Koto Japanese Steak House Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Koto Japanese Steak House

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Koto Japanese Steak House (Syracuse, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

One-page written application. The manager selected my app based on my neat handwriting, she later told me. She called me for an interview a few months after I originally applied, and I waited a week after the interview to hear back from anyone. Koto does actually check your references (last two jobs you worked) before officially hiring you. The interview itself was simple, manager was surprised that I actually came "dressed professionally" (?). I was wearing a knee length skirt, panty hose, flats and a blouse. Beware that if you are hired there is a 60-day "at will" employment period where they can choose to fire you at any time, for absolutely no reason. I have seen this happen multiple times.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you had to deal with in your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be mindful of the 60 day probationary period. Don't get too cozy with your co-workers, they can use your words against you. The Koto menu is extensive and the Hibachi chefs speak poor English. The learning curve is steep, but if you can "catch on" quickly you will have yourself a decent job with good tips.