Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

2.8

CHIEF MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andheri (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance (Andheri (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

3 rounds for selection n process was very clear sound it was very positive all line managers are very soft spoken n very skilled in sales...I like their interview process

Interview Questions

• How you build partners under you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance (Kolkata (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Not satisfied.
    1:1 interview .
    very unprofessional walk-in- process.
    They asked me to say something about myself but Interviewer does not bother whether you know anything or not all they want to know. " can you do the job or not?" they describes the job in detail but not in a direct way so sometimes one can get misguided by this.

Accounts Operations Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance (Mumbai (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional walk-in interview process.

Vacancy was posted on Naukri.com & candidates were asked to attend interviews between 11am to 5pm at Infinity park, Goregaon(E), Mumbai office of Kotal Life Insurance, carrying only resume.

At the venue:-

Security at reception noted down the names of the candidate. Post which, there was no briefing about the process nor any application forms to be filled. Candidates were just made to sit outside with no proper facilities to accommodate large no. of people.

Candidates were called inside the office in batches of 10-12 nos. on first-come-first basis - this activity started at around 12.00..12.30pm (pls note candidates who arrived on-time were waiting for 1 hour already with no touch-base with HR). Due to this delay, pile of candidates were pouring in & waiting outside.

No facility of drinking water, no adequate place to accommodate walk-in candidates, no place to sit large no. of people which made the candidates stand for hours, No facility or directions for washrooms.

Surprisingly, candidates who were called inside in batches, again had to sit in a waiting area inside the office; still having no idea about the interview process.

Kotak employees including HR were happily taking lunch and tea breaks, but no-one bothered to brief the candidates whether they can have lunch during office lunch time.

At around 4pm, candidates who had arrived between 12-1pm were still unattended, waiting outside, still with no idea about the interview process. I could then see some of the candidates leaving the premises.

HR didn't even bothered to talk to the candidates, such was the bad state of the interview process.

If such was the first experience of the candidates who attended Kotak interview on 2nd June 2016, i can't imagine how this company or the HR must be valuing & treating its employees.

Consultant Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

Fake Job interview... They actually want you to become their agents. Cheating with candidates. I got an interview call for joining the company as a consultant trainer...when I went their they explained me the profile of a trainer and told me that I will get a fixed salary. Also I have to clear an exam of IRDA to join the company. Exam fees they charged RS 1000. Later when they called me for documentation... They revealed that I have to act as an agent and sell policies and my salary will be variable depending on policies I sell. If I disagree they earn the 1000 rs I had paid for the exam.

The job itself was fake

CHIEF MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance (Mumbai (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was good.Two rounds one with AVP/Line Manager snd second round with VP of the department.Overall the process took around 18 Days.The HR is very hard negotiater...Will try to take you on a low package and have to be very clear with the demands..HR will try to make a fool and will very cleverly cut the salaries...You have to be a tough...The negotiation round is tougher than the overall round if you have a good domain experience

Interview Questions

• Only questions related to current profile and how will the other company benefit from the previous experience   Answer Question
    • The HR is very hard negioter...Will try to take you on a low package and be very clear with the demands..HR will try to make a fool and will very cleverly cut the salaries...You have to be a tough   Answer Question

Interview

Two rounds of interview. One with the supervisor and one with the head of department. Basic questions and usually ask about the job in the earlier company. They asked a bit about the eCommerce Industry and the salary expectations. Technical details about the Insurance Industry and the competitive products available in the market.

Management Role Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance.

Interview

Full process. first they took tests then they took group discussions on amazing topics. all were good at it. then came the Personal Interviews where a panel of people sat to ask you questions

Interview Questions

• Technical related to your work exp. they asked so many questions. Tell us something about urself, what does your family do, what do u do, why kotak, ur interests, strengths, weekness, then about insurance business what you know etc etc   1 Answer

Recruitment Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance (Kolkata (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

The Chief Manager interviewed me. He enquired about me and was keen to know whether I have any experience. He also asked me whether I would prefer the job. He informed me that if I was selected then he would inform me. After four days I was informed that I was selected and I joined from that day.

Interview Questions

• They asked me whether I have any experience   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance.

Interview

I went through a walk-in. First round was of general HR to get to know the candidate. This HR mixed up my application for Senior manager position instead of assistant manager. The second round was taken assuming my candidature for senior manager position which required 2-3 years' of experience which I didn't have and hence didn't qualify. Then upon confronting about the mix-up, I was told ' This is it, you may leave'. The HR's seemed absolutely dazed and completely irresponsible with no experience of handling candidates for interviews at all. They themselves didn't have communication skills.

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance.

Interview

3 rounds ,one by reporting manager, VP Telesales. and last by hr.
    15 of us went for the interview , 7 were shortlisted after one full day of GD and interview by the Location Head of Kolkata.
    Next was interview with VP Telesales , this was screwing.
    last was HR .

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding failures in life , wrong decisions taken and why...................what is the risk and whether it is necessary to take risks in life ? If yes then why?.........Why insurance?   1 Answer