Kroger Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

1.6

210 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Anchorage, AK) in May 2016.

Interview

was not bad, a lot of questions online. So after that is FTF. And you pass your drug test and you ready to go. After that you have training is paid. And a lot of questions, you spend almost all day

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Mechanicsville, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

The company called me within a week of my application and offered me an interview with the company. When I went into the interview, I was taken upstairs asked a few questions and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• If there was a customer that wanted something written on a cake in the bakery was closed, how would you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger in April 2016.

Interview

It was quick and very easy. They asked the usual questions at an interview and went straight into the hiring process with the drug test and signing different forms.The manger was extremely nice and willing to work with when I would be able to start work.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

It was short and simple. Asked basic questions such as "Tell me about yourself?" "If you are in school?" "What is your availability?" etc. The manager talked about what he expected and how to handle customers.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself?" "If you are in school?" "What is your availability?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Kingsport, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

I was asked general information that was listed on my resume/application and asked if I would be willing to take a drug test. I was pretty much hired because I had came in before the interview and talked about getting a job. All they asked was about my schedule and told me when to come in to do training. Dress nice and bring everything you need such as drivers license, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Bartlett, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Bartlett, TN).

Interview

I was asked a few questions, given a personality test, filled out a form, did a drug test. In and out in 20 minutes. I was hired hours later and started training a day later. Training was 2 days long and supposed to be done in 16 hours. I completed my training in 12 hours.

Interview Questions

• Did I have a reliable was to get to and from work?   1 Answer
    • What was my availability?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Availability was the only thing negotiatible.

Cashier Interview

Interview

it was an easy interview. The interview was easy going and i did not feel nervous and everything went smoothly. The questions were easy and you can basically do well if your an ordinary person

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger in January 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview with a group presentation at the end. Interview was very easy and only lasted about an hour. Afterwards, my group and I took a drug test and was shortly hired a few days later.

Cashier Interview

Interview

They Interviewed upstairs, there were very basic questions. After interview they completed a drug screening. The wait was about a week or so to get the results. I think there were also personality questions on a computer on site. It was a pretty basic process, pretty standard for retail.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview by corporate, this interview was very brief. They then scheduled me for an in-person interview with store management. I was given one interview, they called me a week later to say that I got the job. This interview was with one of the store managers who then referred me to the HR department who filled out my paperwork.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basically about how I interact with difficult customers and how I interrelate with coworkers.   Answer Question