Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Covington, WA).

Interview

AWFUL Experience. These people really messed me up. Kohl's, is this how you run your interview process?? I was happy to see I was accepted for an interview. I went through their online process to schedule it. I pushed back other job offers to be able to get this one. The day of my interview, just hours before, they called me to cancel it , stating that they could not do interviews that day. However, they told me that they would click a button to make sure that I could reschedule it. I followed their instructions, t didn't work, the site said that I needed to call to reschedule because my interview time was locked, so I called back. I called back a total of 6 times over a course of days, as they threw me around to different people who didn't know what was wrong. Finally, I got a hold of someone who said she would call the company that runs their scheduling site on Monday, and she took my name.. I expected a call on Monday, but Tuesday and Wednesday passed. I called both days, but on Wednesday they finally told me that all the sales positions had been filled. I feel completely ripped off of the interview I was given and really needed. They need to get a new way of scheduling interviews. It's so unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Weren't asked any questions, because I couldn't get as far as the sit-down.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in October 2011.

Interview

Apply online. A week later I received a call for an interview. Went to the interview sent to break room to fill out an application again. Taken into a small office with a circle of chairs. Store manager asked 5 interview questions and went around the circle letting everyone answer. You will be contacted a couple weeks later for results. He let us know up front that you will be given less than 20 hours a week depending on how business is going.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted the application and the following day I got an email asking to choose my interview. I had gone through the reviews from glassdoor and had practice all the interview questions that were submitted. I was the only one signed up for that interview time. She asked me several questions. With some of the questions we just had a regular conversation. She told me that I should be getting an email if I did get hired or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Conroe, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and i the next day I got an email inviting me for an interview there was a link to choose a date and time. There was only one day and three different times. It was a group interview so I was kind of intimidated since everyone else had experience except for me. The manager was nice and asked a couple of questions and so did her supervisor. We weren't asked the same questions and I got nervous since everyone else seemed to know what to say. I didn't got an email or a phone call so I didn't get the job.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online in Nov 2016 (SC) and the next day I got email for the interview and scheduled for the week after.
    It was a group interview.
    It was easy and went well. The manager was very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Erie, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

So first off, I send the application via online on Wednesday. 24 hours later they respond with an email asking for an interview. I schedule my interview on Monday the 14th at 11:00am.

The manager was really nice. (His name was Cerk or Kerk which ever way he spells it.) We shook hands and then he brought me back into the interviewing office and sat me down. I was half expecting it to be a group interview but it was just me. (Mind you, I was VERY nervous) It was my first job interview ever. He asked me questions- I answered. Nod-nod, and then another handshake. I was really proud and relieved that it was over but still super nervous. So currently it is 1:34 pm the day AFTER my interview and so far no email has been sent.

I'm still really nervous and he told me he had 11 interviews that day. Does that mean I have a better chance or the opposite? Anyways- I'm dying to get this job. He told me it would be up to 2 days or (48 hours) So I'm really hoping I got this down. I'll update soon enough to see if I was accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is your BEST quality?   1 Answer
    • Give an example.   1 Answer
    • What is your WORST quality?   1 Answer
    • Which position or area would you like to choose if you did get the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Springfield, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online on a Monday, received an interview invitation email the next day. Group interview happened two days after that. Received a "Welcome to the Kohl's family" email the following Monday with some forms to fill out and other attachments. Email saying forms received the next day and waited in agony to have background checks done till Saturday when I got an email to schedule my first day!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Kohl's?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever seen a a co-worker breaking policy/doing something illegal? How did you respond to that situation?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you kept getting more tasks added to your work load to the point it'd be unlikely for you to finish?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Johnson City, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

I had to select a time and date that would be best and when I arrived there was already someone waiting in line for an interview. Once it was my turn the manager apologized for the delay and ushered me back to his office where we sat and talked for about 20-30 minutes going over my resume, past job history, and why I applied for the job. After I answered all his questions the manager described the job description and the chances of me being hired on as a part-time associate after the holidays are over. He then asked if I had any questions and then offered me the position. I had to accept the offer online and then sign up for orientation, which is about a three hour process of filing out paperwork and have a store tour. Before I left orientation the manager asked my best days for on the job training which is about four hours long per shift.

Interview Questions

• Give a couple of words that come to mind when you think of Kohl's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online.. they got back to me the next day.. scheduled for interview online.it was easy to get the interview..was one to one interview..the interview was nice.kohls management are nice

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing u think for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Whittier, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got there early and was asked to fill out an availability sheet. I said i can work from 8:30 am til closing since my son is in daycare. I got called back by the manager and he was very nice and made me feel comfortable. Each question was simple and situational. I made sure i talked as much as i could and gave examples of when i had to calm down a customer. The whole interview was about 10 minutes long. He asked where I'd like to work and gave me a few exanples and i said I'd be great in the kids department since i have a 3 year old son. He chuckled a little which gave me an odd feeling. And he wrote something down. Then he said I'd hear back in about 24-72 hours. And then he added "...if you get the position i mean". So im hoping i really do get it.

Uodate: got my email with a job offer two days later, just waiting on my background check to come back and im in! :)

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to defuse a situation with a customer?   Answer Question