Kroger Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

1.6

226 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in West Frankfort, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (West Frankfort, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview, In-Person Interview, phone call for orientation. Whole process was all within a week. After training, and orientation you should start working within a few weeks.

Tips:

•Dress professional casual
•No sandals, flip flops, t-shirts, etc.
•Stay calm, and make eye contact with the interviewer.

Trust me, I was a nervous wreck, and I'm the WORST at interviews but I have an AMAZING work ethic. BEST OF LUCK to you future Kroger Cashiers!

Interview Questions

• What kind of qualities do I look for in a supervisor?   Answer Question
  • In your own words, how would you describe the word "fresh" in a retail setting?   Answer Question
  • If you see a customer walk by you as you are stocking a shelf, what would you do?   Answer Question
  • If you were scanning a customer's items and you notice one of the items is busted and leaking, or is defected. What would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Ripley, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Ripley, WV).

Interview

Received an emailing inviting me to call and participate in a phone screening. The screening was relatively simple, answered 2 or 3 questions about providing customer service and was given an overview of the position and shift. After confirming that I was still interested I was offered the opportunity to interview in person which I accepted. The interview was scheduled for the following day. I arrived 10 minutes early and was instructed to sit in the deli and wait for the HR manager. She came to get me at our appointment time and we went to her office. She asked me several questions off of a pre constructed list and she wrote down my answers. They were pretty basic questions like "how would you handle an angry customer?". At the end of the interview, I was offered the position and accepted. She then did a mouth swab drug test and scheduled my orientation for the following week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer
    • If you were working on a task and a customer walked by, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

i went when they had a job fair, which they have about every few weeks, the interview process was very easy, she asked about my previous jobs, and what work ethic was like, and how long would i work if i got the job

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the kroger team?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Had to log onto Career website and upload Cover Letter and resume and after that, I had to answer questions about my availability and experience. Applied twice and was informed that I was not selected about two months after applying each time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Macon, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I sat in the back room until my name was called. Once I was called, I sat in the managers office & he told me he didn't even look at my resume. He asks me to fill him in on my job history & responsibilities (what's on my resume). He told me I was hired on the spot but never once mentioned anything about pay. I went to training still not knowing how much I get paid or if I get paid for training. I go look online to see my pay & I only get 20 cents more than minimum wage. That was unacceptable considering the years of experience I had. I called it quits before my first day.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions. He just wanted me to tell him about my jobs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horn Lake, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Horn Lake, MS) in March 2017.

Interview

The gentlemen I was scheduled to interview was not there that day. Apparently someone got their days mixed up. But it wasn't me> I was there @ the store 20 minutes ahead of time. The store mgr. was the one who conducted the interview. After many interruptions, we finished up in about one hour. I answered all the gentlemen's questions thoroughly. Pretty much standard interview. Then when he was finished I interviewed him. But as I said he was interrupted several times.

Interview Questions

• How committed was I to providing their customers with excellent service. I responded to the gentlemen I was prepared to offer their customers a true example of excellent customer service skills. I've been in the game for a while so I knew just what to expect.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Easy interview with common sense questions like "if given the opportunity to steal from us would you?" etc etc. Very misleading with the job description and ended up hiring me for Bakery Clerk and insisted it would be a great match and I would have plenty of training. None of this was true and it may not be on the interviewer but they need to improve the way they convey the job description and what you will actually be doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Toledo, OH).

Interview

It felt very unorganized. The lady read straight off a piece of paper. Told me they would call me with an answer in a week and I never got a call.

Interview Questions

• How to act in a fast paced work environment   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Asked "why do you want to work for us" and immediately gave me the job, albeit at a different position in the store. I should've interpreted it as a sign of how unprofessional the work environment was/would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then was called the next day by a recruiter who asked me a few questions to determine if she wanted to put me through to an in person interview. I answered well enough that she said to come in for an interview the next day. I went in and met with the HR manager, who was very nice. We went over my resume and made a bit of small talk and I was offered the job on the spot. It was a very relaxed interview and felt more like a conversation than a Q&A.