Kohl's Store Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nazareth, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Nazareth, PA).

Interview

The interview process was very easy and only took around 15 minutes. The hiring manager was really friendly and treated the interview as a normal conversation. Unfortunately I think they look for people who have previous experience in retail. When I was asked a few questions, it became obvious that they weren't looking for someone applying for their first job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Yonkers, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Very standard interviewing process. General questions about oneself and past experiences. Interviewed by manager. Business casual attire. Discussed expectations of the job and dress code for job. Asked about preferred position. Offered job 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not know the answer to the customer's question?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview.. Really easy and interesting... Friendly managers. They ask you about yourself and how you would react in such situations while working. They make you feel comfortable in the interview. I really loved that.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I applied initially through snagajob.com. I received a phone call for a group interview in which a range of questions were asked that we answered on a round table basis, generally regarding how you would handle different types of customer and co-worker situations. I was immediately hired following the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were helping a customer, and another customer came up and asked for help, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Marietta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received a call inviting me in for an interview. Went in and there were about 5 other people there to interview. We did everything in a group setting so it is important to make yourself stand out

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's (Chula Vista, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Group interview than second interview with store manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (North Las Vegas, NV) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied on SnagAJob.com and was emailed about a group interview a week later. There were 11 other people there. 2 very friendly employees interviewed us. They went around the table asking questions and I answered 2. They asked the same exact questions that are on here. Make sure you make them laugh and be very very friendly. They said they would call within a week, but there were more experienced people so I'm sure they hired them.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when a customer is truly satisfied?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a customer needed help in a dept. you didn't work in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in D'Iberville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kohl's (D'Iberville, MS) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview a week later. I arrived early and was dressed nicely. The interview went well and I am waiting to hear from them in a few days when my background check clears.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of how you have given excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's in July 2012.

Interview

Was called about two weeks after I applied for the second time on snag a job. Had a choice of two different days, and three different days to come in for a group interview.

Interview Questions

Received another offer closer to home, and that paid a little bit better.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online through snagajob.com, received an email from the store within a week asking me to choose a date for the interview. After I had chosen a specific day and time and told them I could definitely make it, they mentioned that it would be a group interview. Overall, it was an easy process. There were about 9-10 other people there, and they asked a question and went around the room so each person could answer. Very standard interview questions--"what would you do if..." It seemed like they were more interested in seeing how confident and outgoing and clear we were in responding, rather than looking for specific answers.

Interview Questions

• How would you define customer service, and what aspects of customer service are the most important?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you caught an employee stealing?   Answer Question