Kroger Any Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Any Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2016

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Maysville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Maysville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online for any open positions and got a call back to schedule a phone screening the next day. Answered some basic questions about myself and situational problems. Got a call back a couple days later to schedule a one on one interview in the store the next week. Was promptly offered a position in Drug GM or Deli and chose the former. I filled out the paperwork and left awaiting another phone call about training. Before I could start, I received another call from a different person asking me to take a Courtesy Clerk position instead. I accepted as the pay and hours were virtually identical. I do wish I had stuck with Drug GM but Courtesy Clerk is not a bad place to be.

Interview Questions

• You are busy stocking shelves in your area and a customer stops near you with a question about an item in a different aisle. What do you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Chillicothe, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Chillicothe, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

The hiring process involved me going to the Kroger. I sat there for around about 2 hours, not their fault really there was a lot of us being hired that day. After the waiting I was asked to go into the management office and interviewed there. Afterwards I was asked to step out of the room for a few minutes and was called back in. There I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you experienced good customer service.   1 Answer

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

easy not to hard basic questions they do training so its not to hard they just want hard workers also workers that have an open schedule is a plus because they need the availability when it comes to being a courtesy clerk

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Morgantown, WV).

Interview

Quick and efficient, mostly because the whole store is understaffed and they are desperate for people. Drug test was a cheek swab. Interview process is easy to get through, and so are the 15 hours of computer training they subject you to once you're hired.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment at a previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't given a chance to negotiate

Any Interview

Interview

Never got one. Applied at several locations (on line) only method. Never hear anything back. I am more than qualified. However, I am a white female over 50. I have been working in the grocery business for 15plus years. I receive notices from Kroeger when jobs match my skills. I apply and hear nothing and there is no live human to speak to.

Interview Questions

• I cant seem to be afforded this opportunity.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was at a job fair they were lots of people all lined up...I waited 3 hours and didn't get the job.
    It was terrible the people that were conducting the interviews were very unprofessional and impatient...They were 4 of us we were the last group...they were 4 people interviewing us...

one of the ladies didn't like me for some reason she rolled her eyes at me countless times and mocked me even...

They only asked us two questions and forgot to asked one guy in our group a question..

I didn't get the job. They sent me and another woman out of the room. And lied to us told us that they'll forward our application if there's a position open (they also lied about drug testing people.)

They threaten to drug test everyone there and there was no such thing once we got upstairs.

I know it's not true because A I applied for Any...and B the person sitting next to me applied for the same Kroger's I applied for and they didn't ask her to leave the room..

I'm not sure what I did wrong here..I answered the questions..I was nice..and I get made fun of (I know that's hard to believe.) But I know what happened...I won't be purchasing anything from this establishment anymore...
    I'm very upset right now...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What would you do if a guest wanted icing on a cake?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called over the phone, mini interview over phone with someone in corporate, scheduled in person and had interview the next week. I got hired on the spot. Went to orientation to train for stuff online. Process to work in my position in the store was 4 days.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to go to college? If so what will you plan to major in?   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Applied online for any available position.

About two days later received a call from the hiring manager about scheduling an interview. We scheduled the interview for the next day.
    The interview process was very straightforward, normal interview questions.
    After a few questions I submitted to a drug test upon passing the test I was offered employment to begin training the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

Not much, It think if you can talk, walk, pass a drug and background test they hire you. They gave drug test on the spot. Some of the worst employees still keep their jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I went during a hiring event. It was a group interview that consisted of about 8 people. It wasn't really an interview. Kroger tends to hire anyone with a pulse and a clean drug test. The hiring manager told us about what positions were available and talked to us about pay and hours.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager did not really ask us questions. She really only asked us what department we were interested in working in and asked us to tell her a little about ourselves. Pretty easy process.   Answer Question