Koto Japanese Steak House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Koto Japanese Steak House

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Koto Japanese Steak House (Groton, CT) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied in person at the restaurant
    typical application form
    a week later, called by phone to stop by to pick up a menu to study it
    took a writing test: fill in the blank, matching
    took computer test
    hired

Interview Questions

• asked to mention different beers and wine, and my menu back then did not have beer and wine list, and I only had a few seconds to glance at the beers and wines.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Koto Japanese Steak House (Syracuse, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

One-page written application. The manager selected my app based on my neat handwriting, she later told me. She called me for an interview a few months after I originally applied, and I waited a week after the interview to hear back from anyone. Koto does actually check your references (last two jobs you worked) before officially hiring you. The interview itself was simple, manager was surprised that I actually came "dressed professionally" (?). I was wearing a knee length skirt, panty hose, flats and a blouse. Beware that if you are hired there is a 60-day "at will" employment period where they can choose to fire you at any time, for absolutely no reason. I have seen this happen multiple times.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you had to deal with in your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be mindful of the 60 day probationary period. Don't get too cozy with your co-workers, they can use your words against you. The Koto menu is extensive and the Hibachi chefs speak poor English. The learning curve is steep, but if you can "catch on" quickly you will have yourself a decent job with good tips.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Koto Japanese Steak House (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very simple and easy. Was very informal and asked what days I can work and if I've hosted before. They called me back within the next couple days and told me I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you hosted before?
      How long have you worked in a restaurant?
      What days are you available?   Answer Question