Kohl's Store Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nazareth, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Nazareth, PA).

Interview

The interview process was very easy and only took around 15 minutes. The hiring manager was really friendly and treated the interview as a normal conversation. Unfortunately I think they look for people who have previous experience in retail. When I was asked a few questions, it became obvious that they weren't looking for someone applying for their first job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Yonkers, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Very standard interviewing process. General questions about oneself and past experiences. Interviewed by manager. Business casual attire. Discussed expectations of the job and dress code for job. Asked about preferred position. Offered job 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not know the answer to the customer's question?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview.. Really easy and interesting... Friendly managers. They ask you about yourself and how you would react in such situations while working. They make you feel comfortable in the interview. I really loved that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chula Vista, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Group interview than second interview with store manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (North Las Vegas, NV) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied on SnagAJob.com and was emailed about a group interview a week later. There were 11 other people there. 2 very friendly employees interviewed us. They went around the table asking questions and I answered 2. They asked the same exact questions that are on here. Make sure you make them laugh and be very very friendly. They said they would call within a week, but there were more experienced people so I'm sure they hired them.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when a customer is truly satisfied?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a customer needed help in a dept. you didn't work in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in D'Iberville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (D'Iberville, MS) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview a week later. I arrived early and was dressed nicely. The interview went well and I am waiting to hear from them in a few days when my background check clears.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of how you have given excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Sacramento, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied two weeks ago through a Walk-In and got called in for a 'group interview.'

For half an hour I was in with four other candidates interviewed by a panel of five
    who wrote whatever you answered down on a clipboard and graded it. They asked
    each person questions like "How do you feel about credit card solicitation?" and
    mainly situational questions on evaluating what your actions as to how you would
    align them with their values. Each person was asked the same question.

After that we waited for them once they were finished in another room to come back
    dismiss a few of us and keep others for certain reasons but really because they were
    the ones hired and the ones dismissed were not hired. In the end they stated that
    they would contact within two weeks if needed because they had more candidates to
    interview as well possibly the chance for a second interview. Which never happened.

Group interviews are mainly short and do not give you much of a chance to show your
    own enthusiasm except an easier chance for employers to narrow down what they see
    valuable for their company quickly eliminating possible candidates. Chances to impress
    the employer would be to come up with a different detailed and unique answer then the
    one who answered it last that sets you apart from the others.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about credit solicitation?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had to take the day off?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Marietta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received a call inviting me in for an interview. Went in and there were about 5 other people there to interview. We did everything in a group setting so it is important to make yourself stand out

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied initially through snagajob.com. I received a phone call for a group interview in which a range of questions were asked that we answered on a round table basis, generally regarding how you would handle different types of customer and co-worker situations. I was immediately hired following the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were helping a customer, and another customer came up and asked for help, what would you do?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's in July 2012.

Interview

Was called about two weeks after I applied for the second time on snag a job. Had a choice of two different days, and three different days to come in for a group interview.

Interview Questions

Received another offer closer to home, and that paid a little bit better.