Kohler Interview Questions in Sheboygan, WI | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.9

Staff Engineer, Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Sheboygan, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Nothing to say much as I don't like the lack of communication and clarity of the interview process. Contacted by a recruiter and had a great interview(Recruiter, Phone screen with the hiring manager and group director, Onsite ) but they kept me hanging(without much communication) for almost 2 months, before moving ahead with another candidate. I don't mind not getting the offer but there was lack of clear and honest communication, on their part, which was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions and Engineering problem solving questions/ Psycho-Analytical test(waste of time...they do not use any info)   Answer Question

Materials Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview. HR called me for an initial phone screen. Very standard questions - mostly behavioral. The interviewer was nice and most at a fast pace. They asked why Kohler etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were on a group project?   Answer Question

Senior Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Phone call with HR: Basic question and screening. 2. Technical interview: interview with the manager, he explained he role and also asked technical question (Capability, some example from the past, FMEA, etc.). 3. On site interview: 3 interviews that day -> one with HR and my colleagues, then a lunch with one of the managers (he interviewed me during the lunch), the final interview was with the top manager (technical questions only)

Interview Questions

• Difference between Cp and Cpk   Answer Question
    • What are the steps of a Gage R&R analysis   1 Answer
    • If you were auditing a supplier and you don't have an audit to follow, what would you check? Where would you start?   Answer Question

Basically they were offering much less than other companies. If you want an engineer with a Master and a Green Belt you have to pay more than a entry level salary. Other than that the company culture looks good, and benefits look good also.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

Preliminary phone interview followed by an on-site interview. On-site interview involves multiple sessions with various members of the packaging engineering team. The interview process began at 8:00AM and ended at 2:00PM with a group lunch break.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

It's a long and tedious process. There are several gaps in the process without updates on the status. The recruiters were good in follow up once you inquired. You prescreen with a recruiter, take a Caliper assessment, phone screen with hiring manager, onsite panel interview, wait several weeks for feedback.

Interview Questions

• Behavior/situational based interview questions. Tell me about a time when.....   Answer Question

Low salary 50% of market that includes bonus

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

After an initial phone screen, I was invited to the Kohler campus for a series of meetings with ten other associates. I sent separate 'thank you' e-mails to each interviewer.

I was then asked to meet with an Industrial Psychologist in Milwaukee where I took some additional skill tests.

After several attempts to follow up on the status of the position, I gave up. I couldn't believe that a company with their global brand recognition would treat a potential employee with such little respect.

Don't believe what you read on their website regarding employees. It's nothing more than lip service.

Maintenance Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

First interview with recruiting manager, then take three test( math, reading, and mechanic test) must pass with 70 or better to be considered for position. Next interview with maintenance manager and take a tour throughout the plant/ dept you will be working in. If offered the job you then have to take a physical exam, drug screen, and background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Interviewed with a couple people in person and over the phone. The process was friendly and everything took place pretty quickly. Pretty easy interviewing process in comparison to others that I have been involved in. This is a large company so the process would likely be different depending on the business unit and department that is doing the interviewing.

Engineering Analyst - Technical Communicator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

From the time I was asked to fill out the application by a recruiter to the actual onsite interview close to 2 months have passed. I had 2 phone interviews, took an online exam and then attended a 6 hour interview with 5 people and took a written test. All the people were very pleasant with the exception of 1 person. She was not engaged in the interview and seemed very uninterested and as if her mind was made up. She proceed to say "I know its illegal to ask but are you married?" This is where my mind was made up that I would not be taking an offer from this company. They have a history laced with hiring discrimination and it is clear that they don't take it seriously. If you know a question is illegal and you know better...why ask?

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kohler, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kohler (Kohler, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a brief on campus interview (about half an hour or so), followed by an on site visit with 3 interviews and a tour of the facilities. Everyone was very friendly and the town had it's own community. The internship was very hands on and you would learn on the job so it seemed like they were primarily judging the culture fit