Kroger Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Dec 30, 2016

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY) in December 2016.

Interview

i applied online, and was called a few days latter. they asked me about myself, my availability, and prior work experience. they then set up a time to meet me in the store. we spoke briefly about times i was available then i filled out a TON of paper work and scheduled time for web based training.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous work experience?
    What hours are you available to work?
    Why should i hire you?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kroger

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Georgetown, KY) in August 2016.

Interview

I arrived early, as they requested, and never saw my interviewer until 20 minutes after my scheduled time. She was very nice at first, but as soon as I was trapped in the office area, she became quite rude. She rolled her eyes at my answers, she would interrupt me or flat out tell me I was wrong on opinion based questions. She did not give me more than 2 seconds to take in the question, hard for somebody who has hearing problems such as myself, and glared at me when I asked for her to read it back a second time to make sure I heard correctly. Not a good interview. I left feeling terrible and dumb.

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Interview went well. I interviewed with 3 people, the deli manager, store manager, and hr person. Quick process, qualifications, etc. Offered me the job, did a mouth swab drug test. They called a couple days later and said I passed everything and scheduled training.

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Really chill. We basically just went over my resume, discussing my experience. He asked about past experience working in a bakery, but was totally unconcerned that I didn't have any. It was a bit chaotic, as other people kept coming in and out of the office, but it was pretty laid-back.
    I applied online a few weeks before my interview and got a call after I had forgotten I applied, so I don't remember how long it took.

Interview Questions

• If you could pick one wild animal in the animal kingdom   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for a Cashier and Pharmacy Technician but they called me for a deli/bakery clerk position.
    At the beginning of the interview it was good but then later on they kept asking me questions that i had already answered on the website and to the person who had called me for the interview and their face changed when i gave them the same answers.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to work nights when i had already said that i couldn't   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Kennesaw, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty odd, i'm not sure if the hiring manager was intimidated by my skill set or I just didn't fit for this position. e was suppose to call me and tell me whether or not I got a job he never followed up

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Louisville, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview about a week later and was asked some pretty easy questions (why do you want to work for Kroger, what does customer service mean to you? etc.) then I was scheduled for an in store interview. Went in, had a brief pleasant chat and was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Lilburn, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Lilburn, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was called into the store and had an interview two days after. The interviewer was not their and the acting manager hired myself and another applicant. I had no experience so I was hired to be a cashier. After the interviewer hired us, we both took a saliva drug test and had our licenses and SS cards scanned.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any volunteer experience?
      Do you have any baby sitting experience?
      Do you believe in positive customer service?
      Work schedule?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alcoa, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Alcoa, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy on the nerves interview. It was more like a conversation than an interview. manager told me we'd go into the next step which was a drug screening. It was a swab test that I had to call and schedule.

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

I was called on for first interview after calling the store once. Then interview and a week later was called back for the job. We then took a mouth-swab drug test and computer training for 3 days. Then I was schedule for the floor and I received my shirt and we went over dress code.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everything is based of previous experience