Kroger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kroger Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017
1,315 Interview Reviews

1.8

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight forward. They call you in and you talk with the HR rep and Store Manager. With initial interview, they gave me the standard questions, desired hours, experience, goals in life. Then went ahead and told me I'm hired and I did a cotton swab on the spot for drug testing. There is no one person to interview. Whichever store you apply to, that Store manager and HR rep do the interviews and hiring. Most of the interview is based off the green light/red light scorecard from the test given during the online application process.

Interview Questions

• Their questions are relatively straight forward. The hardest ones they will ask are the typical "how did you respond.." to some scenario. With a decent turnover rate they don't tend to ask too many difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had just moved so I only asked for as much or more than I was making at my previous employer. They were open to matching with promises of advancement and raise opportunities.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

I was asked a few questions about my availability and previous experience and that was it.

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

There wasnt much of an interview. was asked basic questions (cant remember what they were, didnt require much thought to answer though), ans was hired on the spot by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

If you get the interview, you've pretty much already got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nonexistant

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The interview was mostly when can I can I work during the week. Also asked if I had previous experience specifically to retail.

Cashier Interview

Interview

The hiring process and interview process was very easy. I was hired on the spot.

Negotiation

I knew what to expect when I applied

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back 5 days later. Easy interview, 5 questions, submitted to a drug tes and a criminal back ground

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

I received a call to interview and drove to round robin. I received a offer for the position

Interview Questions

• Behavior interview question was asked and some details where not explained   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Interview

Not bad at all. Just asked a lot of basic interview questions. Just go in there with confidence and you will knock the interview out of the park. Managers are nice and laid back.

Store Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Work for a couple years, show responsibility, make labor and pass all audits.