Kraft Heinz Company Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kraft Heinz Company Sales Associate Interview Questions

3.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a recruiter from a third party agency informing me that his client (that he could not disclose right away but turned out to be Kraft Heinz) was looking to fill a number of sales roles due to the fact that they used to outsource their salesforce and were now looking to develop their own. Even though I was contacted for the interview in October, I was told that the job would not start until January, yet the company was still surprisingly inflexible and required me to interview in person within a week of the initial phone screening, which was a major hassle for me seeing as I am already employed and cannot just take off from work at the last minute or cram an entire 2-3 hour interview into my day. I ended up attempting to do the latter and at the end of the day, I truly regretted it. I have interviewed with a good number of companies and I can confidently say that Kraft Heinz has hands down one of the worst company cultures that I have been exposed to! There are a lot of negative reviews out there from former Kraft and Heinz employees who have been laid off that I initially thought were just the result of bitterness, but after meeting with company representatives firsthand, I can now clearly see that there was at least some truth to all of these negative comments. You can truly see the negative impact on the company culture resulting from the merger orchestrated by BG Capital. I had already interviewed with Kraft years back when I was in college and although I did not receive an offer, the representatives who I met with were generally pleasant to be around and seemed passionate about both their company and their brands. This time around, the interviewers (4 separate 1-on-1 interviews) seemed somewhat cold and were looking for a very specific personality type, which I figured out early on was clearly not mine. A specific example being when I was telling one of the interviewers about how I think experience is the good teacher and he condescendingly stated that he disagrees with me and that hard work is a much better teacher when in reality hard work can be considered a type of experience. That in addition to being interrupted when I was speaking multiple times firmly set the tone for me on how the interview process would pan out. The influence of BG Capital has essentially sucked all of the passion and excitement out of the company and forced its associates to think in a more black-and-white manner, only focusing on data and analytics so that BG Capital can squeeze as much profit out of the company as possible before moving on to their next major investment. On the positive side, the company does pay well compared to the rest of the industry, but at the same time, it is not a good long term fit for most people in my opinion. Overall, it seems like a decent place for someone fresh out of college or with 1-2 year of work experience to build up their resume but anything beyond that is not worth putting up with their abysmal company culture.

Interview Questions

• You are provided a graph with sales number by month for a specific product and asked to give a possible explanation for why the sales were significantly lower during a particular month.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kraft Heinz Company

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and kept in contact with her. A few weeks after the career fair I went on a ride along with a current sales associate where I was able to see what the day to day responsibilities of an associate would be. I thought the ride along went really well, the sales associate answered any questions I had, and was able to ease some of my hesitance towards the job. A few weeks after the ride along I was contacted for a formal interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes to an hour where I was interviewed by a panel. The questions were typical interview questions and I heard back from them with an offer in two days.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you demonstrated leadership?   Answer Question

I accepted an offer from a different company.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company in February 2011.

Interview

Was referred from an employee and consisted of a 1:1 interview and a ride along with a Sales Rep. Was asked situational / behavioral questions, background check, overall nice interview. My advice would be to look up the history and background of Kraft and to think of specific instances to talk about during the situational questioning.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a difficult decision to make.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company in February 2011.

Interview

The process was challenging. i had to go through a lot

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kraft Heinz Company in November 2010.

Interview

The interviews were fairly simple, straight-forward, and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to approach an unforeseen conflict? Were you successful?   Answer Question