Kohler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2017

2.9

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

First interview was a conference call with 3-4 people. I was a bit nervous for this and felt like I did alright. They asked a lot of personality/theoretical questions. Second interview was in person and I felt more positive about it but still didn't expect much. Went through my work history/school then asked a lot of questions about work ethics/communication. Ended the interview with more technical questions that I wasn't necessarily prepared for, so I just admitted to not knowing much about the topic and expressed interest in learning more. Overall, everyone was very nice and the process only took 3-4 weeks from first interview to second interview to start day.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume.   1 Answer

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

This was quite probably the most screwed up interview process I've EVER been though; and I've been through many.

I applied for a job called "Digital Marketing Director". Suddenly, a new posting went up for a "Manager of Digital Marketing and Ecommerce", which the senior recruiter called me about. I asked her about the other job, and she said it was the same job, they just changed the title. I found out later (from another employee) that was a complete LIE.

Kohler's hiring process is a disaster. They had me do multiple phone interviews, 5 interviews on-site (a 3 hour drive), multiple online tests, and finally a psych test that I had to drive 2 hours to Milwaukee for. After passing all the tests "with flying colors", according to the recruiter, I waited...and waited....and waited....to this day, they've never had the common courtesy to let me know what's going on. It's been six months. Obviously, I would not go there now, even though they're in my hometown!

Interview Questions

• The questions I was asked were not out of the ordinary. But the entire process is a complete disaster, very time-consuming...you jump through hoops and they're very, very inconsiderate, and then they leave you hanging.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohler.

Interview

SImple interview rounds from school career-fair days. Mostly behavioral and situational questions. They interviewed all people who applied at the school's career portal. After the 15 min interview, if one was selected, they were offered the job .

Interview Questions

• Generally standard behavioral questions and stituational questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Phone screen leading and on-line personality & intelligence test. Led to on-site interview with company representatives and off-site interview with workforce psychologist. Also included additional extensive testing for intelligence and behavioral.

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Providence, RI) in March 2017.

Interview

There were several interview process on the phone after College recruiting event. It included phone call with recruiter, head designer, after a Kohler representative at college recruiting event. Interview was mainly focused on my portfolio and experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your design process   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kohler.

Interview

I was referred to the company and several job openings through a recruiter. After taking a Caliper assessment, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then brought into the corporate office for 4+ hours of interviews with various leaders. After great feedback from the first round of interviews, I was asked to spend an afternoon downtown Milwaukee taking skill assessment tests, personality tests and meet with a psychologist. After being told I "passed" the psych assessment and receiving very positive feedback on the interview process, I was told they went with an internal candidate. I was called back to interview and speak with various leaders regarding other openings and each time was told they were interested in me, however they went with an internal candidate. This back-n-forth went on over the course of 6 months. The interview process was a very large time investment.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you won't miss about your former place of employment?   Answer Question

Staff Engineer, Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Sheboygan, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Nothing to say much as I don't like the lack of communication and clarity of the interview process. Contacted by a recruiter and had a great interview(Recruiter, Phone screen with the hiring manager and group director, Onsite ) but they kept me hanging(without much communication) for almost 2 months, before moving ahead with another candidate. I don't mind not getting the offer but there was lack of clear and honest communication, on their part, which was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions and Engineering problem solving questions/ Psycho-Analytical test(waste of time...they do not use any info)   Answer Question

Materials Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview. HR called me for an initial phone screen. Very standard questions - mostly behavioral. The interviewer was nice and most at a fast pace. They asked why Kohler etc.

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohler (Houghton, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

There were 3 interviews one in person one with HR and one with the management of the department. They were very friendly and the questions they were asking were about classes ive taken and how I would handle certain situations

Interview Questions

• Describing my experience at school and projects I've done.   Answer Question

Senior Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Phone call with HR: Basic question and screening. 2. Technical interview: interview with the manager, he explained he role and also asked technical question (Capability, some example from the past, FMEA, etc.). 3. On site interview: 3 interviews that day -> one with HR and my colleagues, then a lunch with one of the managers (he interviewed me during the lunch), the final interview was with the top manager (technical questions only)

Interview Questions

• Difference between Cp and Cpk   Answer Question
    • What are the steps of a Gage R&R analysis   1 Answer
    • If you were auditing a supplier and you don't have an audit to follow, what would you check? Where would you start?   Answer Question

Basically they were offering much less than other companies. If you want an engineer with a Master and a Green Belt you have to pay more than a entry level salary. Other than that the company culture looks good, and benefits look good also.