Kroger Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Navarre, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Navarre, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Went through 4 seperate interviews almost a week apart each time. First interview, he thought I would be good for a different position, sent me out of town to meet with someone and she didnt even have a position available. Third interview with area supervisor went well but fourth interview was more than 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Detroit, MI).

Interview

job fair at college, recruiter contacted me a week later to set up an interview. Arrived at the interview and found out it was a panel of various management personnel. very intimidating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Middletown, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

I walked in the door looking for a position since I was new in the area and needed something quickly. That day I was able meet with human resources and fill out paperwork before going home to fill out the online application to make things official. The woman in HR told me that with my background I looked more than qualified and that combined with personality, I was the right one to replace the existing manager that was leaving. The next day she scheduled me to begin training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Kroger does not negotiate regarding new hires for in-store positions. Once you are hired, the financial end can be adjusted based upon your background of three or more years experience in a related field and performance in the first two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Nashville, TN) in October 2012.

Interview

I initially applied online for the assistant manager/manager in training position from careerbuilder.com. They then contacted me via phone from the secretary of the mid-south headquarters. I talked with her to schedule an interview. The interview was with the district coordinator. He explained the position and salary plus a detailed view of advancement opportunities and training schedule. He has a list of questions he went down one by one dealing with past situations and how much I was still interested in the position. They contacted me within a week for the follow-up interview. It is a panel interview with a regional coordinator asking the questions and running it. He is joined by the grocery district coordinator and two store managers who join in with bonus questions and comments. These questions are much more difficult about very specific examples with your past company. From tough questions about decisions and how you made an unpopular decision plus easier questions. It was very fair and well done great evaluation for the position I believe.

Interview Questions

• Explain a past unpopular decision you had to make and how you dealt with the effects of that decision.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Wichita, KS) in November 2011.

Interview

The first thing you need to do is feel out an application located by the registers. You will then get a skills test with aninterview directly afterwards. If that is passed a ua must be taken. Very simple process.

Interview Questions

• Why I felt like I could be better than the next person? I hate putting myself above others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Dayton, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

Long interview process. Had 3 or more interviews with different HR people before testing (math) and offered position via mail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a. they offered and i accepted