Kongsberg Maritime Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kongsberg Maritime Interview Questions

Electrical Engineering Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kongsberg Maritime.

Interview

I met with Kongsberg at a career fair for my school, and had an on campus interview not long after. I was expecting a much more thorough interview, however, they asked me some odd questions that I didn't feel really showed who I am. Essentially, I feel the questions were not very informative for them.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kongsberg Maritime.

Interview

Setup meeting via phone with HR. Interviewed with the 4 department heads to see which was more suitable for my goals/expertise. Smooth process overall, very laid back environment. There was a second interview where the would tender an offer from whichever department fits.

Interview Questions

• There were not many unexpected questions. The weirdest question was did I consider myself a desk jockey or cowboy?   Answer Question

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kongsberg Maritime (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2014.

Interview

Talked with the Interim GM about responsibilities, experience, and management style.
    What do you hope to do to increase?
    How can you make a difference as the head of the organization? the efficiency of the Operations organization?

Interview Questions

• How can you make a difference as the head of the organization?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Rose, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kongsberg Maritime (Saint Rose, LA) in April 2014.

Interview

Engineering Physics majors at my university are required to have a internship summer of junior year. There was a spring career fair and I and another classmate went. Our professor was there, he walked around with us suggesting places we should leave our resumes. Kongsberg was one. To be truthful, I didn't feel my resume was that close of a match for their company. However, I received an email during spring break, saying they would like to schedule an interview in the next 2 weeks, and asked me to provide them with some days and times that would work for me. They were very prompt in getting back to me. The office is actually a little outside of New Orleans, but not too far. They said to allow about 2 hours, as testing was involved. There was a short interview with one person at the beginning, then an electrical circuit test, then a test that involved debugging some code. Not excessively difficult, I think I did fine, though they did not tell me my score, however I at least made their minimum cutoff, so there was longer interview next. i had of course done the company research, however they didn't make clear what the internship was until after the testing and it was not an area I had considered working in, so I suspect my answers weren't what they were looking fore. One of my classmates also received an interview request, it was an area he was interested in exploring and he will be interning there this summer. One graduating senior also interviewed that same work for a full-time permanent position, so it does appear they like local graduates.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   1 Answer

Dynamic Positioning Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Rose, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kongsberg Maritime (Saint Rose, LA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview started out with standard work questions being asked by a panel of three Kongsberg employees. There was then a 20 minute test with some electrical and mathematical questions. After the test, there was a tour of their facility.

Interview Questions

• Q: Would you be able to handle the pressure of fixing a vessel's software while the captain is breathing down your neck?   Answer Question
    • Q: Can you see yourself working here 5 years in the future?   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Rose, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kongsberg Maritime (Saint Rose, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

In call interview at first them I flew to the main office for a in person interview. They explained what was the job about and how the company works. Them they took me to lunch. After lunch they gave me a test with 10 questions about electrical stuff. they call me later with a job offer and I accepted.

Systems Engineer, Dynamic Positioning Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kongsberg Maritime.

Interview

Met recruiters at Career fair at my school. I then interviewed with them the following day for around 45 minutes. I was then invited to an onsite interview in New Orleans for a day-long interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

IT Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kongsberg Maritime (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

First round was grammar and technical test. Later Operations round. After a month client discussion round. Collected photo, payslip and educational certificates copy. After a sent an email stating not selected... When a person has spend so much time for the interview at least expect a feedback.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kongsberg Maritime (Oslo (Norway)) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two interviews, the first one with department manager discussing personality and thoughts. The second interview was with line managers and included a walkthrough of the facilitiy. This interview was more about KM and technical aspects regarding the job. Overall a nice process without any HR person asking "irrelevant" questions, but more of a discussion with the responsible managers.

Senior Purchaser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kongsberg (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kongsberg Maritime (Kongsberg (Norway)) in May 2012.

Interview

One phone interview and two interviews on site. On interview lasting 6 hours. Need to talk about your experience and how your strategic achievements. Important what kind of company you have had working experiences in. Well known international company makes it much easier.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty straight forward but the most difficult is always the one "which are your strengths and weaknesses and then elaborate on this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As I needed to commute from Sweden <i had to negotiate free housing and travel during week days, This was the most tricky,