Kroger Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Very brief and basic such as tell me about yourself. The manager also asked about my future career and educational goals. I was also asked about prior work experience and my availability.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Columbus, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a interview in about 3-4 business days. During the call, I had a small phoen interview with one of the representatives. Obviously, being a courtesy clerk, you are pretty much at the bottom of the "totem pole" until you can get a promotion. So as long as you go to the interview with a friendly deameanor, and show that you are competent, getting a job offer should'nt be too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger in August 2016.

Interview

Filled out online application, was contacted the next day. They then set up an interview for the folling day. It was pretty easy, just asked some bassic questions and tossed about 20 forms at me to sign. Make sure to bring your Social Security number! Then I took a drug test and they said to expect a call to schedule orientation.

Interview Questions

• How would you offer outsanding service to the customer   Answer Question
    • if you saw someone looking around the store confused what would you do?   Answer Question
    • what is an example of a time you helped resolve a conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for a job this low-level

Anonymous Employee in West Helena, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (West Helena, AR) in August 2016.

Interview

It was nice. The guy was very friendly to me. He asked simple polite questions. We talked about location. We also talked about salary. He also talked about my schedule and off days. He went over interview time and day.We talked about customer service and we talked about pay increase.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose that company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Bloomington, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was straight forward, verifying that I knew what job I was being hired to do and detailing the responsibilities, the interviewer was friendly we discussed our pokemon go adventures

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about how I have interacted with customers in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Carmel, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

It was really easy. Applied online, got a phone call interview, answered sleepy and unprepared and got an in-store interview. Got hired as soon as I walked into the interview.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

I applied for the job and I think around a week later a guy called me and told me all about the job position, the pay, etc. He also gave me a short mini interview on the phone. Then after that I went to the interview a couple of minutes early to the job. The girl was reading off a peice of paper with questions on it. She also took notes on it and stuff. I thought I was going to get the interview because I was on glass door and a lot of people were saying it was a easy job and you don't do much and they don't care if u had work experience or not. But apparently they do because I didn't get the job. I was upset about that and annoyed.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

It was pretty easy they called me the day before and asked me a few questions then they had me come in the next day and do an interview. Overall a simple interview although I showed up 5 minutes early and they made me wait like 15 minutes before they even brought me in.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you experienced excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Macon, GA).

Interview

I applied online. It didn't take long from them to respond. About 1 week. 2 interviews. One from the questioning and drug test and one if they are hiring you. Orientation to start soon after. Nothing to stress about

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Dickinson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Dickinson, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a hiring event and walk in interviews were welcome. I applied at kroger 1 week before and thought what a coincidence! I came in at about 1 PM and waited by Starbucks. The assistant manager came after a couple minutes, asked me some questions, gave me paperwork to fill out, then offered me the courtesy clerk position. It was a pretty smooth process and I accepted!