Kroger Deli Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

1.6

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The process ran smoothly at first, but it was after the interview that needs improvement. there was a big lack of communication between managers. The whole experience could have been better organized.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask too many unexpected questions, but they were not able to answer all of mine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Carbondale, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was fast and easy got the job waiting on drug test and background check this was by far the fastest interview and job offer I've received my interviewer was very nice

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It wasn't an interview. They gathered about 15 people in a room for 4 hours and had the union guy come to talk. We signed a bunch of papers and listened to "success stories" as well as other opportunities. We filled out our employment paperwork, then got paid for the 4 hours we were there. There were no questions or anything like that.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted soon after I sent in my application to Kroger's website. They asked me a couple of questions on the phone and said my interview was in two days. When I arrived to the interview it was very informal and he only asked me about my past work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Westland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Westland, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

It was an open interview. I applied online, and went in for the open interview during the scheduled time. I showed up closer to the end of the interview times, and they brought us to the back room in groups. I met with the store manager and one of the lower level managers. Really simple interview. I talked about myself for a minute. They asked me one question and then just talked to me about the job position, what I needed to do, what department they wanted to hire me in, etc. then I went in for a drug test and a background check. They seemed really excited to have me as a part of the team, and it was very relaxed and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Pay was $8.50.

Anonymous Employee in Westland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Westland, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

I went to an open interview the store by me was having, and it wasn't bad. Applied online. I was interviewed by two men, and they were both really chill. It felt more like we were having a casual conversation rather than an interview. They asked me a few questions, and I was hired on the spot. Was drug tested and had to fill out some forms.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Quick and easy. He hired everyone in the group. It was three parts. First was the interview process then it was the oral drug screening. Then it was training. It took two weeks for this process.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The interview was very easy and comfortable. They have a new way of interviewing. Corporate sends them a print out based on your assessment answers and they base their questions from what you selected. Not intimadating at all very easy the manager was very nice and helpful. I can't remember all the questions but they were super easy, one I do recall was why do I think it's important to know what others are feeling, I guess that was based on something I put as the assessment. They asked previous employement and etc b

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Arlington, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The run this game by you where you have to "sell" a product. Saliva drug screening on sight. They have you meet a manager in the back room and they sit you down among other possible candidates. Depending on how well you show your suitability for the job, the interview itself is over rather quickly and you'll know before you leave whether or not you have the job.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger in August 2015.

Interview

just got a call that told me when and where the interview was, got a recruiter who conducted the interview in the middle of a starbucks inside the kroger
    wasn't anything special just had a drug test in the middle of it. very simple, the interview was nothing but generic questions,