Kohler Interview Questions in Sheboygan, WI | Glassdoor

2.9

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a senior design engineer for Kohler Engines who would be my direct supervisor. Interview started with the standard interview questions, then turned into more of a conversation about his job, Kohler, and what I would be doing if hired. Very pleasant interview and overall experience.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

First, the job description didn't match what any of the 3-4 hiring members/interview panelists talked about in the phone screenings and on-site interview. I was given at least 4 different run downs on what the position was and what they were looking for. Going into the on-site interview, I already had a bad vibe seeing as the hiring boss gave me several accounts on what the job position actually did, each one a different description, so I felt that I didn't fit what they wanted a candidate's exact background to be (but it was vague and I was open-minded with broad experience the degrees required). I didn't feel that the job description was written up to fit actual working employees, since some of the words/terms were unfamiliar to me, and I was experienced in that particular field. Second, the HR girl sent me what she called a personality test, when in reality, it was an IQ assessment that took hours to complete. Even my STEM engineer/math friends saw the type of questions and agreed it was very tough. Why is this test necessary for a job that does not consist of designing/engineering, etc.? Funny also because there is no whay this HR bimbo passed, considering she can't write 'you're/your' correctly and didn't even have my interview date correct in the itinerary email. I had 2 phone screenings before being invited to interview in WI.

The on-site interview was bizarre and disappointing. The facilities don't look like a typical corporate setting. It's a mishmash of random factory buildings stuck on flat land with one contemporary building. I met the immediate supervisor who took me to the room where the job takes place. It was literally UNDER the blue-collar factory building! In a dungeon! That "interview" was nothing more than a tour that concluded with me watching a Youtube video of a Kohler SNL skit and she asked me 2-3 questions as we awaited the campus shuttle. This the 'main' "interview." The other "interviewers" were nothing more than 3 HR people, one wearing a leather Harley jacket as she assessed me, and two girls maybe 22 or 23. Naturally, when I asked what person they were looking for in the role, I was given yet ANOTHER different account. Several times I was told they wanted a team player, but during the final interview, it was suddenly someone who would/could work independently rather than as a team. Most of the questions were behavior-oriented. It was clear the search "committee" had no idea what background/candidate they were searching for. The original posting was vague and about 180 degrees off what they told me the job was. I was front up with my skills/prior jobs the entire process and yet they wasted my time. I'm glad I wasn't offered the job. The facilities were sub pa, unattractive, and remote. Oh, and if you don't say you LOVE the Packers, the Hiring people may not even consider you. No joke. I was asked this casually, but it was clear my 'yes' or 'no' answer was being judged.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a company, Why do you want the job, Walk me thru your resume, Describe a time when you failed at a project, Rate how laid-back you are, Describe your perfect boss.   Answer Question

Golf Course Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Very friendly and helpful. Strait to the point questions and detailed job responsibilities. Took a tour of the facilities and grounds. Pointed out job duties and equipment to be used, hours etc.

Interview Questions

• Does this seem to be something that you are interested in?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Sheboygan, WI).

Interview

Contacted the rec. from Linkedin. My profile was an similar match to something specific to what they were looking for. After thr Hr screening, there was a technical screening. Pretty in-depth about what I do at my job. They called me onsite immediately.

They booked my tickets and hotel, I had 3 interviews and 1 HR interview. A lot of job specific questions.

Was offered the job next week.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kohler (Sheboygan, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

Nothing out of the ordinary, but quite intensive starting with an over view of the position and moving on to a self explanation of your resume. Questions that followed were not out of the ordinary.

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

First interview was a conference call with 3-4 people. I was a bit nervous for this and felt like I did alright. They asked a lot of personality/theoretical questions. Second interview was in person and I felt more positive about it but still didn't expect much. Went through my work history/school then asked a lot of questions about work ethics/communication. Ended the interview with more technical questions that I wasn't necessarily prepared for, so I just admitted to not knowing much about the topic and expressed interest in learning more. Overall, everyone was very nice and the process only took 3-4 weeks from first interview to second interview to start day.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume.   1 Answer

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

This was quite probably the most screwed up interview process I've EVER been though; and I've been through many.

I applied for a job called "Digital Marketing Director". Suddenly, a new posting went up for a "Manager of Digital Marketing and Ecommerce", which the senior recruiter called me about. I asked her about the other job, and she said it was the same job, they just changed the title. I found out later (from another employee) that was a complete LIE.

Kohler's hiring process is a disaster. They had me do multiple phone interviews, 5 interviews on-site (a 3 hour drive), multiple online tests, and finally a psych test that I had to drive 2 hours to Milwaukee for. After passing all the tests "with flying colors", according to the recruiter, I waited...and waited....and waited....to this day, they've never had the common courtesy to let me know what's going on. It's been six months. Obviously, I would not go there now, even though they're in my hometown!

Interview Questions

• The questions I was asked were not out of the ordinary. But the entire process is a complete disaster, very time-consuming...you jump through hoops and they're very, very inconsiderate, and then they leave you hanging.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer, Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Sheboygan, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Nothing to say much as I don't like the lack of communication and clarity of the interview process. Contacted by a recruiter and had a great interview(Recruiter, Phone screen with the hiring manager and group director, Onsite ) but they kept me hanging(without much communication) for almost 2 months, before moving ahead with another candidate. I don't mind not getting the offer but there was lack of clear and honest communication, on their part, which was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions and Engineering problem solving questions/ Psycho-Analytical test(waste of time...they do not use any info)   Answer Question

Materials Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview. HR called me for an initial phone screen. Very standard questions - mostly behavioral. The interviewer was nice and most at a fast pace. They asked why Kohler etc.

Senior Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Phone call with HR: Basic question and screening. 2. Technical interview: interview with the manager, he explained he role and also asked technical question (Capability, some example from the past, FMEA, etc.). 3. On site interview: 3 interviews that day -> one with HR and my colleagues, then a lunch with one of the managers (he interviewed me during the lunch), the final interview was with the top manager (technical questions only)

Interview Questions

• Difference between Cp and Cpk   Answer Question
    • What are the steps of a Gage R&R analysis   1 Answer
    • If you were auditing a supplier and you don't have an audit to follow, what would you check? Where would you start?   Answer Question

Basically they were offering much less than other companies. If you want an engineer with a Master and a Green Belt you have to pay more than a entry level salary. Other than that the company culture looks good, and benefits look good also.