Kohler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohler Interview Questions

Interviews at Kohler

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Phone interview followed by another skype interview before getting an offer.

Great conversation with HR representative and Hiring manager. Spoke about my background and coursework that aligned with company needs at the time making me the best fit for the role .

Human Resources Director - Destination Kohler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kohler (Telephone, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

I was referred by a headhunter who submitted my resume and executive summary. An hour interview was scheduled with the TA Manager Cassie. A day or so before the interview, the headhunter informed me the interview needed to be cut short to 30 minutes. The interview process was robotic with a large dog barking in the background as the TA was working from home and she spent a few minutes telling the dog to shut up and telling me about the dog. Unlike most interviews, the TA asked me what questions I had first. This took about about another 10 minutes leaving the TA 15 minutes to ask me questions. She asked one question: Can you tell me your hospitality background? I spent roughly 13 minutes reviewing my resume. This is odd as she had my resume and executive summary and had looked at my LinkedIn page numerous times. With 2 minutes left in the time frame, she interrupts saying “I know the headhunter told you I had only 30 minutes so we need to end the interview.”

Now the interview was to be an hour long and the headhunter had said they wanted an HR Director experienced in Employee Engagement and not an HR Cop. Later that afternoon, the headhunter emailed me that the TA was rejecting my application as I talked too much.

First of all, a TA is to sell the applicant on the company while the applicant sells themself. Second, the TA should have rescheduled or offered to finish the interview at another time.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about your work history since you began in hospitality.   1 Answer

Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in March 2020.

Interview

A Senior Recruiter contacted me for a phone interview.
    I responded right away with my phone number to set up a telephone interview with him.
    Job loss is the fifth most stressful event in a person's life, and recruiters who treat you like you are just a piece of paper should not be in the recruitment business. You are handling a person's livelihood and should treat it as a thing of great value and not just ignore them or ghost them. It's very unprofessional behavior.

Interview Questions

• Let me know when you are available for a phone interview.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohler.

Interview

It was a quick interview I was asked about my skills. I was offered job on the spot. I didn’t card for the position do I didn’t stay long but the company I would like to work for again one day

Engineering Co-op (Manufacturing) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in November 2019.

Interview

Step one was a phone Screen; Step 2 was a call with the Senior Manager of the project. We spoke about the role I would play as a manufacturing intern

Interview went well, however I did not get an offer. Unsure why.

Interview Questions

• Little bit about yourself
      Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you rectified it   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler in October 2019.

Interview

The interview in person took about 4 hours. Meet with teams of 2 for 1 hour each. One hiring manager used the caliper test to question me during the interview. Apparently he said that the test isn't 100% accurate so he wanted to understand my critical thinking. When he started to do that, I had lost interest in the role and disappointed that he kept on using the caliper result on me. Luckily, the other manager with him had to tell him to stop and said I had answered two things correctly. After that, he turned his body away from me and started to look at his phone, paper, and at the clock. Making it to the onsite interview was a blessing because I got to experience the way Kohler actually interview people. I guess they want the BEST OF THE BEST so they can be picky and be extremely hard on them. I finally understand why people either love it or hate it there.

Interview Questions

• Describe what kind of manager you want?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohler (Huntsville, AL) in October 2019.

Interview

I was contacted via InMail by a Kohler recruiter on a Thursday to ask if I was interested in discussing an HR Manager role at one of their manufacturing facilities. The recruiter requested my availability for the next week to speak with her.

I responded that I was interested in speaking with her and gave the times.

She responded with the same message again (I guess she did not realize that she had already sent out the message once) and asked for dates and times of my availability. I responded with detailed dates and times of availability, again.

On Friday, the recruiter responded. In her response she ignored my two previous responses to her original inquiries and asked me if I had experience working with unions.

I responded that I had experience working with unions - including information of when and where I had worked in union environments.

No additional response was received from the recruiter on Friday or the following Monday stating a selected day and time when she would like to speak with me.

On Tuesday morning I checked my In Mail messages at 8:30 AM - still no response as to when the recruiter would like to set up an appointment to speak with me.

At 9:47 AM my phone rang - the caller ID was blocked, therefore, I let it go to voice mail. I promptly listened to the voice mail - it was the recruiter telling me that she was sorry that I had missed our scheduled 9:30 AM call. She asked me to call her back at my convenience.

I logged into my LinkedIn account and I found where she had In Mailed me at 8:55 AM on Tuesday morning (35 minutes before she wanted to meet with me) saying that she would be calling me at 9:30. So she gave me 35 minutes heads up to prepare for an interview and she assumed that I was monitoring my InMail account and waiting for her to message me.

Before I could return her call my phone rang again four minutes later at 9:51. While the name was blocked I recognized the telephone number so I answered the call.

The recruiter asked me if this was a good time to talk - I said I could. She told me that they were looking for a Change Management professional. I was a little confused because the position I had applied for was an HR Manager position - but I went with it. Did I have any change management experience? I said yes, and proceeded to give her an example using the STAR method to share my example. I asked her if the position was a Change Management position or an HR position. She seemed confused and said she thought it was an HR Management position that focused on Change management because they were currently having severe change management problems in their facility. As a professional there is a distinct difference in job positions between change management and HR management. While change management would be part of an HR position – administration is the driving force of change management and HR is a participant in the Change Management process. I do not think that the recruiter understood the difference between a change management position and an HR management position and she was floundering, confused, and ill-prepared to have an informed conversation.

The recruiter then told me that she would share my example with the hiring manager and that if I was going to be moving forward I would be called. Thank you for your time. No opportunity given for me to ask questions or initiate any conversation.

Very unprofessional, extremely disorganized interactions both via email and in spoken conversation on the phone. Not a quality experience with this company and recruiter. Quite honestly if this recruiter is an accurate representation of the quality of personnel in this organization I am not interested. Also, if this is a depiction of the "brand" of the organization I am appalled.

Interview Questions

• We currently need someone who is an expert in Change Management. Please give me an example of when you have done Change Management.   Answer Question

Manufacturing COO[ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online. Had initial phone interview with HR to discuss pay and benefits. Had second interview with hiring manager. He described day to day of job. Only asked one question about myself and asked three times if i was sure i was interested in the job.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Received email from recruiters after the university career fair. Invited to a restaurant with three other engineers and other candidates for a casual dinner interview. Overall it was a good experience, it was casual and recruiters talked a lot about the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• Bunch of behavior questions, "what would you do if...?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kohler (State College, PA) in September 2019.

Interview

I went to the career fair and spoke with recruiters the day before and got the interview the next day. On-campus interview, nothing too challenging, just trying to see if your personality is a good fit

Interview Questions

• general walkthrough resume & questions about your past experience   Answer Question