Kroger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017
1,605 Interview Reviews

1.8

Seasonal Interview

Interview

Good, very easy interview, not super personal and very quick. Wasn't very hard in my opinion. I actually thought that the whole process was quite enjoyable. That's what I remember.

Interview Questions

• If I was okay with getting drug tested, and if I had any history doing drugs, also why I wanted to work at Kroger, which was easy to answer.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Interview was conducted in a group of 4 other applicants. Open setting was interesting because you could get a feel for how others responded and got to hear their questions too.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled conflict or difficult situation recently?   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nacogdoches, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Nacogdoches, TX).

Interview

I applied for the job and it too about three weeks until I heard anything back. Once I was contacted for the interview things went very smoothly and I was offered the job after about 15 minutes of talking to the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Asked to travel to corporate headquarters in Nashville to interview. I interviewed for about 1.5 hours and drove home. Corporate HQ in nashville is a decent building. I almost went to the wrong building.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about teamwork? when was it a time that you had to take leadership roles..all generic questions.What do you think about teamwork? when was it a time that you had to take leadership roles..all generic questions.What do you think about teamwork? when was it a time that you had to take leadership roles..all generic questions.What do you think about teamwork? when was it a time that you had to take leadership roles..all generic questions.   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Alexandria, LA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call a couple weeks later for an interview. It was a group interview about 5 or 6 people. I was asked 1 scenario question which was fine with me. It was my first interview and I have anxiety. Right after she asked about availability then we were drug tested. Was working the next week.

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Was introduced to a nice woman and had a decent interview, not much out of the ordinary. However, when I was called I was told I would be in the produce department, but when I interviewed they had moved me to the deli department due to previous experience in a similar position.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Came in with a positive attitude and was offered a position immediately. Unfortunately, it was for bagger but as I’ve learned Cashier doesn’t come with a pay raise. But either way Kroger was the only one to offer me a job immediately.

Interview Questions

• You have any previous work experience?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Cary, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

The Kroger I applied at was having open interviews and I walked in spoke with the service center. They sent me to the hiring manager, who seemed very glad to see someone with a college education. They asked which department I would like to be a part of since they seemed short staff across the board. They drug tested me and had me finalize my application online

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grovetown, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Grovetown, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very good. I went in when they had a job fair and the lady that interviewed me was very nice. After the interview she told me I basically had the job and that they would call me for my drug test but never did.

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kroger (Jackson, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Kroger was having a job fair, so it was a very straightforward process. I filled out an application in advance online, and then went in and read through the job description packet, then they took me upstairs for an interview. The interview took about 10 minutes tops, and they immediately offered me a job. Overall, the process took less than an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time where you received excellent customer service   Answer Question