Kroger Bakery Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Bakery Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Garden City, ID).

Interview

Very fast and easy interview it only took about 15 min and was hired on the spot. I recommend tailoring your answer around cust service they are big into that.

Interview Questions

• 1st question was tell me a little about your self?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger in November 2016.

Interview

I got the interview within days after applying, but it became apparent upon my arrival that they were not prepared for me. (Turns out they use some kind of third party to schedule interviews.) I had to wait quite a long time before someone was available to see me. Their questions were mostly straight forward, but some got incredibly personal. As I was applying for a position in the bakery, the bakery manager sat in on this interview but said nothing. I thought that the interview went horribly, but I was offered a second interview - which I returned for only to find that I'd been offered the job, so the second interview was simply paperwork and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Are you very Christian? (this came up somewhat naturally in conversation)   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger in September 2016.

Interview

They called for 3 pre interview questions, and scheduled an interview the next day. Showed up was asked a couple questions and then offered the job. Filled out papers and had to take a saliva drug test that they had sent in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, she said she would try to get me a 25 to 50 cent raise.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was short (they were short staffed and were desperate they said). Was interviewed by the assistant store manager during on of their job fairs. She was rude and practically insulted me. I'm from NY so I know "cost of living" is cheaper in GA but not as cheap as she must think. Started me out at minimum wage (7.25) and practically insulted me when i said i had over a years experience working in another bakery. Said it was only worth a $0.05 raise (and i found out she didn't even apply the 5 cent raise). Also you have to drive to a training site for 2-5 days which is really impractical. And now I can't get a hold of the Bakery Manger because she was out on vacation last week and no one can seem to find her when i call this week. (was on hold for over 30 mins before i hung up).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Livonia, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Very informal. Went into the back office to answer some questions about how I would handle situations and how I would perform as an employee from a few sheets. They're not looking for a lot. Just making sure that you are going to be reliable and agreeable with other employees.

Interview Questions

• How have you performed in a leadership in school, work, groups, etc, before when faced with a challenge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Savannah, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked a bunch of common sense things, kinda friendly but they change once hired. The interviewer was sort of friendly but she was underline rude towards the end, it's annoying as hell and you can't count on them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Crowley, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Crowley, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It was on the phone first. Then we had a group interview. The lady said I was going to work in the meat department. I said I don't know why I know nothing about the meat department and she said what do you have experience in I said baking. They then moved me to the bakery.

Interview Questions

• What do we like about kroger.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you have experience in any thing to do in grocery or cooking let them know. They can make you a better hourly offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I got a call on the same day saying that I got the interview. The interview was located at a different location and to my surprise it was my first group interview. It was an hour long, only one question that really required thought, and we had to put together a 60 second sales pitch in groups. It seems intimidating but they're really laid back. My group did a really bad pitch and we still got hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a hardship that you had to overcome   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Interview

It was pretty casual. She asked me to tell me a little about myself. She asked me if I had any previous job experience, and I said no and she said that was actually a good thing. She told me that they really needed help in the kitchen and that I would fit in just fine. She told me it was a simple job, just learn as you go and you'll do fine. A little less than a week later they called me and told me to come in for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Chesterfield, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

you sit and wait and you're interviewed with 2 other people they ask you a series of questions and they pick 2 out of three and you go and take a drug test and then you do training.

Interview Questions

• What makes you fit for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none.