Kohler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2017

2.9

Production Supervisor, Inventory Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohler (Hattiesburg, MS).

Interview

Hour long Phone interview. Knowledge of the applied position, along with computer skills, and overall personality. The thing that's probably going to be the most difficult for qualified individuals is the background check. It's more extreme than getting a top secret clearance for the government

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

It's a long and tedious process. There are several gaps in the process without updates on the status. The recruiters were good in follow up once you inquired. You prescreen with a recruiter, take a Caliper assessment, phone screen with hiring manager, onsite panel interview, wait several weeks for feedback.

Interview Questions

• Behavior/situational based interview questions. Tell me about a time when.....   Answer Question

Low salary 50% of market that includes bonus

Engineer Interview

Interview

The entire process was smooth and Kohler do take care of their candidates over the two day process giving a good first impression of how the company treats its employees. Interviewed with several people with different background.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about experience, past projects and how to apply the skills learned in the workplace.   Answer Question

A Creative Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kohler (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I heard about the job through a recruiter. I met with four people in one interview session. They were all very nice. Super smart. Experienced. Professional. Very down-to-earth. Kohler seems like a great company.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty standard "getting to know you and your experience" questions. These types of positions are based on your book, your resume, and whether or not they like you.   Answer Question

Student Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kohler (Hattiesburg, MS).

Interview

Being a college of business student, I think this interview was very laid back. They spent most of the time explaining the job duties to you. Basically if you get to the interview, you gotten a lot further than you think. Always dress to impress.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohler in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted my cover letter and application and was contacted about 4 days later by HR saying they were interested in me. I was then asked to type up and submit answers to "pre screening" questions regarding personality traits and interests related to the job (in their luxury furnishings division). I did so and did not hear from my HR contact for 8 days. I followed up regarding the status and was told they would like to schedule a phone interview later in the week. I had the phone interview, and some of the questions were qualitative, and I felt the HR person lacked proper training or knowledge of interior design to analyze and understand my responses. She robotically answered "Alright" to every single question. I understand it's an interview but was not conversational or engaging at all. She also asked for a salary range which I asked to disclose via email instead of over the phone. I was also told I would need to complete an hour long personality type test that they use to evaluate candidates, and send along a portfolio. I sent the portfolio and my salary and received a link to the test. However, when I went to take it, the link had expired. I checked my email and there was a curt note from HR saying my salary range was too high and that they would keep my resume on file for future positions. I replied back saying I had room to negotiate and asked what numbers they were working with. I didn't receive a response, so the following Monday I replied again saying I hoped we could resume the conversation. I also did not receive a response. Given the effort and time I had put in, the least HR could do would be to send an email saying they could not negotiate salary. Unfortunately this experience put a very bad taste in my mouth and I have zero interest in working for them going forward. The position I applied for specified a graduate degree I am in the process of receiving, but it seems like they are either incapable of paying commensurate to my level of education or have given HR instructions to bargain hunt and get someone for nothing.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Had to take an aptitude test prior to the interview. I had a phone interview prior to taking the personality test. The interview itself was in a hotel meeting room. They were cranking through applicants

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a success.
      Tell me about a failure.
      Tell me something about your current product.
      What is your strength? Weakness?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

It was around 30 minutes long in a separate conference room with the director of the department and I was greeted by some very nice people with warm welcomes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and take me through your resume.   Answer Question

Buyer Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohler in March 2016.

Interview

After two weeks of application, I received an email notifying for a phone interview. The questions were not really hard to answer unless you're not prepared for it. It is important that you understand the job description and the position itself. Just calm and be yourself!

Interview Questions

• Common STAR question. Be prepared for unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Overall, the process was pretty straightforward. First was a phone screen with HR and some pretty basic, canned questions, then came a second round with the Hiring Manager and another local sales rep. The interview lasted about 60 minutes and was pretty straightforward- work history, education, why do you want this job? etc. I had an opportunity to ask questions, they're very into the corporate culture. Overall the two people that I interviewed with were very professional and friendly while being informative and honest about what its really like to work at Kohler.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were able to overcome adversity.   1 Answer