Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.0

175 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group interview. It lasted around an hour. Asked the same questions which lacked originality. One interviewee was overqualified it appeared. Not many were dressed up. The interviewer seemed to be in his own state of mind.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

There is a group interview. It was about 4 of us. We were ask 5 questions. The hiring manager was friendly and energetic. The process lasted about 30 mins. I was notified by email the day after if I was hired or not.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted the application and the following day I got an email asking to choose my interview. I had gone through the reviews from glassdoor and had practice all the interview questions that were submitted. I was the only one signed up for that interview time. She asked me several questions. With some of the questions we just had a regular conversation. She told me that I should be getting an email if I did get hired or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Greeley, CO).

Interview

It was a group interview, and we each were asked the same questions. It was overall a easy interview. They had us fill out a time sheet again because the application online did not have the same hours as the store.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a list of things to do. How would you handle those tasks? Do the small first of bigger.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

Joint interview. No work related questions, more about how we run our daily lives to understand how we work with others in public. Asked about our reasoning for wanting to work retail but no questions that were expected in a normal interview. It was like a friendly dinner with a stranger.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Very easy going and not too many questions actually, in fact, there were roughly only four. The one other person I did an interview with was more quiet compared to what I thought my first group interview would be. Overall, super relaxed and dressing well is preferred but apparently not required.

Anonymous Employee in Hamden, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Hamden, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and i believe within a week I got an email inviting me for an interview there was a link to choose a date and time. There was one interview day and three times. After choosing a day and time you get a confirmation email, telling to arrive at least five minutes before and dress business casual/formal. On the day of the Interview you go to the store and wait for your interview time and a supervisor come and take the people there for a group interview, our group was 10 but only 6 showed up. Once in the room you write your name on a sheet as a sign in so they know who showed up, and you filled another form about time availability, when that done every answer the questions that are ask, and the interview takes an hour and it is done.

Interview Questions

• What does the customer always right mean?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Ramsey, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

I found the Seasonal Position on Kohl's website and easily applied and scheduled an interview slot. Within days I heard back confirming my interview. If an interview is to be rescheduled/cancelled, one is supposed to go to the confirmation time slot email and edit it. However, when I went to do so it would not allow me to make changes. I emailed Human Resources and did not hear back. Then a few days later received and automated response saying, in summary, "thank you for interviewing.. it was nice meeting you.. we have unfortunately chosen another candidate for the position.." It was very irritating for me that even though I did not interview, I received this automated response, and Human Resources did not contact me back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Covington, WA).

Interview

AWFUL Experience. These people really messed me up. Kohl's, is this how you run your interview process?? I was happy to see I was accepted for an interview. I went through their online process to schedule it. I pushed back other job offers to be able to get this one. The day of my interview, just hours before, they called me to cancel it , stating that they could not do interviews that day. However, they told me that they would click a button to make sure that I could reschedule it. I followed their instructions, t didn't work, the site said that I needed to call to reschedule because my interview time was locked, so I called back. I called back a total of 6 times over a course of days, as they threw me around to different people who didn't know what was wrong. Finally, I got a hold of someone who said she would call the company that runs their scheduling site on Monday, and she took my name.. I expected a call on Monday, but Tuesday and Wednesday passed. I called both days, but on Wednesday they finally told me that all the sales positions had been filled. I feel completely ripped off of the interview I was given and really needed. They need to get a new way of scheduling interviews. It's so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Weren't asked any questions, because I couldn't get as far as the sit-down.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Cedar Rapids, IA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had an interview at 10 am. I was there a little early. It was a one to one interview process. The interviewer was very sweet. Asked basic questions about me. She explained to me the process involved and said Kohls is interested in hiring me. The team will process my references and get back to me in max 48 hrs