Kroger Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

1.6

205 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Peoria, IL).

Interview

An outsourced company calls you after applying online, uses a scripted questionnaire and sets you up with an interview date. The questions are ridiculously benign. The interviewer was not very professional...

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work for Kroger?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The interview process is a group interview lead by a single member of Senior Management. You are asked some pretty basic interview questions, and are encouraged to participate with the group.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Montgomery, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

A new kroger was opening near me, I applied online and a few days later I got an email saying that I needed to call a number to do a phone interview. It was pretty simple, the guy asked me about my availability and if I was okay with the pay and the duties of the job. He moved me on to the next interview which was a few days later. Since the store wasn't open yet, I had to stand outside to wait for someone to open the doors to let me in. I was told to go to a conference room upstairs and there were several other people there. There were availability sheets on the table that we needed to fill out. A manager came in and told us to go around the room and tell our names, our previous work experience, and something about ourselves. Then the manager started pulling us one by one into her office. She just asked about my availability then sent me into another room to sign some paper work and do an oral drug test. Very easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in Ripley, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Ripley, WV).

Interview

Received an emailing inviting me to call and participate in a phone screening. The screening was relatively simple, answered 2 or 3 questions about providing customer service and was given an overview of the position and shift. After confirming that I was still interested I was offered the opportunity to interview in person which I accepted. The interview was scheduled for the following day. I arrived 10 minutes early and was instructed to sit in the deli and wait for the HR manager. She came to get me at our appointment time and we went to her office. She asked me several questions off of a pre constructed list and she wrote down my answers. They were pretty basic questions like "how would you handle an angry customer?". At the end of the interview, I was offered the position and accepted. She then did a mouth swab drug test and scheduled my orientation for the following week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer
    • If you were working on a task and a customer walked by, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

i went when they had a job fair, which they have about every few weeks, the interview process was very easy, she asked about my previous jobs, and what work ethic was like, and how long would i work if i got the job

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the kroger team?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Had to log onto Career website and upload Cover Letter and resume and after that, I had to answer questions about my availability and experience. Applied twice and was informed that I was not selected about two months after applying each time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Macon, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I sat in the back room until my name was called. Once I was called, I sat in the managers office & he told me he didn't even look at my resume. He asks me to fill him in on my job history & responsibilities (what's on my resume). He told me I was hired on the spot but never once mentioned anything about pay. I went to training still not knowing how much I get paid or if I get paid for training. I go look online to see my pay & I only get 20 cents more than minimum wage. That was unacceptable considering the years of experience I had. I called it quits before my first day.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions. He just wanted me to tell him about my jobs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horn Lake, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Horn Lake, MS) in March 2017.

Interview

The gentlemen I was scheduled to interview was not there that day. Apparently someone got their days mixed up. But it wasn't me> I was there @ the store 20 minutes ahead of time. The store mgr. was the one who conducted the interview. After many interruptions, we finished up in about one hour. I answered all the gentlemen's questions thoroughly. Pretty much standard interview. Then when he was finished I interviewed him. But as I said he was interrupted several times.

Interview Questions

• How committed was I to providing their customers with excellent service. I responded to the gentlemen I was prepared to offer their customers a true example of excellent customer service skills. I've been in the game for a while so I knew just what to expect.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Asked "why do you want to work for us" and immediately gave me the job, albeit at a different position in the store. I should've interpreted it as a sign of how unprofessional the work environment was/would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Toledo, OH).

Interview

It felt very unorganized. The lady read straight off a piece of paper. Told me they would call me with an answer in a week and I never got a call.

Interview Questions

• How to act in a fast paced work environment   1 Answer