Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Point, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Rocky Point, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic questions like any other interview. I interviewed with one other girl, the manager asked us about our experience, about how we'd handle certain situations, the most important aspect of working for kohls etc.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important aspect of a customers experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kohl's (Portage, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, very short, only asked each person one question each and some of them were the same . woman interviewng was unprofessional and did not stay on the topic of the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself more or less reliable than your coworkers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ramsey, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Ramsey, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

I found the Seasonal Position on Kohl's website and easily applied and scheduled an interview slot. Within days I heard back confirming my interview. If an interview is to be rescheduled/cancelled, one is supposed to go to the confirmation time slot email and edit it. However, when I went to do so it would not allow me to make changes. I emailed Human Resources and did not hear back. Then a few days later received and automated response saying, in summary, "thank you for interviewing.. it was nice meeting you.. we have unfortunately chosen another candidate for the position.." It was very irritating for me that even though I did not interview, I received this automated response, and Human Resources did not contact me back.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed a few days after inviting me to an interview. I scheduled the interview online. I went into the store the day of my interview and was directed to the office upstairs. It was a group interview of about 8 of us. They brought us all into a room and the manager explained that he would ask questions openly and that it was up to us if we wanted to answer them. First, he had us all fill out availability forms and sign some papers. Then he asked us all to introduce ourselves. I was the first one to answer it. After the interview he asked us if we had any questions. Then he explained that he would bring us each one at a time into his office to discuss further actions, which meant offering us a job, declining us, scheduling extra interviews if necessary, or sending an e-mail in the next few days letting us know the decision.
    He called each candidate into his office for a private conversation. When he called me in, he confirmed my availability, asked if I had a reliable source of transportation, and then told me has was offering me a job as a POS Associate. He told me the pay was $9 an hour, and explained the basic duties as a POS (Point of sales) associate. I accepted the offer and he told me that I'd get an email in the next 24 hours to schedule orientation.

Interview Questions

• What does customer engagement mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you were helping a customer and another customer interrupted asking for help?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Kohls?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Anchorage, AK) in October 2015.

Interview

It was the holiday season so there were many applicants there. To save time they had us do a group interview which consisted of about 10 of us. The manager would ask a question and we all went in turn answering the questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have in customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted the application and the following day I got an email asking to choose my interview. I had gone through the reviews from glassdoor and had practice all the interview questions that were submitted. I was the only one signed up for that interview time. She asked me several questions. With some of the questions we just had a regular conversation. She told me that I should be getting an email if I did get hired or not.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

There is a group interview. It was about 4 of us. We were ask 5 questions. The hiring manager was friendly and energetic. The process lasted about 30 mins. I was notified by email the day after if I was hired or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (Conroe, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and i the next day I got an email inviting me for an interview there was a link to choose a date and time. There was only one day and three different times. It was a group interview so I was kind of intimidated since everyone else had experience except for me. The manager was nice and asked a couple of questions and so did her supervisor. We weren't asked the same questions and I got nervous since everyone else seemed to know what to say. I didn't got an email or a phone call so I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Greeley, CO).

Interview

It was a group interview, and we each were asked the same questions. It was overall a easy interview. They had us fill out a time sheet again because the application online did not have the same hours as the store.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a list of things to do. How would you handle those tasks? Do the small first of bigger.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (New York, NY).

Interview

Joint interview. No work related questions, more about how we run our daily lives to understand how we work with others in public. Asked about our reasoning for wanting to work retail but no questions that were expected in a normal interview. It was like a friendly dinner with a stranger.