Kroger Deli Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

1.5

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The process ran smoothly at first, but it was after the interview that needs improvement. there was a big lack of communication between managers. The whole experience could have been better organized.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask too many unexpected questions, but they were not able to answer all of mine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Carbondale, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was fast and easy got the job waiting on drug test and background check this was by far the fastest interview and job offer I've received my interviewer was very nice

Anonymous Employee in Southport, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Southport, IN) in June 2017.

Interview

Very quick and very easy. I was asked some simple questions, some involving whether or not I work well with a team. Wasn't a stressful environment and was a very relaxing interview.

Interview Questions

• How many hours can you work per week?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Bloomington, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

There was one short phone interview where they asked me which position I was interested in, followed by a short in-person interview with the HR representative and a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• What's something you were proud of accomplishing at your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It wasn't an interview. They gathered about 15 people in a room for 4 hours and had the union guy come to talk. We signed a bunch of papers and listened to "success stories" as well as other opportunities. We filled out our employment paperwork, then got paid for the 4 hours we were there. There were no questions or anything like that.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted soon after I sent in my application to Kroger's website. They asked me a couple of questions on the phone and said my interview was in two days. When I arrived to the interview it was very informal and he only asked me about my past work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was short and simple. Was asked about my work experience and if I was willing to go through a few training sessions before I worked on the floor.

Anonymous Employee in Westland, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Westland, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

It was an open interview. I applied online, and went in for the open interview during the scheduled time. I showed up closer to the end of the interview times, and they brought us to the back room in groups. I met with the store manager and one of the lower level managers. Really simple interview. I talked about myself for a minute. They asked me one question and then just talked to me about the job position, what I needed to do, what department they wanted to hire me in, etc. then I went in for a drug test and a background check. They seemed really excited to have me as a part of the team, and it was very relaxed and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Pay was $8.50.

Anonymous Employee in Westland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Westland, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

I went to an open interview the store by me was having, and it wasn't bad. Applied online. I was interviewed by two men, and they were both really chill. It felt more like we were having a casual conversation rather than an interview. They asked me a few questions, and I was hired on the spot. Was drug tested and had to fill out some forms.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Franklin, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the hiring fair. It was very low-key and chill. I interviewed in shorts and a nice sleeveless shirt. They ask simple questions about customer service and the reasons behind applying at Kroger.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?
      Why do you want to work at Kroger?   Answer Question