Kroger Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

1.6

208 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

They just ask you basic questions that pretty much show you can read, write, speak, and do basic math. it was a fast interview within a short period of time as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a testy customer?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

It was a breeze. The interviewer was very professional and kind. There was also an option to apply online. I ended up receiving the position. Don't be nervous at all.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakest skill?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Peoria, IL).

Interview

An outsourced company calls you after applying online, uses a scripted questionnaire and sets you up with an interview date. The questions are ridiculously benign. The interviewer was not very professional...

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work for Kroger?"   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The interview process is a group interview lead by a single member of Senior Management. You are asked some pretty basic interview questions, and are encouraged to participate with the group.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Montgomery, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

A new kroger was opening near me, I applied online and a few days later I got an email saying that I needed to call a number to do a phone interview. It was pretty simple, the guy asked me about my availability and if I was okay with the pay and the duties of the job. He moved me on to the next interview which was a few days later. Since the store wasn't open yet, I had to stand outside to wait for someone to open the doors to let me in. I was told to go to a conference room upstairs and there were several other people there. There were availability sheets on the table that we needed to fill out. A manager came in and told us to go around the room and tell our names, our previous work experience, and something about ourselves. Then the manager started pulling us one by one into her office. She just asked about my availability then sent me into another room to sign some paper work and do an oral drug test. Very easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in West Frankfort, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (West Frankfort, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview, In-Person Interview, phone call for orientation. Whole process was all within a week. After training, and orientation you should start working within a few weeks.

Tips:

•Dress professional casual
    •No sandals, flip flops, t-shirts, etc.
    •Stay calm, and make eye contact with the interviewer.

Trust me, I was a nervous wreck, and I'm the WORST at interviews but I have an AMAZING work ethic. BEST OF LUCK to you future Kroger Cashiers!

Interview Questions

• What kind of qualities do I look for in a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • In your own words, how would you describe the word "fresh" in a retail setting?   Answer Question
    • If you see a customer walk by you as you are stocking a shelf, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you were scanning a customer's items and you notice one of the items is busted and leaking, or is defected. What would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ripley, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Ripley, WV).

Interview

Received an emailing inviting me to call and participate in a phone screening. The screening was relatively simple, answered 2 or 3 questions about providing customer service and was given an overview of the position and shift. After confirming that I was still interested I was offered the opportunity to interview in person which I accepted. The interview was scheduled for the following day. I arrived 10 minutes early and was instructed to sit in the deli and wait for the HR manager. She came to get me at our appointment time and we went to her office. She asked me several questions off of a pre constructed list and she wrote down my answers. They were pretty basic questions like "how would you handle an angry customer?". At the end of the interview, I was offered the position and accepted. She then did a mouth swab drug test and scheduled my orientation for the following week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer
    • If you were working on a task and a customer walked by, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

i went when they had a job fair, which they have about every few weeks, the interview process was very easy, she asked about my previous jobs, and what work ethic was like, and how long would i work if i got the job

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the kroger team?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Had to log onto Career website and upload Cover Letter and resume and after that, I had to answer questions about my availability and experience. Applied twice and was informed that I was not selected about two months after applying each time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Macon, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I sat in the back room until my name was called. Once I was called, I sat in the managers office & he told me he didn't even look at my resume. He asks me to fill him in on my job history & responsibilities (what's on my resume). He told me I was hired on the spot but never once mentioned anything about pay. I went to training still not knowing how much I get paid or if I get paid for training. I go look online to see my pay & I only get 20 cents more than minimum wage. That was unacceptable considering the years of experience I had. I called it quits before my first day.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions. He just wanted me to tell him about my jobs.   Answer Question