Kroger Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Had to log onto Career website and upload Cover Letter and resume and after that, I had to answer questions about my availability and experience. Applied twice and was informed that I was not selected about two months after applying each time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horn Lake, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Horn Lake, MS) in March 2017.

Interview

The gentlemen I was scheduled to interview was not there that day. Apparently someone got their days mixed up. But it wasn't me> I was there @ the store 20 minutes ahead of time. The store mgr. was the one who conducted the interview. After many interruptions, we finished up in about one hour. I answered all the gentlemen's questions thoroughly. Pretty much standard interview. Then when he was finished I interviewed him. But as I said he was interrupted several times.

Interview Questions

• How committed was I to providing their customers with excellent service. I responded to the gentlemen I was prepared to offer their customers a true example of excellent customer service skills. I've been in the game for a while so I knew just what to expect.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Asked "why do you want to work for us" and immediately gave me the job, albeit at a different position in the store. I should've interpreted it as a sign of how unprofessional the work environment was/would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Toledo, OH).

Interview

It felt very unorganized. The lady read straight off a piece of paper. Told me they would call me with an answer in a week and I never got a call.

Interview Questions

• How to act in a fast paced work environment   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then was called the next day by a recruiter who asked me a few questions to determine if she wanted to put me through to an in person interview. I answered well enough that she said to come in for an interview the next day. I went in and met with the HR manager, who was very nice. We went over my resume and made a bit of small talk and I was offered the job on the spot. It was a very relaxed interview and felt more like a conversation than a Q&A.

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Mesquite, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The manager that was supposed to interview was too busy and so a secondary manager interviewed. It took less than ten minutes and he only asked about four questions. Also there is an oral drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Tempe, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Super easy. I was hired on the spot. Other han showing up well before my interview and having to wait 30 min past the scheduled interview time it was a decent experience.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions. Nothing in depth. Work history, customer service experience blah blah blah.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Seems like a good place to work. Interview was standard for customer service position. Interview panel was with 2 people. I decided not to go with this offer after accepting another job elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you best displayed customer service skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Did the app on online called me bext day went in for interview got the job went in for orientation like two days later with someone else we sat in back and went over the company ect.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Memphis, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

I loved it they hired me right off I did my interview so good I said kind word and I answered my question right and I was dressed right for my interview

Interview Questions

• What will I say when someone ask me how much something cost   1 Answer