Kroger Co-Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

2.8

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was in depth with behavioral questions " tell me about a time when". This particular process took about 2 weeks. I applied online, and was called a few days later to set up a phone screening. She was impressed by my credentials, so she forwarded me to the panel interview which was on a Friday. I was called back Tuesday with congratulations, and that i will have a offer letter by Friday. Today is Thursday, so i am not sure what the offer will be, but i did express my salary expectations in the initial phone screening, and they did not bring it up at the panel interview, so i assume that they will honor what i requested, we will see! In preparation for this interview i went over their leadership module, the questions will be based on that, and i spoke with local Kroger managers to make sure that they liked working for the company and what to expect from the company to make sure that the company was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a spur of the moment decision? How do you handle spur of the moment situations, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Meet Recruiter at a job fair, Applied online, a week later had a phone interview, got a call back a few days later for a sit down interview with a panel of which included an HR individual, a Store Manager, and the HR recruiter. Called back the next day to have a sit down interview with the District manager. Received a call back later the same afternoon with a job offer. The entire process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, Nothing to hard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is negotiable. Do not be unrealistic or unreasonable with what you want. Consider what the average is and what you are worth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Kroger used a management hiring fair. I went through the initial interview at the hiring fair then a panel interview the following week. Both were pretty straight forward interviews. In between the interviews I had to create an account on their website and take a skills and personality test. The test included math skills and "what would you do" questions.

Interview Questions

• Both interviews used typical scripted interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kroger (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Very in depth. The heads wanted to see if you kept up on current events (making sure you didn't stop learning after college). A panel style interview. The lower ranked recruiter was very nice, but she didn't know how to take the interview to the next level when the interviewee didn't just come forth with talking. The salary offered was static with no negotiation room.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years. Pretty standard.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Process took roughly a month because I am a out of town candidate. Total of 3 interviews. First was a Email from HR to see if I was still interested. Next had a brief phone interview to set up a panel interview. 3rd interview was a panel interview with HR and Store manager.

Interview Questions

• All questions were Behavioral.
      Name a time when you had to go above and beyond to help a customer?   1 Answer

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Memphis, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews.
    One phone interview, one interview with HR and one panel style interview with upper mgmt. They had steady and prompt communications until the end when they decided not to hire me. They just stopped calling or answering my calls then sent a rejection email 3 days after the date they told me to expect a call.

Interview Questions

• All we're behavior based questions. For example: name a time when you....) using previous work related experiences as they relate to their values.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Memphis, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

I Applied online and a few days later received a phone interview going over my resume and experience. Later that day I got an E-mail saying I made it to the next hiring step which was an interview with two hiring managers at the district office. I passed that interview and received an E-mail for the Final interview which was a panel of 3 people (district mgr, pharmacy district mgr, and an IT person). You have to arrive 15 min early to complete a paper application and consent forms. The interview consisted of behavioral and situational type questions about three pages worth. Answer in Star format and even gave out copies of my projects that I had completed at other companies that successfully drove results. I nailed the interview but 2 days later got an E-mail saying another candidate was chosen. I am thankful I didn't get this position each time I go into Kroger its super busy and chaotic.

Interview Questions

• If a customer wanted to return a Rotisserie Chicken that was completely eaten and wanted a full refund for it and the customer said it was not good but they had to eat it rushing to work. what would you do?   1 Answer

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Little Rock, AR) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a lot of face to face. Three interviews one phone and two face to face. The phone interview was basic review go your resume. What your role was in all of your jobs. what did you learn from those jobs. how will it help with a position at kroger's. If everything is going well then they will asked you about the income or how much we're yo making in these positions.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Irving, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

It was like any other interview. The interviewers were the district hr manager and the district manager. They asked questions to see what kind of person that you were. They also do their best to paint a picture of a company that they aspire to be.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the company's core values.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kroger (Charleston, WV) in April 2015.

Interview

Three interview process. First was a phone interview with the corporate HR person. Second was an in person interview at the corporate office. Third was an in person interview at the district office.