Kroger Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Asked "why do you want to work for us" and immediately gave me the job, albeit at a different position in the store. I should've interpreted it as a sign of how unprofessional the work environment was/would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Seems like a good place to work. Interview was standard for customer service position. Interview panel was with 2 people. I decided not to go with this offer after accepting another job elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you best displayed customer service skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Toledo, OH).

Interview

It felt very unorganized. The lady read straight off a piece of paper. Told me they would call me with an answer in a week and I never got a call.

Interview Questions

• How to act in a fast paced work environment   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then was called the next day by a recruiter who asked me a few questions to determine if she wanted to put me through to an in person interview. I answered well enough that she said to come in for an interview the next day. I went in and met with the HR manager, who was very nice. We went over my resume and made a bit of small talk and I was offered the job on the spot. It was a very relaxed interview and felt more like a conversation than a Q&A.

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Decatur, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

The process was just like any other process. You come in for an interview and they ask you why do you feel you are the ideal candidate for the job. It was simple, and brief 30 minute interview, that would go smoothly for anyone who is just being honest about their skills or willingness to learn new skills if placed in the role.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Tempe, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Super easy. I was hired on the spot. Other han showing up well before my interview and having to wait 30 min past the scheduled interview time it was a decent experience.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions. Nothing in depth. Work history, customer service experience blah blah blah.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Dearborn, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call for an interview a couple of weeks later. The lady talked about my experience and how I would handle a situation, and what days I was available. They were looking for new people, but I didn't meet the hours they needed covered.

Interview Questions

• What experiences can you bring to help you do this job well?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Asked a few general questions about work experience. They did on the spot drug test and was offered a position on the spot, I think if you showed up you got hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a national hiring day in August where people could come in for an interview between certain hours. I went in with the expectation there would be a line, which turned out accurate. There were probably twenty people ahead of me before sitting with the HR person and one of the floor managers. They brought in groups of about six or seven, going around the table with basic questions.

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Shreveport, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was stressful. They called me for open interview but i couldn't make it. So they called back for a regular interview. It was quick & simple but waiting for them to call was stressful. They would call tell you some then wait maybr 4 days to call again.

Interview Questions

• They only asked me to tell them about myself. Pretty chilled & layed back.   1 Answer