Kroger Fuel Center Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

1.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Midlothian, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Midlothian, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Started off with a handshake, then we walked upstairs and talked about the interview. The interview was calm, relaxed, and easygoing. We didn't touch on too many specifics; however, we did discuss training and some of what the job required.

Interview Questions

• Elaborate on a situation you faced under pressure?   1 Answer
  • What will your schedule availability be?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I have no complaints it was awesome they asked a couple questions and I was in and out process was very easy. It was not too much to handle I love working here now great people also very helpful and not too much to handle.

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Baytown, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

They have group hire events and tell you it is an interview. You are already hired. Then you come back for a "meet and greet," which essentially entailed going to work.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a gas station?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Loganville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Loganville, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

It's pretty much what you would expect, you go in and answer your questions. They explain your pay and the full-time part-time aspects of the company. They tell you the different sections you can work in and which ones they think you'll fit in the best.

Interview Questions

• Why I stopped working at my other job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had zero experience as a cashier, so was put in the fuel center. Not nearly enough training. You are ON YOUR OWN out there. No back-up, if you need help..it "might" show up...in 5 minutes...or 30 minutes. No back ups trained.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Zero. take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Very easy interview. Basic questions asked, no surprises. Asked about availability (fuel center hours are 6AM-11PM). Asked about why I want a job. Asked about experience with customer-facing jobs.
    No negotiations for salary; Kroger is a union shop and usually there are set scales for pay in different jobs.
    Advice for an interview with Kroger: be friendly, dress nicely, arrive a little before scheduled time, say "please", "thank you", and (if appropriate in your area of the country) "yes ma'm" and "yes sir".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Nacogdoches, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Nacogdoches, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Group interview after applying online.. a few simple questions and some computer tests.. also a drug test and background test. Over all the process was very painless make sure to dress decent

Interview Questions

• What is you past experinece?   1 Answer

Fuel Center Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online and they called me a few weeks later to come in for an interview. The manager offered me the job at the interview as long as I could pass the background and drug test. He called me the next week to come back in for the drug test. A week after that they called to begin training. The whole process took a while.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all straight forward typical questions, like why do you want to work here and tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, they offered me minimum wage.