Kroger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,349 Interview Reviews

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kroger (Anchorage, AK) in May 2016.

Interview

was not bad, a lot of questions online. So after that is FTF. And you pass your drug test and you ready to go. After that you have training is paid. And a lot of questions, you spend almost all day

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

Group interview. Extremely easy! If you are in this interview you're basically hired. They talk with you about Kroger, give you a saliva drug test, give you some important info, then talk with you one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• What is one problem you've dealt with in a work environment and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

QuickList Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Stone Mountain, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process all depends on who you get. Lucky for me my interviewer was nice and patient. She was very accommodating and understanding to my personal life and worked with me upon every request.

Interview Questions

• Are you available on weekends?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Carrollton, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

very strange process as i know the manager, so all we do is to go in a room and sit down, and start talking about casual things and how to get started with this new job for me.

Interview Questions

• when can you start working   1 Answer

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

It wasn't really an interview to be honest. The manager basically just gave me a rundown of what my duties as a Courtesy Clerk would be. I think this was because they were desperate for employees.

Curtesy Clerk (Bagger/Cart Pusher) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wylie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Wylie, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application online like they told me and never got a response so I walked into the store one day and they said interviews were that next Thursday and to come in and after about a half an hour just talking with an human resources manager, I was given the date for the store walk through.

Interview Questions

• If I was one food from Kroger what would I be and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in August 2016.

Interview

I went in for the interview and they asked pretty simple questions. I basically had the job when I went in for the interview because one of the first things they said was that i had the job

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Franklin, OH).

Interview

Applied online on a weekday morning; recruiter called win 4 HOURS. After setting up interview 3 days out, the recruiter emailed an interview confirmation before ending our call, an Interview REMINDER the DAY BEFORE & by 6am the DAY OF, ALL reiterating what my responsibilities were (ie, Dress, identification, Early Arrival etc). While MANY might perceive this as heavy-handed, I experienced a sense of DESIRE to meet me, which boosted my confidence. The interview itself was within easy proximity to the Customer Service desk, and in the Employee Computer Trainjng Room. After critical questions were asked (see below), I was offered a job. Upon acceptance I was given directions to Background Check & Drug Testing facilities & the appropriate paperwork for each. It took approximately 10 days for the Hiring Manager to call me to set up my first Trainjng Day, but I'd gotten an email the DAY BEFORE, welcoming me to the Kroger Family and inviting me to even connect with other employees via their personal Employee Network. In addition, DESPITE not being hired to work in the STORE ITSELF (I'll be in the Pharmacy), Kroger indicated I'll be given BASIC TRAINING ALL EMPLOYEES HAVE, regarding OSHA, POS & other aspects of Kroger functioning AS A TEAM. I LOVE THIS, Kroger CLEARLY has no intention of isolating anyone.

Interview Questions

• Customers are often angrier in the Pharmacy than anywhere else, as insurance and other are as s of conflict arise; how will you handle these? I   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working independently at a speed that doesn't impair the department operations?   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kroger (Marietta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager, he said the hiring manager was out for few days.
    I thought i did great. I was told when the hiring manager came back she would call me for last interview and to set a schedule.
    Never heard back.
    That was extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What experience do i have relating to the job i applied for.   1 Answer

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

They are just making sure you can talk to people and find out when you would be able to work. If you have the interview, you can expect the job if you don't have a bad background.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer is upset?   Answer Question