Kraft Heinz Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kraft Heinz Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone call followed by an in person interview. Very professional. The in person interview had two thirty minute one on one sessions. The company sent two recruiters who seemed to really understand the needs of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume at an on-campus career fair and was encouraged to submit my application online. Was invited to take a series of IQ and personality tests and then had a short phone interview. The interviewer seemed really uninterested in what I was saying and was a bit rude throughout the call. Was not surprised when I was not invited for an on-campus interview.

Business Development Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company in October 2016.

Interview

The interviews were all very fast paced and upbeat. There were three rounds of interviews in total the first one was a 15 minute phone interview with someone from their University Recruiter team. She was very insightful and very helpful. The second interview was with a member of their HR team. It was another phone interview, this time lasting 30 minutes and very straightforward and a lot more serious than the first one. The final interview is when they fly you out to their headquarters in Chicago.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me for a phone interview within a few days. After that I was assigned an in person interview. All very quick- all behavioral questions. Some weird questions that would throw a person off.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a risky decision in a split second?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was for a new position that was located in New Jersey and it was with four of their managers. Two managers that were suppose to be there either left or did not show up so, they had two other manager fill in. Each Candidate had 30 minutes of time with each manager. I was contacted by a recruiter firm and first had a phone interview then the face to face interview. I was told that I should hear something within a week to a week in a half and it has been almost a month and still have not heard anything either way. I sent a few emails to the recruiting firm and haven't heard anything back from them either.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to use selling tools to achieve the sale?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter from a third party agency informing me that his client (that he could not disclose right away but turned out to be Kraft Heinz) was looking to fill a number of sales roles due to the fact that they used to outsource their salesforce and were now looking to develop their own. Even though I was contacted for the interview in October, I was told that the job would not start until January, yet the company was still surprisingly inflexible and required me to interview in person within a week of the initial phone screening, which was a major hassle for me seeing as I am already employed and cannot just take off from work at the last minute or cram an entire 2-3 hour interview into my day. I ended up attempting to do the latter and at the end of the day, I truly regretted it. I have interviewed with a good number of companies and I can confidently say that Kraft Heinz has hands down one of the worst company cultures that I have been exposed to! There are a lot of negative reviews out there from former Kraft and Heinz employees who have been laid off that I initially thought were just the result of bitterness, but after meeting with company representatives firsthand, I can now clearly see that there was at least some truth to all of these negative comments. You can truly see the negative impact on the company culture resulting from the merger orchestrated by BG Capital. I had already interviewed with Kraft years back when I was in college and although I did not receive an offer, the representatives who I met with were generally pleasant to be around and seemed passionate about both their company and their brands. This time around, the interviewers (4 separate 1-on-1 interviews) seemed somewhat cold and were looking for a very specific personality type, which I figured out early on was clearly not mine. A specific example being when I was telling one of the interviewers about how I think experience is the good teacher and he condescendingly stated that he disagrees with me and that hard work is a much better teacher when in reality hard work can be considered a type of experience. That in addition to being interrupted when I was speaking multiple times firmly set the tone for me on how the interview process would pan out. The influence of BG Capital has essentially sucked all of the passion and excitement out of the company and forced its associates to think in a more black-and-white manner, only focusing on data and analytics so that BG Capital can squeeze as much profit out of the company as possible before moving on to their next major investment. On the positive side, the company does pay well compared to the rest of the industry, but at the same time, it is not a good long term fit for most people in my opinion. Overall, it seems like a decent place for someone fresh out of college or with 1-2 year of work experience to build up their resume but anything beyond that is not worth putting up with their abysmal company culture.

Interview Questions

• You are provided a graph with sales number by month for a specific product and asked to give a possible explanation for why the sales were significantly lower during a particular month.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company in October 2016.

Interview

Over the phone - did not meet in person until my first day of employment. Went very well and was more of a professional conversation than an interview. Very much enjoyed the process!

Interview Questions

• Excel Background skills and previous employment and what kind of worker I am   Answer Question

Customer Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I had two phone interviews and was invited for an in-person interview. I met with two people in the department. I was called by the recruiter a week later saying that they want to offer me the job, but the company was put on a hiring freeze. I reached back out a week later, and they said they had not lifted it yet, but they would be in touch. Never heard back after sending several follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions related to technical experience and ability to work in a chaotic environment.   Answer Question

Human Resources Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

there appears to be a significant amount of uncertainty there which came through in the interview questions and in the variation in how each individual explained the environment to me.

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university career portal. I went through the personality assessment and then the phone screen. The recruiter was very friendly and seemed to be looking for an equally outgoing candidate. The entire process was very quick and they gave me timely responses at each stage of the process. I usually got notifications the next business day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Kraft-Heinz?
      Why do you want to work for Kraft-Heinz?
      How would you rate your excel skills on a scale of 1-10?
      Tell me about a time that you had to take the initiative and lead.
      Answer Question