Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.0

218 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Upland, CA

Interview

It was a group interview with me and two other people. It was fairly quick, it only took about 30 mins. The questions were easy and the manger was very friendly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Applied online, got an email in 3 days asking for a face to face Interview. And I went there and I got the offer. It was easy. Then filled in background check form

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule an interview within two or three days. They gave me a few days and times to choose from. When I was interviewed it was very straightforward and easy questions! The woman interviewing me was very kind. I received an email the next morning saying that I had received the job. Overall as long as you are confident in your answers and present yourself well you will get hired!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Process took about a week. Group interview with 6 other people. We sat in a circle and the manager asked us questions and we took turns answering them. The manager described the jobs she was hiring for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deltona, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Deltona, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Human Resources person came and got all 9 of us for our interview. First of all it was a group interview in a very small room, the entire process took less than 30 minutes and was not very informative.

Interview Questions

• One of only two questions, went around the room and told our name, availability and prior work experience.   Answer Question
    • Only other question was which position would you like to work?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in November 2017.

Interview

I was brought in for a group interview a week after submitting my online application. My group interviewed turned into a 1-1 since none of the other people showed up. It was extremely enjoyable. The assistant manager was very amicable and welcoming. I was told on spot that I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Huntersville, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

It was fairly short, about a 10-15 minute wait in the back room and about 15-20 minutes for the interview. You'll likely get a group interview, I've heard very few have gotten it as a one-on-one kind. Unfortunately for me I did get a group interview, with four others. It was supposed to be five more but one lady had left before the interview was able to start, though some people I've heard were with less than that. For this position I wasn't aware of how late you had to stay for the seasonal (this location wanted to at least 12:40 at night). I applied online and was given a slot to fill out, but they don't tell you you'll be in a group if someone else fills out the same slot as you, I knew beforehand I was probably going to be stuck in one since I prepared and looked online. For me being really shy it was very intimidating for me, but I was able to talk mostly confident despite being under a lot of pressure, and gave a few really good answers that the interviewer showed they like. We were given four of the same questions each, going in a different order, except one of the questions for me was a little different since I don't have work experience yet, only volunteer, and one question was asking about what you did and liked about your previous job. I think the only problem I had with not getting it was my availability for seasonal, I was only available until 11 at night so if you want seasonal at this location unless it changes you'll have to work until almost 1 in the morning, but not having a license or a car currently it can't work out yet, so this would be more for someone who can stay really late and possibly overnight too since they'd like that and that's what the interviewer also told us, and they said at least one week they'd be open 24 hours for the holidays, but for seasonal make sure to have late night availability, dress nice and be confident and professional, expect to be in a group interview. Some people I have heard get a email whether they're accepted or not but I never got one, and at the interview we were told to be heard back from in a week.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is asking you something and another customer interrupts, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Houma, LA) in November 2017.

Interview

A few days after filling out an online application, I received an email to schedule an interview. At the interview, the manager informed me of the length of time of the position, when I was likely to start and the dress code. She asked my availability and told me she'd out my name in the hiring pool. The next day I got my hire letter and electronic forms to fill out. Easy peasy!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Columbus, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail the following morning to schedule an interview. I had spent the next few days on Glassdoor preparing my possible answers and trying to figure out what kind of questions I’d be asked. My interview was on Tuesday. When I got there, five other people were there to interview so I knew it’d be a group interview. We were waiting for an hour before we were actually called back. The interviewer was super nice and changed the order she asked questions around the room. When the interview was complete, she called us individually to get our availability noted. Was told to wait 48 for the outcome. It is now two days after interview and I’m still waiting for a response. Fairly easy interview though.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kohl’s?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about missing work?   Answer Question
    • If you were working with a customer and another customer approached you for help, how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayville, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Dayville, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and two days later I got an email telling me that they would like me to schedule an interview. Two days before my interview I got an email saying they had to cancel it due to weather (which I understood because there was a big storm that week) and that I had to reschedule. I pushed it back a couple more days but then I got another email saying they had to cancel it due to weather and that I had to reschedule again. I called to confirm and they said that it was not cancelled and that I was still scheduled. I interviewed with one other person and it was easy. The manager asked about experience and availability. I was told that I would get an email telling me if I got the job or not but I never received an email.

Interview Questions

• Do you agree with the statement that the customer is always right?   Answer Question