Kroger Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Asked "why do you want to work for us" and immediately gave me the job, albeit at a different position in the store. I should've interpreted it as a sign of how unprofessional the work environment was/would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Toledo, OH).

Interview

It felt very unorganized. The lady read straight off a piece of paper. Told me they would call me with an answer in a week and I never got a call.

Interview Questions

• How to act in a fast paced work environment   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then was called the next day by a recruiter who asked me a few questions to determine if she wanted to put me through to an in person interview. I answered well enough that she said to come in for an interview the next day. I went in and met with the HR manager, who was very nice. We went over my resume and made a bit of small talk and I was offered the job on the spot. It was a very relaxed interview and felt more like a conversation than a Q&A.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Tempe, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Super easy. I was hired on the spot. Other han showing up well before my interview and having to wait 30 min past the scheduled interview time it was a decent experience.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions. Nothing in depth. Work history, customer service experience blah blah blah.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Seems like a good place to work. Interview was standard for customer service position. Interview panel was with 2 people. I decided not to go with this offer after accepting another job elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you best displayed customer service skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Did the app on online called me bext day went in for interview got the job went in for orientation like two days later with someone else we sat in back and went over the company ect.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Memphis, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

I loved it they hired me right off I did my interview so good I said kind word and I answered my question right and I was dressed right for my interview

Interview Questions

• What will I say when someone ask me how much something cost   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Shreveport, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was stressful. They called me for open interview but i couldn't make it. So they called back for a regular interview. It was quick & simple but waiting for them to call was stressful. They would call tell you some then wait maybr 4 days to call again.

Interview Questions

• They only asked me to tell them about myself. Pretty chilled & layed back.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

The interview was retarded. They're human resource lady was cranky and did not care about me. All she wanted was a clean drug test and a background test. She could have been more personable she could have been less rude she could have acted like I was a human and not a number

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was absolutely no negotiation the lady asked if I like the hours and the pay and if I didn't to bad go find another job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a week later. They explained what the job was and how many hours a week and the pay. They asked a few questions about how would you do the job and offered a group interview which I go to this weekend.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation that happened to you at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question