Kohl's Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohl's Store Manager Interview Questions

2.6

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

I did a video interview on an app called HireVue. The video was prerecorded. There were 7 questions. You also have 3 days to complete the interview on the app after u get your code.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be a store manager?

how has your background prepared you for this position?

What qualities do you possess that make you a great leader?

why do you want to work for Kohl's?

What motivates you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kohl's

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Phone Interview, Interviewer stated the next step would happen when the District Manager returned. Even though I sent a follow up thank you and phone call, I never heard back. Not even a rejection letter?

Interview Questions

• I did not feel that any question was too difficult except for why I want to leave my current employer.
      That was difficult for me to talk about since I do not want to "bad mouth" or appear negative due to the fact that the reasons I want to leave are due to unethical and poor practices.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Interview process was like a normal. There were two interviews in the whole process. Most of the questions were tell me about a time when type. The recruiter also walked through my resume.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Online is the prevailing link or referral. Phone screening, District interview then Regional. Questions directed around team building, results and experience. Trying hire through larger Universities and developing talent inhouse. Senior positions generally filled based on specific need. Interveiws are generally done in store locations and a relaxed Q&A is the typical experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions very direct and many concerning ability to develop team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Springfield, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Team interview, on top of two separate interviews with hiring managers. The questions were easy and the managers were very friendly. The team interview was tough because none of us knew anything about retail management or selling clothes. It was really just a case study and they wanted to see your leadership ability among the group.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself in retail in five years or in corporate management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kohl's (Shreveport, LA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, I was emailed assessment to take. After completion I then had a Face to Face interview with the DM & DLPM. A few days later I then phone interview with RVP.

Interview Questions

• What does your 1st 30 days look like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate b/c the offer I was given was all around better than what I currently had.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Phone interview was a little odd. Recruiter wanted names of others that she could recruit which didn't make sense. Online assessment included 20 math story problems that were irrelevant for the job.

Better offer came along.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohl's.

Interview

Limited questions about me more interested in my prior employer

Negotiation

Stated desired salary and got it

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohl's (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interviewed with HR recruiter for approx 45 mins. Then a casual meeting with a bench store manager was scheduled. After that I interviewed with the district manager at his office and then had a interview with the regional manager at the regional office. I was offered the job a day later via phone by the district manager.

Interview Questions

• 1. What were my core values?
      2. Describe a conflict I had with a peer and how did I resolved it.
      3. Name my 3 best strengths and 1 opportunity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohl's (Athens, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

I received the opportunity to interview with Kohl's by attending an on-campus career fair. I spoke with one of the recruiters and she offered me an interview. I thought the interview went ok considering it was my first real interview. It was very laid back and conversational. I could have answered a few questions more thoroughly, but overall, I think the interviewer was pleased with my responses. Afterward, it took about two weeks for them to send a response. i did not get another interview, but it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell be one of the biggest mistakes you have ever made and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty in order to complete a task.   Answer Question