Kowa Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kowa Pharmaceuticals

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kowa Pharmaceuticals (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

First two interviews were friendly phone interviews. I had a great first impression of Kowa.
    The third interview was in person. Although I did not get this job, it was a good overall experience. Top notch people at the regional level.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kowa Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Had to take a 4 hour essay exam to get through the first stage of interview process. Several phone interviews. Then one on one. Then meeting with the Regional. Training is a few weeks long after 2 week home study. Need to know your clinical data. Experience is a positive

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kowa Pharmaceuticals (Detroit, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I had no phone screen. Applied on-line via Indeed.com. I interviewed face-to-face with a panel that included the Regional Sales Manager AND the District Manager. No follow-up interview was required. Received an offer within 7 days. Hiring involved application, drug screen, background check, driving record check.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Would NOT negotiate on salary OR vacation time.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kowa Pharmaceuticals (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

The process seemed a bit disjointed. I was contacted by two different people with an initial screening call. I was not then contacted again for a few weeks with a request for a local face to face the following day.

The local face to face was very laid back and conversational. The DM told me that each person had his/her own style of interviewing and her style was more about team chemistry. Her biggest concern was "will this candidate work well with my existing team". After a nearly 2hour interview I was invited to a 3rd interview with the regional manager present.

The 3rd interview was more structured. Have a 30 60 90 plan handy. You may or may not need it.

Interview Questions

• Product detail. I was given three detail pieces that I'd never see before and given 5 minutes to study it. I was expected to do a 2 minute detail highlighting each piece. So please be prepared to detail the products and know the clinical studies before the interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kowa Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen with Regional Mgr, 2 face to face interviews with 2 District Mgrs. We discussed qualities that made me successful, overview of resume, my specific experience in the geography, how I would handle selling product with poor managed care coverage, etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked many questions about my former successes and wanted documentation from my whole pharma career so be prepared with thorough brag book.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kowa Pharmaceuticals (McKinney, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

Was a short 45 minute standard interview. They were mostly concerned about past sales experience, they did not seem to care about pharmaceutical knowledge. Pretty basic questions, the format was over the phone so it was not very personal. I tried talking about the products and pharmaceuticals they offered so they get a better understanding of my knowledge, but they did not seem to care. The interviewer said they hire sales people, and "you can either sell or you can't", I guess my knowledge of pharmaceuticals was not enough.