Kroger Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Courtesy Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

1.5

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Quick and to the point. First there was a phone call with the recruiting team then they set up an in person interview in the store for the next day.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer asking a question not in your department?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I aplied online and honestly didn't expect an answer. I have applied there before and received nothing afterwards. I however revived an email roughly two weeks later. The email gave me a phone number and reference number. I called the number the wait was around 5-8 minutes long. They told me there was an interview time the next day at 4 pm. They told me to bring a government issued ID, and social security number. And to come dressed in business casual.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Bloomfield Hills, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, they got back with an email and gave me a phone number to call, the phone interview was very easy and short and they schedule you to an in-store interview

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

Group interview. Extremely easy! If you are in this interview you're basically hired. They talk with you about Kroger, give you a saliva drug test, give you some important info, then talk with you one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• What is one problem you've dealt with in a work environment and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Applied online on a Wednesday morning, and got a phone call later that day to schedule an interview for that Friday. Considering the speed that I got called and got the interview, I went in feeling very excited and confident that maybe they really wanted to hire me. The manager that interviewed me was quiet and seemed very bored, like he didn't want to be there. The whole interview only lasted maybe 5 minutes. He only really asked if I was friendly and what my availability was. The following Thursday, I went in to follow up since it was such a short interview... and was told by a different manager who was very nice and assuring that they still had my application and I would hear something by next week. Two days later, Saturday, I got an email that they were going with someone else.

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Tucker, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a phone interview within the week I applied. When I went to the store interview, my manager told me he was going to hire me striaght away without asking questions of my previous experience. Then scheduled my training at my store a few days later, then headed to training at their training center for about 4 days.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Very brief and basic such as tell me about yourself. The manager also asked about my future career and educational goals. I was also asked about prior work experience and my availability.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Columbus, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a interview in about 3-4 business days. During the call, I had a small phoen interview with one of the representatives. Obviously, being a courtesy clerk, you are pretty much at the bottom of the "totem pole" until you can get a promotion. So as long as you go to the interview with a friendly deameanor, and show that you are competent, getting a job offer should'nt be too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

It wasn't really an interview to be honest. The manager basically just gave me a rundown of what my duties as a Courtesy Clerk would be. I think this was because they were desperate for employees.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger in August 2016.

Interview

Filled out online application, was contacted the next day. They then set up an interview for the folling day. It was pretty easy, just asked some bassic questions and tossed about 20 forms at me to sign. Make sure to bring your Social Security number! Then I took a drug test and they said to expect a call to schedule orientation.

Interview Questions

• How would you offer outsanding service to the customer   Answer Question
    • if you saw someone looking around the store confused what would you do?   Answer Question
    • what is an example of a time you helped resolve a conflict   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for a job this low-level