Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.2

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

It was a group interview. It lasted around an hour. Asked the same questions which lacked originality. One interviewee was overqualified it appeared. Not many were dressed up. The interviewer seemed to be in his own state of mind.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Greeley, CO).

Interview

It was a group interview, and we each were asked the same questions. It was overall a easy interview. They had us fill out a time sheet again because the application online did not have the same hours as the store.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a list of things to do. How would you handle those tasks? Do the small first of bigger.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Ramsey, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

I found the Seasonal Position on Kohl's website and easily applied and scheduled an interview slot. Within days I heard back confirming my interview. If an interview is to be rescheduled/cancelled, one is supposed to go to the confirmation time slot email and edit it. However, when I went to do so it would not allow me to make changes. I emailed Human Resources and did not hear back. Then a few days later received and automated response saying, in summary, "thank you for interviewing.. it was nice meeting you.. we have unfortunately chosen another candidate for the position.." It was very irritating for me that even though I did not interview, I received this automated response, and Human Resources did not contact me back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Covington, WA).

Interview

AWFUL Experience. These people really messed me up. Kohl's, is this how you run your interview process?? I was happy to see I was accepted for an interview. I went through their online process to schedule it. I pushed back other job offers to be able to get this one. The day of my interview, just hours before, they called me to cancel it , stating that they could not do interviews that day. However, they told me that they would click a button to make sure that I could reschedule it. I followed their instructions, t didn't work, the site said that I needed to call to reschedule because my interview time was locked, so I called back. I called back a total of 6 times over a course of days, as they threw me around to different people who didn't know what was wrong. Finally, I got a hold of someone who said she would call the company that runs their scheduling site on Monday, and she took my name.. I expected a call on Monday, but Tuesday and Wednesday passed. I called both days, but on Wednesday they finally told me that all the sales positions had been filled. I feel completely ripped off of the interview I was given and really needed. They need to get a new way of scheduling interviews. It's so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Weren't asked any questions, because I couldn't get as far as the sit-down.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Conroe, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and i the next day I got an email inviting me for an interview there was a link to choose a date and time. There was only one day and three different times. It was a group interview so I was kind of intimidated since everyone else had experience except for me. The manager was nice and asked a couple of questions and so did her supervisor. We weren't asked the same questions and I got nervous since everyone else seemed to know what to say. I didn't got an email or a phone call so I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online through snagajob. Got an email about a week later saying that I was accepted to be interviewed and to use a link to pick an appointment time. The only times available were two weeks later, aka today. The start of the interview lasted about half an hour.

I went to customers service and they told me to wait in the break room. Closer to the interview time, I and the other people waiting were told to go into the, Im assuming, board room were there were a few other people being interviewed. There were eight of us total, and we were passively told that the other interview groups consisted of upto eight people as well.

There were five questions they asked, I don't remember all of them. They all pretty much got the same responses from myself and the other people that spoke.

We were told that kohl's had switched and were now using a third party company to recieve applicants, and that the email we recieved about setting an interview will be the same email used to let us know within a week if they would extend an offer of employment to each of us. Told to call if we had any questions and or if we don't recieve any followup information after a week.

We were told, if hired, there was an eight hour training day. Also told that weekly hours can range from 4 to 32 hours a week depending on what is needed that week. Told that the position is from now until December 24th, and that the likelihood that any of us being hired beyond that was low because there is only a certain amount of employees that can stay on with how many hours are available.

Everyone that worked there was super friendly and were neat/casual dressed. However the customer service station didn't have the lights on so it was difficult to even seen if there was anyone there. There interviewers also let people come in well after the start of the interview, one person even came in for the last question.

The group interview is a terrible process. It is a mess of "oh, no, you go first," when asked anything that is not directed a specific person. From listening to others it was more about seeing more about trying to up the person who spoke before you. Considering in my circumstance they practically told us everyone was getting hired because not enough people applied, Id say that having us try and out do eachother was pointless and will cause problem in the future. I understand that group interviews make it easier to hire when there's more than just a few open positions, and they are used to see how well you intract with others, but if there isn't proper dialogue to encourage that, all that comes out of it is people seeming like selfish children playing look at me.

**update**
    The day after my interview I recieved an email about an offer of employment. There was a link to see the offer (how much I would be making, employee discounts, that sort of thing), another for the Background Check consent, and another for the the company policis on Drug test. I read through and accepted all these. Recieved another email about what forms have been sent and told I would be contacted for employement once the background check has come back.

