Kool Smiles Associate Dentist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kool Smiles Associate Dentist Interview Questions

2.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Dentist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kool Smiles.

Interview

It was an easy process, but very regimented. They are very thorough have a lot of corporate paperwork to get through to vet candidates. This is a good thing considering they deal with heal care for children.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kool Smiles

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kool Smiles (Smyrna, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

I met an Area Director dentist at her office (a clinic) for the interview. She was at least 30 minutes late. She was very laid back and asked some general questions about dentistry and pediatric dentistry. It was very pleasant and low stress. However. Credentialing took 4 months and they do not let you start work until credentialing completed which they said would take 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Can you prep for a stainless steel crown?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kool Smiles (Norfolk, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

submitted application online, got phone call in one day and flew out the next week for face to face interview. met with one dr during the interview.

Interview Questions

• no difficult/unexpected questions. very ordinary interview. took a "written test" with xrays, but not weighted heavily   Answer Question

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate and got an increase in their initial offer

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kool Smiles (Lubbock, TX) in August 2008.

Interview

I was recruited based on an employee referral; someone who had worked with me previously. I was treated with respect and the company showed genuine interest not just in finding out if they would be happy with me, but encouraging me to determine if I would be happy with them. I would recommend a candidate research the company well to make sure they will be a good match, make sure all offers are in writing, and have a legal review of your employment agreement prior to accepting. These are good best practices.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about experiences you have had in managing difficult patient, parent and staff situations.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about difficulties/challenges you have had...   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate benefits, hours and salary effectively. Make sure you know what you would like to have and make sure your requests are realistic.

Associate Dentist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kool Smiles in January 2010.

Interview

it was short and quick. just trying to feel each other out and see if the company was a good match for me. The interviewer was pleasant and seemed honest.

Kool smiles is focused mainly on kid and teenagers. There wont be many crowns or rpds done here, esp Stainless steel crowns. The major pro is the compensation the company can offer a new grad. The salary alone is hard to beat, making this a very tempting offer for the indebted newly grad.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a career with kool smiles?   Answer Question
    • Can you see yourself working with kids and seeing a high load (but low stress) number of patients per day?   Answer Question

I choose to decline because I was to improve my fixed & removable prosth skills and I know that kool smile is mainly a pedo group practice. Its just been hard to find decent paying jobs in the area that I want so I had to consider this company and hear what they had to offer.