Kroger Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Shreveport, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was stressful. They called me for open interview but i couldn't make it. So they called back for a regular interview. It was quick & simple but waiting for them to call was stressful. They would call tell you some then wait maybr 4 days to call again.

Interview Questions

• They only asked me to tell them about myself. Pretty chilled & layed back.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

they called me on the phone and asked me why I chose to work at the company. I said I liked the position and look forward to developing my communication skills in the customer service field.I was asked to come for an interview few days later. the interview was really easy and I was asked to answer some basic questions about the products, my experience, and my skills.

Interview Questions

• what are the skills you have that are suitable for the position   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as much because I needed to start working as soon as possible

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

The interview was retarded. They're human resource lady was cranky and did not care about me. All she wanted was a clean drug test and a background test. She could have been more personable she could have been less rude she could have acted like I was a human and not a number

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was absolutely no negotiation the lady asked if I like the hours and the pay and if I didn't to bad go find another job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a week later. They explained what the job was and how many hours a week and the pay. They asked a few questions about how would you do the job and offered a group interview which I go to this weekend.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation that happened to you at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a call from the store manager a few days after applying online. Asked questions about previous work experience and experience with the public. Very customer service oriented questions. Administered drug test the day of the interview. Received a call about a week later after the drug test results came back and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to provide excellent customer service   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out an online application, within two days I got a call for an over-the-phone interview, and to schedule an in-store interview, which I had scheduled for like 4 days ahead. Went in, did an interview. They told me I'd hear back by the next weekend, two weeks later I had still heard nothing, so I had to call them, only to be told that I was rejected.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

the interview process was very easy I got asked one question and it was a very easy basic interview questions. As soon as I answered I was hired because I was handed a schedule to fill out my availability

Interview Questions

• how would you help improve a customer's shopping experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a national hiring day in August where people could come in for an interview between certain hours. I went in with the expectation there would be a line, which turned out accurate. There were probably twenty people ahead of me before sitting with the HR person and one of the floor managers. They brought in groups of about six or seven, going around the table with basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Augusta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was mostly questions and answers, they were very very nice, the process was overall a great experience for first time workers, I would highly recommend Kroger for first time workers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in July 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application online, then a few weeks later I recieved a call from Cincinnati for an interview over the phone. I then had an in person interview at the store where I was given a drug test (mouth swab) and signed papers. The person interviewing me was pretty laid back and friendly which made me feel at easy and confident in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult costumer?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Kroger?   Answer Question
    • Other than the front end are there any other departments you might be interested in?   Answer Question
    • What kind of availability do you have?   1 Answer