Kroger Deli Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Deli Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2016

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It wasn't an interview. They gathered about 15 people in a room for 4 hours and had the union guy come to talk. We signed a bunch of papers and listened to "success stories" as well as other opportunities. We filled out our employment paperwork, then got paid for the 4 hours we were there. There were no questions or anything like that.

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted soon after I sent in my application to Kroger's website. They asked me a couple of questions on the phone and said my interview was in two days. When I arrived to the interview it was very informal and he only asked me about my past work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Westland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Westland, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

It was an open interview. I applied online, and went in for the open interview during the scheduled time. I showed up closer to the end of the interview times, and they brought us to the back room in groups. I met with the store manager and one of the lower level managers. Really simple interview. I talked about myself for a minute. They asked me one question and then just talked to me about the job position, what I needed to do, what department they wanted to hire me in, etc. then I went in for a drug test and a background check. They seemed really excited to have me as a part of the team, and it was very relaxed and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Pay was $8.50.

Anonymous Employee in Westland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Westland, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

I went to an open interview the store by me was having, and it wasn't bad. Applied online. I was interviewed by two men, and they were both really chill. It felt more like we were having a casual conversation rather than an interview. They asked me a few questions, and I was hired on the spot. Was drug tested and had to fill out some forms.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Quick and easy. He hired everyone in the group. It was three parts. First was the interview process then it was the oral drug screening. Then it was training. It took two weeks for this process.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The interview was very easy and comfortable. They have a new way of interviewing. Corporate sends them a print out based on your assessment answers and they base their questions from what you selected. Not intimadating at all very easy the manager was very nice and helpful. I can't remember all the questions but they were super easy, one I do recall was why do I think it's important to know what others are feeling, I guess that was based on something I put as the assessment. They asked previous employement and etc b

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Arlington, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The run this game by you where you have to "sell" a product. Saliva drug screening on sight. They have you meet a manager in the back room and they sit you down among other possible candidates. Depending on how well you show your suitability for the job, the interview itself is over rather quickly and you'll know before you leave whether or not you have the job.

Interview Questions

• What products do you like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hillsdale, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Hillsdale, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I simply talked for about 5 minutes with the manager. I was supposed to talk with the personell director, but she was unavailable, so I talked directly with the manager.

Interview Questions

• He asked me my available hours, and If I could lift 50 lbs. He said they had a position in the Deli.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Tomball, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Once you apply they call you back if they want an interview. Once you arrive at the store, you are put in a room with a handful of other applicants who are pursuing different positions. Once you are introduced to the interviewer you fill out some questions and create a sales pitch with the other applicants. After answering some questions they leave and then drug test you.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my favorite product in their store.   1 Answer
    • They asked about a time in which you had a disagreement and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Covington, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy process, went to interview and was hired on the spot, drug test was in office saliva stick, i had to wait for my background to clear and i went to orientation.