Kroger Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

1.6

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

I went into the store and was greeted by the manager. He took me up to his office, took a look at my resume and really just asked me some basic questions nothing too hard

Clerk Interview

Interview

Wasn't much of an interview. They had us answer a few questions on a piece of paper that they didn't even go over, we just turned them in. They interviewed in groups not one on one.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just discussed the different departments that was hiring and asking what hours were we available.   Answer Question

Deli/Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied for the job. Received a call a few days later . Answered a couple of questions. Then was invited to interview with store personnel. Waiting to hear from the store.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

There wasn't an interview, I showed up and greeted the manager, he went into the details about the job and salary and then gave me a saliva drug test, done.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Columbia, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

So I did it online and the next day they called with an over the phone interview and the lady asked me questions and set me up a time for my face to face interview. From there my manager asked me one question which was " tell me about yourself" then went over my resume, asked me my availability.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kroger (Gainesville, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was short and straight to the point, but ask questions at the end!, the interviewer said that not many ask questions, and when he said that he seem disappointed

Interview Questions

• Tell me about me about yourself?   1 Answer

Fuel Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

It was a group hiring event. We were brought upstairs, signed in, and got interviews in that order. It basically went if you have experience and get there early, you got a job on the spot. Not everyone of course, but I was interviewed for five to ten minutes and was offered a job.

General Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Applied online for a general opening. A few days later I got a short phone interview where they asked me some simple questions and scheduled an in-person interview at the store.

When I arrived for my interview I learned that the manager I was scheduled to meet was off that day. On top of that, they had no access to my application, resume, cover letter, etc. So, they interviewed me without knowing anything about me.

They only asked me one question, "have you ever worked retail?" ...then told me about Kroger as a company and where they thought I would fit. I think they were just happy an adult who was dressed nice was wanting to work there.

They asked me to come back the next day to do the drug test and access my application. Which I did and that went fine. Again, no real questions, just seemed glad to have a warm body. (They also don't look at your cover letter or resume during this interview)

As a note, I learned that no experience transfers other than "retail" and only from the last 10 years. In my case, this is an issue because I worked in retail management for years, BUT more than 10 years ago.

And while since then I have I been earning over 60k a year in an office environment, managing, hiring, training, doing public speeches, international conferences, full customer service, b2b & b2c sales... none of that carries any weight because it isn't considered "retail."

Also, I don't have a degree, or they would allow me to apply to the manager training program. But 20 years experience in the above listed items doesn't count. If I was straight out of college with a simple degree and no real world experience, I could apply for that.

So it looks like, because I want to change career fields and put my experience into something new, I'll be making minimum wage (or barely above) for at least a year or two before I can be considered into a "career level" position with Kroger.

I accepted the offer as is... only because I have faith I can either impress them quickly and try to move things along and if that doesn't work, move on to some place that considers my experience more. I really do want to give this company a chance, so we will see how it goes.

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Brief 30 minute interview. They explain the job, what you're going to do and introduce you to your supervisor. Initiate a mouth swab drug test and then you're hired.

Interview Questions

• How many year of customer services experience do you have?   Answer Question

Night Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Got and email to call for a brief phone interview, after that i got scheduled the next day for a in person interview. Went in and had a nice interview with some basic questions as well as questions about my availability and was told they would be in touch with me.