Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Kohl's

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Canton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Canton, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were probably around 20 people in the room. These interviews are honestly the worst. If you weren't asked something first, you'd often just end up repeating what the interviewee before you said. There were a lot of "yeah, pretty much everything so-and-so said" answers. Seemingly everyone attending the interview was hired despite that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Richland, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

I first applied online, and was then contacted w/in two weeks w/ an interview offer to come into store and interview w/ Upper Management. Went to one-on-one interview, and it ended up being w/ the store manager! Was then called w/ an employment offer w/in 72 hrs.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Schaumburg, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview. The hiring manager took the three of us in and asked each of us in turn different questions relevant to our personal experience. She had to duck out for a moment to attend to a situation in the store, leaving the three of us applicants to chat, but other than that the entire interview went without a hitch.

Interview Questions

• I know this is your first job, but hypothetically, how would you respond to a customer when you don't know the answer to their questions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Group interview. Took turns answering the same questions. Everyone just tried one upping each other. It didn't seem like a serious interview, more like just getting to know everyone. Awkward at first, especially if you're uncomfortable talking in front of others.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation process

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2015.

Interview

It was group interview. It was short and sweet and the interview lasted for 15-20 minutes. The paperwork was minimal because it's a seasonal job. I think they mostly care about the commitment of the hours you are willing to work there. Overall, don't be nervous because I was really nervous and you'll do just fine.

Application

Interview

I applied for a job online, and shortly after I receive the email to schedule an interview. So week later I had my interview. The interview was pretty good they end up taking me earlier than the time I have scheduled. The hiring manager was also pretty friendly. She asked me a little about My previous job experience. Then she asked me to typical 3 questions that every interviewer in retail uses. I really thought I was going to get the job because he seem to have liked me. But the next day I end up getting a friendly email saying sorry we can't offer you a position at this time.

Interview Questions

• when was the time that you had to deal with a complicated customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Stockbridge, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. I filled an application out online and about a week later received an email to schedule an interview. I went to the interview September 29th,2015. Like I have read on Glassdoor, this interview was a group interview with about 5 candidates including myself. The interview questions were read off of a sheet. The questions were very basic questions that each of us had to answer. The interview was about an hour and a half. After the interview was over we each received a card with the store manager and an informative card about what to do if we were to receive and offer. Friday, October 1st I received an email offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• what would you consider a good reason to be late/ or absent ?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for an interview the following week. It was a group interview. There were eight people including myself. The interview was easy, basic/common questions were asked. The interview took around forty something minutes. I probably didn't get the job because I didn't have any previous retail experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. The manager was pretty friendly m, so there was definitely no tension or awkwardness which was nice. Only asked us about 3 questions. Pretty easy. Just smile and be sincere.

Anonymous Employee in Lapeer, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Lapeer, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

The format of the interview was a small group interview. There were only two others with me along with two Kohl's team members. One asked the same questions to all three of us while the other rated our responses. The interview was rather easy and the questions were very basic. Having achievements and responsibilities in previous positions will help you.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were awarded or commemorated for something that you had done at a previous position.   Answer Question