Kraft Heinz Company Associate Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kraft Heinz Company Associate Brand Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Kraft Heinz Company

3.3

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company in April 2018.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter. She was incredibly rude, aggressive and interrupted at every moment. She was very rushed too. While the interview did not move past the phone interview, Expect this type of behavior because this seems to be emblematic of the culture.

Interview Questions

• - Why this company & role?
    - Why Chicago?
    - Tell me a time when you.. (analyzed data, found a consumer insight, worked with a cross-functional team, led a team, gained buy-in, influenced someone/project, etc.)
    - What would you do with a spreadsheet? (yes, they seriously asked this. They are looking for what excel functions you know which is very stupid because you could easily learn this on the job)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kraft Heinz Company

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

Step 1 - HR reached out to me to setup an interview. He asked mostly behavioral questions.
    Step 2 - was with a Sr/Brand Manager. She asked mostly case questions along with what my opinions were about the food an beverage industry.
    Step 3 - I was flown out an meet with a wide team of people. First was with a Brand Manager, then HR, then the same Sr/Brand Manager, the last interview was with an Associate Director of Marketing.

Interview Questions

• Whats your biggest risk within your career?   2 Answers
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   Answer Question
    • Name a food and beverage product that is performing well in the market.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company (Glenview, IL) in February 2008.

Interview

I interviewed for the summer ABM position while in business school. The process was very structured - you applied online and then the recruiting team selected people for their "close" list. Interviews were on campus. First round interviews were in the morning; they would call candidates that made it to the final round during lunch and final rounds occurred in the afternoon. Offers were made the following week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company (Madison, WI) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with two current Associate Brand Managers. Walked them through my resume, discussed current position. Behavioral based questions, preferred STAR method. Marketing case questions: proposed business idea with $250,000 capital investment. Marketing plan for said business. Questions about profits, revenues, marketing expenditures with said business. Why Kraft? Why this position? Ended with questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Say I'm a venture capitalist, giving you $250,000. What business proposal would you like to see on THIS specific campus and why? Further, how would you market said business and how would you compete with existing businesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company (Ewing, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview/screen with the recruiter. She sent my information on to the hiring manager in NJ who set up a phone interview with a Marketing Manager. Phone interview took about 1 hour and was mostly behavioral with one case question. The case question was basically....Imagine you are an ABM for the Chips Ahoy brand. You notice sales/revenue is increasing but your total share of the cookie market is decreasing. How would you explain this apparent contradiction? I think I did okay on the behavioral questions but I bombed this case question.

Interview Questions

• You are an ABM for Chips Ahoy. You notice that sales/revenue is up 5% compared to last year but your total share of the cookie category has declined 5%. How do you explain this apparent contradiction?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the most driest, monotone man ever. Interview started off with me walking the brand director through my resume. He immediately started to ask me very specific marketing questions with several follow up questions for each.

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand manager, would you consider moving into private label?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company.

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interviews:
    1) Phone screening with HR
    2) MBA conference interview with 2 brand managers
    3) All day session in offices: 4 interviews (1 hour long each, 2 brand managers each) and 1 lunch with an ABM.

Was presented with an offer several days later.

Interview Questions

• Presented with a print ad and asked to explain target, insights and key message   Answer Question
    • You are a car dealer with a lot full of purple cars. No one is buying purple cars anymore. what do you do?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a brand that you think is marketed well. And one that is poorly marketed?   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process was very formal with very little surprises along the way. They basically followed their interview deck that was provided prior to the interview. Make sure you go through the whole deck to find all the questions that you will be asked. Also, make sure to have enough stories that provided evidence of your experience level with regard to leadership, analytics, problem solving, etc. Finally, don't be overwhelmed by the case questions. There is no right answer. They just want to see how you think. Take your time and make sure it is organized

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was fairly typical. I had a phone interview with the HR person who asked a lot of the standard questions about why you are looking for a new role and your experience. I was then invited in for their "Interview Blitz" day where I met with 3 Marketing Directors, each for 30 minutes who asked me behavioral questions and questions about my work history. I was then called back in for a final interview with 3 more employees (2 BMs and a Director) for the Food Service side of the business where I would have been working. Each of those was 45 minutes about my background and behavioral questions. I received an email the following week that I was not chosen for the position.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company in June 2011.

Interview

I interviewed through my MBA program and it was a typical interview with walking through your resume, situational interview questions and ended with talking about different marketing campaigns that you thought were running well and what you would do differently, and also the brands you're most interested in the company.