Kroger Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

1.6

217 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a call from the store manager a few days after applying online. Asked questions about previous work experience and experience with the public. Very customer service oriented questions. Administered drug test the day of the interview. Received a call about a week later after the drug test results came back and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you had to provide excellent customer service   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out an online application, within two days I got a call for an over-the-phone interview, and to schedule an in-store interview, which I had scheduled for like 4 days ahead. Went in, did an interview. They told me I'd hear back by the next weekend, two weeks later I had still heard nothing, so I had to call them, only to be told that I was rejected.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

the interview process was very easy I got asked one question and it was a very easy basic interview questions. As soon as I answered I was hired because I was handed a schedule to fill out my availability

Interview Questions

• how would you help improve a customer's shopping experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a national hiring day in August where people could come in for an interview between certain hours. I went in with the expectation there would be a line, which turned out accurate. There were probably twenty people ahead of me before sitting with the HR person and one of the floor managers. They brought in groups of about six or seven, going around the table with basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Augusta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was mostly questions and answers, they were very very nice, the process was overall a great experience for first time workers, I would highly recommend Kroger for first time workers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in July 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application online, then a few weeks later I recieved a call from Cincinnati for an interview over the phone. I then had an in person interview at the store where I was given a drug test (mouth swab) and signed papers. The person interviewing me was pretty laid back and friendly which made me feel at easy and confident in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult costumer?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Kroger?   Answer Question
    • Other than the front end are there any other departments you might be interested in?   Answer Question
    • What kind of availability do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Super hot in the room. Interviewer didn't seem focused on interviewing me personally, probably because it was blazing in her office. We continue on with the basic questions: tell me about yourself, etc and then she proceeded to ask about scenarios.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

You do a very easy phone interview, in which you schedule a personal interview. I walked in to the interview room, I filled out a paper with the hours I could work etc... They had group activities on the table, but I was the only one so... If this is your first job theirs a 95% chance you won't get it, it seems, unless you want to be a bagger. If they don't offer a job on the spot, at the personal interview don't expect to get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Knoxville, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was rather simple. A new Kroger is being built close to me and I applied for a job there based on a billboard outside of the construction site. I interviewed at another Kroger since the building is not complete yet. I met with a lady who was very professional and kind. The questions were very simple stuff. The only question that caught me was the one listed below.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where a coworker caused problems and how you worked with/around it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Dearborn, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call for an interview a couple of weeks later. The lady talked about my experience and how I would handle a situation, and what days I was available. They were looking for new people, but I didn't meet the hours they needed covered.

Interview Questions

• What experiences can you bring to help you do this job well?   Answer Question