Kroger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,606 Interview Reviews

1.8

1. Featured Interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger in November 2014.

Interview

I was a relatively quick interview process. I applied online. A few days later received a phone call with a time to show up for an interview. Upon arriving I met with a manager and HR and were asked general behavioral type questions. I did well and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a customer and they left satisfied.   5 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Had to log onto Career website and upload Cover Letter and resume and after that, I had to answer questions about my availability and experience. Applied twice and was informed that I was not selected about two months after applying each time.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Navarre, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Navarre, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Went through 4 seperate interviews almost a week apart each time. First interview, he thought I would be good for a different position, sent me out of town to meet with someone and she didnt even have a position available. Third interview with area supervisor went well but fourth interview was more than 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why did i leave my current job?   1 Answer

Drug GM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kroger in August 2016.

Interview

I was called, i scheduled an interview and came in for an interview they were not ready for me. They said they would get back to me and they never did.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time were you dealt with a difficult person   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I got to the interview early. Was told on interview invite that I was to go to customer service to let the hiring manager know I was there. No one came to talk to me for a long time. When someone did arrive she tells me she's not the hiring manager, but she would do my interview. She seemed annoyed by my presence and hurried me out the room after only explaining company benifits.

Interview Questions

• Was not asked questions other then how far I lived.   1 Answer

Click Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Troy, OH).

Interview

it was awfull. im Truely bad at interviews to begin with, This was extra super awfull and i think the reason i wasnt hired. i could tell even half way in that they hated me, and didnt consider anything i said to be even halfway good enough and probably laughed about me after i was gone

Interview Questions

• they asked lots, but one was what was one thing you where really happy with that you'd done   1 Answer

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and waited a month without being contacted.

The application process was very tedious and time consuming, but not difficult. The personality tests and skill assessment were the longest, and most repetitive, part of the process.

When an interview was finally scheduled, the hiring manager who was supposed to interview me did not show up. I asked several employees for help and each one gave me a different story. When I spoke to the store manager about it, she said that he would not return until the following Monday and gave me his phone number so I could call him when he was available.

When I called back to schedule another interview, my call was redirected to a call center and the woman who answered the phone didn't speak English very well and had trouble understanding me. She hung up on me the first time and gave me no explanation as to why. The second time I called, she redirected me to someone in the actual store who told me that the hiring manager was not there. The second person redirected me to the hiring manager's office phone and I ended up leaving a message.

When a second interview was finally scheduled, the hiring manager, not surprisingly, was nowhere to be found. It really felt like they were going out of their way to waste my time and it didn't seem like the hiring manager took his job seriously.

I made no further attempts to schedule another interview after that and waited out the remainder of the three month period my application was still considered active without hearing back from the store. Given my experience, it is unlikely that I will apply for a job at Kroger again.

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was at a job fair they were lots of people all lined up...I waited 3 hours and didn't get the job.
    It was terrible the people that were conducting the interviews were very unprofessional and impatient...They were 4 of us we were the last group...they were 4 people interviewing us...

one of the ladies didn't like me for some reason she rolled her eyes at me countless times and mocked me even...

They only asked us two questions and forgot to asked one guy in our group a question..

I didn't get the job. They sent me and another woman out of the room. And lied to us told us that they'll forward our application if there's a position open (they also lied about drug testing people.)

They threaten to drug test everyone there and there was no such thing once we got upstairs.

I know it's not true because A I applied for Any...and B the person sitting next to me applied for the same Kroger's I applied for and they didn't ask her to leave the room..

I'm not sure what I did wrong here..I answered the questions..I was nice..and I get made fun of (I know that's hard to believe.) But I know what happened...I won't be purchasing anything from this establishment anymore...
    I'm very upset right now...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What would you do if a guest wanted icing on a cake?   1 Answer

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

This was one of the worst experiences of my life. I say that with zero exaggeration. They scheduled me for an interview at 5:30. I showed up around 5:15, only to walk and find out that it was a GROUP interview, and it started at 5:00. I was told the wrong time, and they never told me it was a group interview. I was also the youngest; the rest were in their mid twenties. They had us tell attempt to sell a product in the store to the interviewer, which didn't make much sense to me because we were all applying to be baggers. After that, they pulled me out and told me they didn't have any positions open right now, but they hired everyone else! I was mortified. They lied and told me the wrong time, failed to tell me it was going to be a group interview, and then lied once again by telling me they have no bagger positions open, but hired the other 5 in the interview with me.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandenburg, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Brandenburg, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

Was call and set up appt. for interview. Got to Kroger before the interviewer. Watched her walk in the door with her breakfast. Went inside, asked for her at customer service desk, and she came out and greeted me and took me to her office for interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Off Shift Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Columbus, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Very professional and thorough. Blacked out 4 hours for the entire interview and tour process. I met with Sr and Jr level HR, and was interviewed by two entire management teams in two separate time slots. They were very detailed and up front about the working conditions, expectations, and future of the business.

Interview Questions

• How we you able to handle an unruly and aggressive employee in the past? How would you handle it differently in a union environment?   Answer Question

The offered package was very generous but the shift ended up being a major obstacle for the family.