Kroger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,543 Interview Reviews

1.8

1. Featured Interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger in November 2014.

Interview

I was a relatively quick interview process. I applied online. A few days later received a phone call with a time to show up for an interview. Upon arriving I met with a manager and HR and were asked general behavioral type questions. I did well and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a customer and they left satisfied.   5 Answers

Bistro Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forest, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Forest, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Professional and courteous. Prompt and short but very thorough. Fairly easy questions if you have experience with the public. Only downside was there was some errors on my hiring process which made it take longer, average person would probably take less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was your most complicated customer service error and how did you coreecr it and please the customer?   Answer Question

Floral Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Very simple. Asked a few questions about my schooling, my previous work experience, goals I wished to complete by working there. Nothing challenging, the interviewer I had was done to earth and I think pretty intent on hiring me from the get go. Oh and an on site drug test.

Interview Questions

• How does working at Kroger play into your goals for this year?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Alexandria, LA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call a couple weeks later for an interview. It was a group interview about 5 or 6 people. I was asked 1 scenario question which was fine with me. It was my first interview and I have anxiety. Right after she asked about availability then we were drug tested. Was working the next week.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Asked to travel to corporate headquarters in Nashville to interview. I interviewed for about 1.5 hours and drove home. Corporate HQ in nashville is a decent building. I almost went to the wrong building.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about teamwork? when was it a time that you had to take leadership roles..all generic questions.What do you think about teamwork? when was it a time that you had to take leadership roles..all generic questions.What do you think about teamwork? when was it a time that you had to take leadership roles..all generic questions.What do you think about teamwork? when was it a time that you had to take leadership roles..all generic questions.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely quick. They ask mostly behavior questions along with a few questions about counting cash. I believe anyone would be able to get this job if they are willing to work.

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarkston, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Clarkston, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Short. Interviewer was nice, but fast. Got hired on the spot. Filled out some paperwork and was told I would get a call once interviews were done. I didn't get a call til over a week later. Then my orientation wasn't for days.

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

Started with phone interview, followed by a one on one interview and ended with a 3 person panel interview. Each happened around a week or two apart from one another.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you faced a challenge. How did you approach it, and did you have success?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookhaven, DeKalb, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Brookhaven, DeKalb, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Relaxed yet professional. It was a pleasure interviewing with such friendly management. The training was also paid. The process took about an hour and the hiring process was quite efficient and quick

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Was introduced to a nice woman and had a decent interview, not much out of the ordinary. However, when I was called I was told I would be in the produce department, but when I interviewed they had moved me to the deli department due to previous experience in a similar position.

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Huntsville, AL) in November 2013.

Interview

I had worked for Kroger previously but had to put in my two weeks notice because I was in high school. All I did was put in an application online and they immediately called me in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years?   1 Answer