Kroger Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

1.8

113 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Montgomery, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

A new kroger was opening near me, I applied online and a few days later I got an email saying that I needed to call a number to do a phone interview. It was pretty simple, the guy asked me about my availability and if I was okay with the pay and the duties of the job. He moved me on to the next interview which was a few days later. Since the store wasn't open yet, I had to stand outside to wait for someone to open the doors to let me in. I was told to go to a conference room upstairs and there were several other people there. There were availability sheets on the table that we needed to fill out. A manager came in and told us to go around the room and tell our names, our previous work experience, and something about ourselves. Then the manager started pulling us one by one into her office. She just asked about my availability then sent me into another room to sign some paper work and do an oral drug test. Very easy interview.

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied for the job. Received a call a few days later . Answered a couple of questions. Then was invited to interview with store personnel. Waiting to hear from the store.

Drug/GM Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Katy, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

two forms of interview, one was done via phone call and the other in person. the interviewer was very nice and made me feel at ease during the interview.easy questions

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, TX).

Interview

The interview was during a hiring event after I applied online. The interview was a group interview with several of the managers asking questions. We basically just told everyone else about ourself.

Fuel Center Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I have no complaints it was awesome they asked a couple questions and I was in and out process was very easy. It was not too much to handle I love working here now great people also very helpful and not too much to handle.

Custody Clark Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It took a week for them to call me once I filled the online application. It was a group interview as already mentioned by others. We were asked to choose our favorite item from the store present it individually and then together.
    Everything went great at first. The interviewer had a good attitude and questions were easy. This part was good until he started explaining that more experienced workers are in priority (apparently he himself worked as a cashier for 15 years before he become an assistant manager). This is very wrong and putting more experienced workers in priority is just an excuse to discriminate in the workplace.
    I told him that I applied for other jobs, I need to know the days I work so I can manage it with the other places. He said we don't give you an schedule, I'm basically going to work days that others (more experienced workers) are not working or are not available, so it could be a Monday for this week and Thursday the other.
    Anyone with half a brain will understand that when you offer me a part time job you have to give a proper schedule. I might be a student or need to work at other places and I'm not going to sit in home and be available whenever you need me. Workers with any age, race and level of experience have certain rights that employers should respect. Unfortunately I didn't see that at Kroger.
    Taking into account the interviewer telling us experienced workers are at priority, offering minimum wage pay, a part time job and no set schedule, It was just waste of time. If you are okay with that then is alright, but I really couldn't accept their offer.

Interview Questions

• What is you favorite item from the store and why?
      Then in the group you have to explain its taste, color, price ...   Answer Question

Fuel Center Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Baytown, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

They have group hire events and tell you it is an interview. You are already hired. Then you come back for a "meet and greet," which essentially entailed going to work.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a gas station?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Spring, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a interview with the manager of the dairy department, he was nice basically asking questions like (why do you want to work for Kroger , name a time you received good customer service) questions that any normal grocery store interviewer would ask

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a week later. They explained what the job was and how many hours a week and the pay. They asked a few questions about how would you do the job and offered a group interview which I go to this weekend.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation that happened to you at work and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Spring, TX).

Interview

Group interviewed but I can't remember the paperwork part. It was easy though . It was no big deal, watched a few videos in a two day orientation. Two or three days .no big deal

Interview Questions

• What you would say if you are busy and a customer can't find something   1 Answer