I had concerns about the drug testing policy because it says that if you are hired as ...a list that pretty much states all employees...then you have 48 hours to have a drug test submitted to the store. It doesn't say Seasonal Assosiates, but in the next section on the policy it says all Assosiate types are required for drug testing. So I inquired about that, don't need one. Was also told that I have to wait for all the checks to be completed and that I will recieve another email about setting up a session for orientation, aka my first. Also told that there will be another email confirmation about 24-48 before what I scheduled for orientation, and that it will have all the information on what I need to bring or if I need to change it for another time.

It's been five days since the interview. I've never had to wait this long without hearing anything. But I've also never worked at a place that uses a 3rd party to hire employees, so this could be normal.

Interview Questions

• What quality you're most proud of?   Answer Question
    • if you saw a friend/co-worker doing something illegal what would you do?   Answer Question
    • what are good traits to have while working in the retail industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Group interview of 4. Manager was late. He then asked us questions from a packet. He didn't seem to like the fact me and a coworker from my last job was there, we informed him we didn't know that we both applied to the same place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colton, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Colton, CA).

Interview

It was a group interview. I had never done one before. It was for the Redlands ca store. We were told to check in at the customer service desk. A lady told us to go to the break room at the back of the store (she told us where it was). We entered the brake room and waited for the HR lady to come get us. She took us to another room where we sat in a row. There was 8 of us there and 2 missing. She started down the row and then went at random asking us questions. The first question was tell me about your last job and what you liked, hated and why you left. for me I was nervous ( but I tired to hide it). I was imitated hearing the other people's past job. There was a lady from another country who's last job was something with the United Nations. After hearing hers and others last job I was more nervous and had that I'm not getting hired thought. I think it was all that that got to me. I wish I could re do the interview with a different group. Any way I later got a email I didn't get the job. My advice go there with a positive attitude and try not to be nervous and try not to let the other people's last job intimidate you if your last job wasn't as exciting as the other people's in the group interview.

Interview Questions

• Telling me about your last job what you liked, what you hated and why you left   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a email the next day to schedule a interview. The day of my interview i went to customer service and signed in then waited in break room where there was about 9 people also waiting. When the interviewer got everything ready she called me and one other girl to a room to ask us if we were still in school because they have a policy. After she talked to us she called everyone else and we sat in a row of chairs in front of the interviewers desk. The first thing she did was tell us how much we were gonna get paid($9.00/hr) then told everyone to introduce themselves and say why they wanna work for kohls. Then she read everyones avaliablity and a few people whos availabilty wasnt really open she told them she wouldnt be able to continue the interview for them. After they left she went over a few positions they had and described them and asked us what position we would like and how could we benefit them? Then asked more questions. She also told us that the seasonal position is usually up until mid january and what the dress code was. When the interview was over she left and came back and told us we would get a email within a day or two letting us know if we got the job or not. My interview finished a few mins ago so i didnt get a email yet.

Interview Questions

• introduce yourself (experience you have) and why do you want to work for kohls?   Answer Question
    • what position do you want to be and how could you benefit us?   Answer Question
    • she made us roleplay on selling her a kohls charge card?   Answer Question
    • whens a time you had a difficult task and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • if 2 customers needed help at the same time what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Kingsport, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied around a week and a half ago. I got an email a couple of days later saying they would like to schedule an interview. The dates and times they had were very limited. You could only pick from 2 days out of the whole week and specific times. The interview was scheduled for a couple of days later.

I got there 15 minutes early and waited about 10. Another applicant came and the manager took us to a back room. We waited for another person, who I believe showed up late. Overall, for my first interview, it was very easy, and the managers who interviewed me seemed nice. It was a group interview, and they asked each of us the same question, sometimes getting repetitive answers. I think they randomly select who goes first, as I sat in the middle and went first for many of the questions. They asked fewer questions than I thought they would. Availability is not an issue, they're mainly looking for people who can work weekends.

I didn't get the job was because I wasn't available during Thanksgiving. Black Friday is apparently their busiest time and while being unavailable one day is okay, multiple days isn't.
    They did say that it would take around two weeks to go through all of the background checks and things, but because it was getting closer to the holidays that they would try to get it done as fast as possible.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Would you be okay soliciting Kohl's cards?   Answer Question
    • If you were helping a customer and another one came over to you and seemed to be in a hurry/upset, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you saw an employee doing something you thought was wrong, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • When do you feel it is appropriate to miss work?   1 Answer