Kohl's Seasonal Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Seasonal Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2016

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Filled out an Online application. Was emailed a response a couple days later to schedule an interview from a variety of dates and times. Showed up at customer service and waited the manager to take us in for interview. It was a group interview of 8 people. Everyone introduced themselves and then we answered questions and discussed them. Still waiting to hear from them via email.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (West Bloomfield, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online at store in livonia. I received an email stating i would get another email about a interview at another location. About an week later i received the interview email from west Bloomfield and a link to choose a interview time. The interview was simple she asked simple questions.why kohls what do you It was a one on one interview

Interview Questions

• Why kohls ? what do think is the most important about retail business? Whats the biggest change you ever made? Availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Milpitas, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

To save curious people the time, it honestly differs per location. In my case, it was a one on one interview with a couple of questions. In 5 minutes, you will know if they like you or not. It's nothing too difficult, to be honest, just do your proper preparations for expected questions and you will be fine

Interview Questions

• Why Kohls? Why did you pick Kohls?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powder Springs, Cobb, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Powder Springs, Cobb, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. It went really great and for seasonal you have to work for holidays if they ask you. Good thing most seasonal jobs lead to a permanent position offer. The hiring process goes by email so will have to check email to see if position was given or not.

Interview Questions

• What's a good reason to call out of work?   1 Answer
    • What do you do if another customer comes to you asking for help while you attending a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Trussville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Trussville, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

The day after I filled out the application online, i received an email asking me to set up an interview. I chose the date for my interview and then later received an email confirming what I chose. It said to arrive 5 minutes before the scheduled interview time which was 5pm. I got there about 15 minutes before 5pm and went to the customer service counter. I was told to have a seat and wait for the others to arrive and someone would come out to get us. A few other showed up and it made a total of 5 of us. About 10 minutes after 5pm, the store manager called us back to the room and she told us to just find a chair and sit around in a half circle. She started off by having us fill out an availability sheet and told us to be honest about what we could work. After we filled those out, she went over them with us. She told us the pay would be $9 per hour and told us a little about the store. She asked us if we had any questions so we asked questions and she answered. It was a really laid back interview. She asked one question and said she would ask everyone to answer but only ended up asking two people to answer. I wasn't even asked the question. I did make sure that I was vocal and asked a few questions. We were told at the end that if our availability sheet looked good, that we would hear something back. I received an email the next day offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were helping a customer in the shoe department and another customer came up and said they needed help with a vacuum, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Fredericksburg, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Group Interview, with a small group 4-10 people. The Manger that interviewed my group didn't really ask any questions was more so asking if we had any questions and talked about himself a lot.. He asked one to two questions the last five minutes of the hour long interview. Manger made an off handed remark when I was filling out another forum for my time I'm able to work; As a person with essential tremor a neurological disorder that was discloused -

Interview Questions

• I felt that it was out of place and rude to make an off hand remark. As once more for the questions there was hardly any asked. Possible at the most two questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Sacramento, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, the manager was super nice and laid back. Only asked 3 questions and the whole thing took about an hour. I applied online, then got an email for an interview the next day. 2 days later I got an offer. This'll be my first job so I'm stoked!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a fellow employee being dishonest/stealing?   Answer Question

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2015.

Interview

We had to wait 15 minutes after the scheduled time. It was a group of five and we were seated side by side with the interviewer sitting down facing us.

Interview Questions

• 3 qualities you should have to provide great customer service   Answer Question

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online got a call back within minutes. Told me to come in for an interview in 2 days .I was asked about 7 or 8 questions
    What does customer service mean to you?
    Do you have any experience in retail?
    Explain your previous jobs
    How do you work under stress?
    What is your availability?
    The guy who interviewed me was pretty nervous so it made me more confident. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What did you hate most about your recent job? I said the difficult customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

None you get what they give

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Ocala, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

To apply, you have to fill out an application on snagajob. I received a call to come in for a group interview. 4 of us sat with the store manager answering a variety of questions. We each took turns answering the same questions, which I found to be redundant because for the most part, everyone answered the same as the first who answered. After passing this interview, you meet with the Assistant Manager, in a private interview, with similar questions. If they feel you're a potential, your references will be called. A few days later, they invite you in for an Orientation, which is considered your first day. There you will fill out paperwork, watch a video and have a quick run thru of the store.

Interview Questions

• What should be the result of an employee who steals from the store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no negotiation... Only take the position if you're willing to work minimum hours for a very low pay.