Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.0

182 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Upland, CA

Interview

It was a group interview with me and two other people. It was fairly quick, it only took about 30 mins. The questions were easy and the manger was very friendly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online in September 2017 and got an e-mail to schedule an interview 3 days later. The HR rep was 10 minutes late but was very friendly and since I had no retail experience, she asked me mostly about school and where in the store I would like to work. She ignored my answer and put me in another department because that is where I was needed most. She offered me a job ($9 an hour) on the spot but told me they hire everyone for seasonal. It was a one on one interview.

Anonymous Employee in Plaistow, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Plaistow, NH) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online this past Friday and received an email from Kohls two hours later to schedule a interview. I was able to get a time for today. My interview was at one, I arrived ten minutes early and checked in at the service desk. My interview started at about 1:05 the first part was filling out a sheet listing my availability to work. The area supervisor was very friendly and helpful as we went through the interview questions, I am glad I googled possible questions the night before and what to expect at a Kohls interview, it definitely helped at the end of the interview I was offered the job and told that they would be sending me another email so I can set up my Orientation. Very excited.

Interview Questions

• What have you done at a job that made you feel good about yourself?   Answer Question
    • How do you rate your reliability on a scale of 1 to 10 ?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about missing work ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Redlands, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online in July and got an email to schedule an interview in September. I scheduled my interview in the next 4 days at 2pm. The later you start an interview I think the better because they always do a group interview and during 2pm there were only 5 of us and usually theres 8-9 people. It was really laid back and calming. They ask questions in a random order so always be prepared to answer. Told us to introduce ourselves and talk about our last job. I've never had a job before so i talked about volunteer work. Then they asked us about 4 questions I believe and just had to answer as best as you can. Try not to repeat what others people said because it shows unoriginality. If you do say the same thing try to add a little bit more to what they said. After the interview we filled out a form for our availability and turned it in then they said we would receive an email in the next 48 hours or so. I interviewed Tuesday and got an email Thursday offering me the position and telling me to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went out of your way to right a wrong?   Answer Question
    • What does it mean to you to miss work and what are reasons you would miss work?   1 Answer
    • What is an important aspect at work?   1 Answer
    • What about your last job made you happy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seekonk, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Seekonk, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day. Scheduled the interview for the following Tuesday, met with the hiring manager and 1 other candidate. The hiring manager seemed to like me and said I'd receive another email with additional details. Only two days later I was sent an offer letter and pre-employment forms. Passed the pre-employment check two days later and scheduled Orientation about a week and a half after I applied.

Interview Questions

• In relation to coworkers are you more reliable, about as reliable, or less reliable?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you knew a coworker was doing something wrong?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked retail before?   Answer Question

Seasonal/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's in August 2017.

Interview

Walked into a group interview,they had us wait for a little under 30 minutes. The interview was simple and easy but there was something a little off about the interviewer. She definitely had favorites and wasn't afraid of throwing subtle comments against someone's answer. She was condescending and frankly, very rude.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a coworker doing something against policy.   1 Answer
    • What is one thing you did or didn't like about your last job.   Answer Question
    • Do you think you are more or less reliable than your co-workers.   1 Answer
    • On a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate your initiative.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Bellingham, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email less than a week later with various times to schedule an interview. The interview was less than 30 minutes and was a group interview. This might sound scary, but it really isn't! They only ask a few questions and having other people respond gives you time to think of an answer. Everyone was friendly and it was very casual feeling. Wear business casual clothes, since that is the dress code for employees. I got an email 72 hours after the interview with a job offer.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group interview. It lasted around an hour. Asked the same questions which lacked originality. One interviewee was overqualified it appeared. Not many were dressed up. The interviewer seemed to be in his own state of mind.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

There is a group interview. It was about 4 of us. We were ask 5 questions. The hiring manager was friendly and energetic. The process lasted about 30 mins. I was notified by email the day after if I was hired or not.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted the application and the following day I got an email asking to choose my interview. I had gone through the reviews from glassdoor and had practice all the interview questions that were submitted. I was the only one signed up for that interview time. She asked me several questions. With some of the questions we just had a regular conversation. She told me that I should be getting an email if I did get hired or not.