Kroger Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

1.6

226 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Had to log onto Career website and upload Cover Letter and resume and after that, I had to answer questions about my availability and experience. Applied twice and was informed that I was not selected about two months after applying each time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The process as a whole was generally positive. I applied online via company website. Received a call from a recruiting associate. After passing a phone interview I had a in store interview with one of the managers. Once the admin assistant came back from vacation I was put through the process. Drug tested me on site and scheduled me for orientation at Northlake.

Interview Questions

• Basic past experience in retail.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in August 2017.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with someone off site. If you pass that interview they schedule you for a second interview with the someone at the actual store. The second interview felt more like a conversation than a Q and A. It seemed like I most likely had the job already due to my availability and the interview was more of an quick orientation and on boarding.

Interview Questions

• How you you make a positive impact on a customer's shopping experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely quick. They ask mostly behavior questions along with a few questions about counting cash. I believe anyone would be able to get this job if they are willing to work.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Peoria, IL).

Interview

An outsourced company calls you after applying online, uses a scripted questionnaire and sets you up with an interview date. The questions are ridiculously benign. The interviewer was not very professional...

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work for Kroger?"   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The interview process is a group interview lead by a single member of Senior Management. You are asked some pretty basic interview questions, and are encouraged to participate with the group.

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Shreveport, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

once applied, you receive a call from the hiring committee. They conduct a phone interview; if you are selected, ten you go to the group interview. at the group interview we were asked questions, given a scenario and described how we would handle it, and given our paperwork for our assigned store.

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Mechanicsville, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The company called me within a week of my application and offered me an interview with the company. When I went into the interview, I was taken upstairs asked a few questions and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• If there was a customer that wanted something written on a cake in the bakery was closed, how would you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger in November 2014.

Interview

I was a relatively quick interview process. I applied online. A few days later received a phone call with a time to show up for an interview. Upon arriving I met with a manager and HR and were asked general behavioral type questions. I did well and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a customer and they left satisfied.   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horn Lake, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Horn Lake, MS) in March 2017.

Interview

The gentlemen I was scheduled to interview was not there that day. Apparently someone got their days mixed up. But it wasn't me> I was there @ the store 20 minutes ahead of time. The store mgr. was the one who conducted the interview. After many interruptions, we finished up in about one hour. I answered all the gentlemen's questions thoroughly. Pretty much standard interview. Then when he was finished I interviewed him. But as I said he was interrupted several times.

Interview Questions

• How committed was I to providing their customers with excellent service. I responded to the gentlemen I was prepared to offer their customers a true example of excellent customer service skills. I've been in the game for a while so I knew just what to expect.   1 Answer