Kroger Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

1.6

226 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Came in with a positive attitude and was offered a position immediately. Unfortunately, it was for bagger but as I’ve learned Cashier doesn’t come with a pay raise. But either way Kroger was the only one to offer me a job immediately.

Interview Questions

• You have any previous work experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grovetown, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Grovetown, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very good. I went in when they had a job fair and the lady that interviewed me was very nice. After the interview she told me I basically had the job and that they would call me for my drug test but never did.

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Denton, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Easy, went in for a job fair, got hired on the spot, also did a oral drug test on the spot, expecting a call next week to start. Really easy, did a group interview. You had to have applied online first to participate in the job fair.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

They just ask you basic questions that pretty much show you can read, write, speak, and do basic math. it was a fast interview within a short period of time as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a testy customer?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

It was a breeze. The interviewer was very professional and kind. There was also an option to apply online. I ended up receiving the position. Don't be nervous at all.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakest skill?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in August 2017.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with someone off site. If you pass that interview they schedule you for a second interview with the someone at the actual store. The second interview felt more like a conversation than a Q and A. It seemed like I most likely had the job already due to my availability and the interview was more of an quick orientation and on boarding.

Interview Questions

• How you you make a positive impact on a customer's shopping experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Jackson, MS) in August 2017.

Interview

no interview- informed of rules-I came in and met supervisor of dept and we chit chatted-then met manager and was told the basic expectations- he then gave me a drug test and told me i'd be called to come in after a two week processing of my forms

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Peoria, IL).

Interview

An outsourced company calls you after applying online, uses a scripted questionnaire and sets you up with an interview date. The questions are ridiculously benign. The interviewer was not very professional...

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work for Kroger?"   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The interview process is a group interview lead by a single member of Senior Management. You are asked some pretty basic interview questions, and are encouraged to participate with the group.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Montgomery, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

A new kroger was opening near me, I applied online and a few days later I got an email saying that I needed to call a number to do a phone interview. It was pretty simple, the guy asked me about my availability and if I was okay with the pay and the duties of the job. He moved me on to the next interview which was a few days later. Since the store wasn't open yet, I had to stand outside to wait for someone to open the doors to let me in. I was told to go to a conference room upstairs and there were several other people there. There were availability sheets on the table that we needed to fill out. A manager came in and told us to go around the room and tell our names, our previous work experience, and something about ourselves. Then the manager started pulling us one by one into her office. She just asked about my availability then sent me into another room to sign some paper work and do an oral drug test. Very easy interview.