beyond for someone?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a customer asked you a question that was not in your expertise?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you had to switch priorities.   1 Answer
    • What was a time you had to work with someone you did not get along with? How did you handle yourself/the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Creve Coeur, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

Because I was interviewing for the holidays I went in for a group interview. It was really simple, I showed up about 20 minutes early and filled out an in-store application (I originally applied online and was called to schedule.) It ended up being just me and two other men. We were interviewed by one of the managers, and were really just asked about our retail experience, our likes and dislikes about our previous jobs, and what we expected working from Kohls. We then submitted our consent for background checks, and I was called about 4 days later to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time at a previous job where you didn't get along with a manager or co-worker. What did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied for the jobs on online. Part (2) was the personality test. A few days later I called in for a interview. I was advised they had other applicants and I would hear from the Hiring Manager at a later time. Two days later I was called with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider you as an associate?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turlock, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Turlock, CA).

Interview

I did the application one, got call after 3 days of submitted the application. It was a group interview, about 8 questions. The questions where about costumers service. After the interview they left and took about 30 mins can they told as right there who didn't get hired.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. It was about 5-6 people. The interviewers asked a series of questions. At the end of the interview, I filled out a paper with my reference information, ss number, previous jobs etc. I'm pretty sure if you fill out this paper, you've got the job. The other people that interviewed first were asked to leave and would get a call back if they were considered.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Wilmington, DE) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied to Kohl's online 10/26/2015 and heard back from them an hour later. Scheduling to interview was very flexible and gave me a few days/time slots available via email. I had my interview yesterday with the Assistant Manager and got offered the position today. Overall pleasant and quick process.