Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Aeronautical Sciences Engineer, CEi Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (Roseville, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Long story short: Bait and Switch. Recruiter tries to poach me, get offer but for lower grade than advertised and less than current pay. HR makes no effort at good faith negotiations.

External recruiter contacted me regarding a position with Kratos/CEi as an Aeronautical Sciences Engineer. I let recruiter know my salary requirements and they said that was within their range. Directed to CEi, application website, they are looking for Aero Engr III -IV. I apply, recruiter sets up phone interview.

Phone interview mainly me talking about my experience, get good feedback and an onsite interview. Have on onsite part day interview with chief engineer and 4 other engineers. More of the same talk about experience and such. Get a tour of testing facilities and manufacturing plant. Which was pretty cool. Left feeling great, got good feedback, potential co workers were personable and I got the idea they were competent, interesting work, all very good signs.

Get an offer letter within 2 business days. This is were my negative experiences begin. Offer is for Aero Engr II not the Aero Engr III, I was contacted for and felt I was well within their stated requirements on their application. Also a +10% paycut and nearly 40% downgrade in PTO. I understand I was coming from a higher cost of living area but I felt a bit blindsided as I mentioned my salary requirements up front. To CEi's credit they did include a ~5% bonus.

I contact HR explaining that this would downgrade in all facets of the job, asking to be re-evaluated as Aero Engr III. Their reply "Offer will remain as presented, as the Level II and with the PTO quoted. We cannot change this but you will have an opportunity to work towards promotions". I was hoping just a tad bit of good faith negotiation. I then contact Chief Engineer with same issues, I never heard back. HR made it clear that they were not going to change the offer one bit. I would of been ok with paycut if CEi was willing to put budge just a little on anything, but they completely stonewalled me. Negotiations left me with a negative impression.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with high desert?   1 Answer
    • What's your experience with developing control systems.?   Answer Question
    • Whats your experience updating/refining a simulation model?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (Huntsville, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

Contacted for a phone interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. Two employees on the other end, they asked about some specifics of my project experience and work preferences. Relaxed feel, most of the interview was them telling me specifics of the work environment, and the project details.
    Going into the interview, I doubted that it would be a good fit for me, as I expected a stifled enviroment. After speaking with them about corporate culture, I felt I could easily enjoy working there. Would recommend pursuing a position with them.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of comfort working on a multi-faceted team?   Answer Question

Security Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite easy. Talked with recruiter by phone and then a practice manager and another manager in person. The questions they asked could not determine the depth of my skillset. The company atmosphere is very laid back and casual.

Interview Questions

• Describe your technical background?   1 Answer

Chose another position

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions.

Interview

2 Round Interview
    First Round - Two Assistant Controllers who oversaw two different lines of business
    Second Round - Controller and CFO
    The interviews were very light and not difficult at all. Everyone seemed to be very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straightforward interview with basic interview questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions.

Interview

Made contact interviewed with the branch manager, interviewed with the project manger, passed background checks and drug tests. Passed typing skills computer skills wharehouse skills shipping skill, production line skill customer service skills

Interview Questions

• Willing to working an unheated building for an undisclosed amount of time   Answer Question

Negotiation

take it or leave it

BDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple. Three rounds of interviews where they give you the pretty basic questions. Curious about growth (vertically) and they emphasized opportunities. Be prepared to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Wierd! Started out on phone then meet with people who had no Idea I was even coming. I do not knwo what more say. It was a long on boarding because the people did not know how to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• They were so unprepared the only questions asked were where I worked   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions.

Interview

I was initially contacted via email after applying online. A couple phone interviews then a fairly quick, painless, direct in-person interview with only a few people. Quite reasonably, they shifted the position I was applying for after the phone interviews to one better-suited for my background (and better-paying). It took a couple weeks for them to get all the paperwork and drug test business sorted out, but that's government work.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carol Stream, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (Carol Stream, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview consisted of phone interview with HR, 1-1 with hiring manager, and Sales Manager. Process was quite easy, although very unprofessional. They requested follow-up interviews, however postponed or cancelled on each occasion. I received another offer before they could decide on if they were hiring or not. I'm glad that I received another offer first. They set the tone for what work environment would be.

Sale Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fair Lawn, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (Fair Lawn, NJ) in December 2011.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of the following steps
    1. Pre-screen Phone interview with the hiring Sales Manager - Discuss items on the resume
    2, On-site interview with the Sales Manager - Discuss the sale organization and the future challenges of the company, Proposal process (RFP). reviewing customer requirements and fusion of data, Security sensors mainly (CCTV and proxiamity card readers) implementation, some current projects, developing a cost effectivity solution to the customer in a timely manner and mitigating risk to projects.
    3. On-Site interview with Technical Engineering group

Interview Questions

• Any Experience with CCTV and proximity card readers - Technical Group interviewer   1 Answer