Kroger Grocery Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Grocery Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

1.7

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

I was emailed and called to come in for the interview. When i came in i had to wait for about 30 minuets because i came in like 44 minutes early. Then he explained what i would be doing and how much money i can get paid then asked me to come the next day to sign papers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose kroger   1 Answer
  • Why dont you work anywhere else?   1 Answer
  • Are you ok with minimum wage?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Collierville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Collierville, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

My interview was with someone other than the person I was told it would be with. The person who interviewed me did not introduce himself or state what his position with the store was. I was asked whether I had any retail experience. I am female and was told that the grocery clerk night position is "male-dominated" and the duties are fairly physical in nature. The interviewer said that if I didn't like the overnight shift to let him know and he could see about moving me to another shift. He never made a clear job offer, but I took the drug screen (it's an oral procedure that takes five minutes, the results of which are usually ready in two days.) I was not asked for my picture ID, but I did have to provide my SSN on the background check consent form. I was told that I might start work before attending orientation and that that majority of my training would be on the job. I was not told what the rate of pay would be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kroger?   1 Answer
    • Describe how you might provide excellent customer service in this position.   1 Answer
    • Are you looking to work nights or overnight?   Answer Question
    • How many hours are you looking to work?   1 Answer
    • We changed out price tags two nights a week. How do you feel about doing that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Hill, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Sugar Hill, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Friendly, relaxed. Could have been a little more detailed about the position. Salary wasn't determined, so I didn't know what the pay was until I actually started. Not a big deal for me, since I'm not the primary bread winner.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in advancement opportunities?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

First you are told to visit and apply via Jobs.Kroger.Com and search for their store number. I waited about 2 months before I got a random call back from the HR manager at store 550. It was a nice interview - took about 45 minutes in total. I found out a lot about the opportunities that Kroger has (as long as you can last that long. {Because of the pay structuring - most people who decide to stick Kroger out don't leave until they retire, if they are able to retire}.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience running a register? What are your available hours? Do you see yourself long term or short term?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very positive HR people,sold a product well.No explanations for the low pay however.very casual. Hr seemed to always be in a hurry. Talked very fast hardly breathing and not seeing if we comprehended anything.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

There were two parts to the interview process. The first was a telephone interview, where they were asking questions such as "What is customer service" and "Why Kroger?". The second part was a face to face interview and was only a couple of easy questions. These questions were along the lines of "What subjects did you enjoy and least enjoy in high school?" and "Who do you look up to?".

I was originally suppose to take the interview with the HR director, but she wasn't in and I instead unknowingly took the interview with the store manager. He was very friendly and optimistic.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Columbus, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager, and she was very nice and laid back. I was asked what position I applied for, and then what my availability would be. The whole process what pretty quick, and then I was asked to take an oral drug test (cotton swab in mouth for about 10 minutes) and also sign a few documents. It was very laid back and quick.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Wayne, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, I had one phone interview with a regional hiring person , & then an in person/ in store interview with a manager, both ask very generic questions, nothing really specific to the job.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Huntsville, AL) in March 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by one person, then I was called to come back. Later I was called for orientation which lasted 2 days. Then I got my schedule. Kroger also does a drug test. Very easy and normal interview process for a part time job that pays $8.00 an hr.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Kroger , what can you offer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anna, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Anna, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Manager was nice, friendly....took me to tables in the coffee area... Was very clean... Co workers I passed in the process to tables we all friendly.. And had smiles on their faces