Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.0

176 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Fontana, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the nearest location. I received an email to set up an interview time. I clicked the link they provided and picked the only day made optional. There was also a link for questionnaire, I clicked it but it said I already completed it. It was a group interview of 8 people. A question was asked and we each had to ask the same question.

Interview Questions

• If a customer approached you needing assistance while your busy with another customer what would you do?   Answer Question
  • how do you feel about people not showing up to work?   Answer Question
  • How would you prioritize the work that needs to be done if you had more than one assignments?   Answer Question
  • When is it acceptable to not come to work?   Answer Question
  • How do you feel about the words "the customer is always right."   Answer Question
  • What was the last mistake you made and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Riverbank, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied and the next day got an email with a link to choose and appointment. when I got their their was one other girl. We went into the room and we were asked questions and when we were done we left. She told us that we would receive an email within the week. I did not receive an email however my friend did saying he got the job. He than submitted a background check and passed.

Interview Questions

• Are you more reliable, same amount of reliable or less reliable than your Peers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Ramsey, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

I found the Seasonal Position on Kohl's website and easily applied and scheduled an interview slot. Within days I heard back confirming my interview. If an interview is to be rescheduled/cancelled, one is supposed to go to the confirmation time slot email and edit it. However, when I went to do so it would not allow me to make changes. I emailed Human Resources and did not hear back. Then a few days later received and automated response saying, in summary, "thank you for interviewing.. it was nice meeting you.. we have unfortunately chosen another candidate for the position.." It was very irritating for me that even though I did not interview, I received this automated response, and Human Resources did not contact me back.

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Murrieta, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through SnagAJob after i saw the position posted on indeed.com. Got a call two days later and set up an interview for the next day. Had a group interview which consisted of 8 people (including myself). The interviewer asked questions and you had to raise your hand if you wanted to answer. Try to answer as many questions as you can and try to raise your hand first because most likely someone else will say what you wanted to say and it will look like you're copying their answer. There were about 5 questions and after she asked them she went outside the room and said she would call us out One-by-One and tell us wether we got the job or not. She ended up hiring 5 of the 8 people there (including myself). Then we filled out paperwork and she told us we would be expecting a call for orientation next week. Best advice is just to answer as many questions and you can and dont just sit there not answering any because it will make you look quiet and like you dont care.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you did not attend a scheduled appointment?
      When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Name a time when you had to change your priorities suddenly?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Altamonte Springs, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application online through Snagajob and about a week later, I was called to schedule an interview the following Monday. I showed up for my 4 PM interview around 3:50 PM and waited around with about 7 other interviewees. The interviewer came out and got us exactly at 4 and we gathered around a large table in a room near the customer service desk. We went around the table, introducing ourselves. The way the questioning works is... the interviewer asks a question and the first three people answer. Then, he/she asks a different question and the second group of three people answer. This continues until each person has answered about 3 questions. Some of the questions my interviewer asked were: How would you describe a satisfied customer? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker. What would you do if you saw a customer stealing an item? I was pretty nervous because I have never had an interview before and was not sure what to expect but apparently I did well because I got a call 8 days later to come in for orientation the next day. I took the job because I am a college student and I need a little income to pay for tuition.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to change your priorities suddenly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because it is a seasonal part-time position. The pay is $7.57 per hour. My manager said there will be 20 people hired to continue working for Kohl's after the holidays end.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied on snagajob. Got a call in 5 days. Group interview, enough easy and relaxed. In several days got an offer. I think almost all in my group have been hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimal wage.

Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Covington, LA) in November 2013.

Interview

Basically they bring a group of people into a room, and the group is asked various questions. It is a nice and inviting experience.

Interview Questions

• Really just general questions about customer service, people in general, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. We were told this is the salary take it or leave it.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

My friend brought me an application. I filled it out. She took it back and the store manager called me that afternoon and set up an interview with the personnel manager the next day. She was very upbeat and engaging. The interview was mainly a chat about a former employee that the pm and I shared while I filled out paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied online and got a call an hour later for a group interview the next day. there were 4 other girls and it was very simple basic questions and lasted about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Puyallup, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

This is my first job so I was quite nervous (i'M MAKING THIS REALLY DETAILED JUST IN CASE SOMEONE WANTS TO APPLY). I applied Oct. 1st but didn't get a call around the 23rd. Tbh I honestly forgot about Kohl's since I was applying at every store practically everyday. The interview was on Saturday the 25th. I came in the store to customer service and the woman there was so friendly. Apparently the guy that was interviewing me was a nice person so she kept laughing at me because I was so nervous and told me not to worry. When I went to the back room he had me fill out some papers which I thought was weird (At every other interview I went they never had me fill out papers) but I learned soon enough that that was for my background check and a list of things that goes on in the store and if I'm willing to do any of those things. When I was done filling out forms he came and sat down so we could start the interview. He started off by telling me how long he's been in retail and how long he's been at Kohl's. Then proceeded with the questions about myself. Out of all the interviews I've done with other companies (such as Dairy Queen, Subway, Target etc.) this was the easiest interview. He made some jokes so I wouldn't feel uncomfortable and it worked lol. At the end when he asked if there were any questions I had I started freaking out lol he actually answered all the questions I was planning on asking him during the interview so I just said no and he laughed and said it's okay. Questions that he asked will be down under along with the answer I gave. At the end of the interview he told me that I shouldn't worry cause he thought the interview went great and that someone would call me when my background check is finished. They called two days later saying that I passed and that orientation for new employees is the 2nd of Nov.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Why do I want to work for Kohl's   1 Answer
    • Name a time when someone frustrated you   1 Answer
    • Do I have any problems with asking customers if they would like to sign up for a Kohl's charge card   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you went above and beyond for someone   1 Answer

Negotiation

He asked what would I like my pay to be and I just said minimum wage. I thought I have no right to negotiate since it would be my first job and minimum wage here in Washington is 9.32 so i absolutely had no problem lol