Kohler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kohler Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.9

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Usual process, recruiter asked screening questions and then scheduled me for department interview after a few days. Be prepared to answer some tough logical interview questions. Be prepared to answer some of the walk me through your resume questions. Second interview lasted 5 hours which was little overwhelming for me as a newbie. It took them a while to get back to me, but everything went positively.

Quality Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohler in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a request for a phone interview about a week later. A week after that i was asked to come for an onsite interview. Interview was with 6 people, each person for a hour. Pretty much basic questions about my resume.
    I followed up a month later after not hearing anything back from them, to check on the status of the position and only then they told me i didn't get it.

HVAC Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohler in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the project manager. He introduced the company and the projects he was doing, then went through my resume and asked questions. It lasted about 30mins. there was no behavior questions or technical ones, but the detail of my experience and projects.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Interviewed with a couple people in person and over the phone. The process was friendly and everything took place pretty quickly. Pretty easy interviewing process in comparison to others that I have been involved in. This is a large company so the process would likely be different depending on the business unit and department that is doing the interviewing.

Engineering Analyst - Technical Communicator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

From the time I was asked to fill out the application by a recruiter to the actual onsite interview close to 2 months have passed. I had 2 phone interviews, took an online exam and then attended a 6 hour interview with 5 people and took a written test. All the people were very pleasant with the exception of 1 person. She was not engaged in the interview and seemed very uninterested and as if her mind was made up. She proceed to say "I know its illegal to ask but are you married?" This is where my mind was made up that I would not be taking an offer from this company. They have a history laced with hiring discrimination and it is clear that they don't take it seriously. If you know a question is illegal and you know better...why ask?

Purchasing Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohler in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and in 3 weeks I got an email back scheduling for a phone interview from the manager of the department that I applied for. Phone interview was easy, went over my resume, a couple of behavioral-based questions, and any questions I had for the manager. Within almost 2 weeks recieved an offer.

Interview Questions

• Whenever they ask a behavioral question, just think of your past experience and give an answer using your experience, school or work   Answer Question

After taking to another intern, I came to understand that this position isn't really what I was looking for and I wouldn't want to work full-time for them, unless I was desperately trying to gain experience. The location is also not attractive to me, and they don't cover housing.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a brief on campus interview (about half an hour or so), followed by an on site visit with 3 interviews and a tour of the facilities. Everyone was very friendly and the town had it's own community. The internship was very hands on and you would learn on the job so it seemed like they were primarily judging the culture fit

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kohler (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiters at career fair. Top 10 applicants were invited to a group dinner with other applicants and current employees. Dinner was quite casual. Involved discussing interests, hobbies, previous experiences, and what we hope to get out of our internship experience. Out of the 10, 2 people were offered positions and accepted. Offers were given the morning after the dinner. They placed much emphasis on applicants ability to work in a team and social skills. They strongly believe that technical skills can be learned at the job. Interest in the position and strong desire to excel is beneficial.

Interview Questions

• One team you could potentially work with is ____. Is that something you'd be interested in and feel prepared for?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohler.

Interview

Two days after applying, I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. That consisted of 7 behavioral questions with follow ups. A couple days later I was emailed a Caliper behavioral/logic/sequence test. A week after that I was called and told someone would call me the following week to set up an in-person interview. That week came and another person called to say they didn't forget about me and would interview next week. Two weeks went by. I took another job with another company who got the same process done within two weeks, not 2 months + It's not wise to string potential candidates along. You may not be the only company you are interested in.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

It took this company nine months and five interviews to hire me. Lengthy, detailed, and cumbersome interview process that included so many elements and tests that it is a miracle anyone gets hired at all. The company seems fearful to hire the wrong applicant and spends a great deal of time and money interviewing and testing, only to hire you into the organization and, in my experience, ignore your talents.