Kroger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,389 Interview Reviews

1.8

Floral Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Commerce Township, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Commerce Township, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

General conversation centered on customer satisfaction. Really gauged how well you interact with other people. Questions focused on any experiences had helping customers in difficult situations. Thorough on job responsibility and allowed a chance to speak with a current employee in the department.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were able to make a difficult customer happy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kroger (Bloomfield Hills, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, they got back with an email and gave me a phone number to call, the phone interview was very easy and short and they schedule you to an in-store interview

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger (Richmond, TX).

Interview

The interview was during a hiring event after I applied online. The interview was a group interview with several of the managers asking questions. We basically just told everyone else about ourself.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Had to log onto Career website and upload Cover Letter and resume and after that, I had to answer questions about my availability and experience. Applied twice and was informed that I was not selected about two months after applying each time.

Grocery Bagger Interview

Interview

They send an email and inside of the email it gives you a phone number to call. You call that number and then you get redirected to a manager and they ask you questions.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

Group interview. Extremely easy! If you are in this interview you're basically hired. They talk with you about Kroger, give you a saliva drug test, give you some important info, then talk with you one-on-one.

Interview Questions

• What is one problem you've dealt with in a work environment and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger (Franklin, OH).

Interview

Applied online on a weekday morning; recruiter called win 4 HOURS. After setting up interview 3 days out, the recruiter emailed an interview confirmation before ending our call, an Interview REMINDER the DAY BEFORE & by 6am the DAY OF, ALL reiterating what my responsibilities were (ie, Dress, identification, Early Arrival etc). While MANY might perceive this as heavy-handed, I experienced a sense of DESIRE to meet me, which boosted my confidence. The interview itself was within easy proximity to the Customer Service desk, and in the Employee Computer Trainjng Room. After critical questions were asked (see below), I was offered a job. Upon acceptance I was given directions to Background Check & Drug Testing facilities & the appropriate paperwork for each. It took approximately 10 days for the Hiring Manager to call me to set up my first Trainjng Day, but I'd gotten an email the DAY BEFORE, welcoming me to the Kroger Family and inviting me to even connect with other employees via their personal Employee Network. In addition, DESPITE not being hired to work in the STORE ITSELF (I'll be in the Pharmacy), Kroger indicated I'll be given BASIC TRAINING ALL EMPLOYEES HAVE, regarding OSHA, POS & other aspects of Kroger functioning AS A TEAM. I LOVE THIS, Kroger CLEARLY has no intention of isolating anyone.

Interview Questions

• Customers are often angrier in the Pharmacy than anywhere else, as insurance and other are as s of conflict arise; how will you handle these? I   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working independently at a speed that doesn't impair the department operations?   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

They are just making sure you can talk to people and find out when you would be able to work. If you have the interview, you can expect the job if you don't have a bad background.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer is upset?   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

Applied online on a Wednesday morning, and got a phone call later that day to schedule an interview for that Friday. Considering the speed that I got called and got the interview, I went in feeling very excited and confident that maybe they really wanted to hire me. The manager that interviewed me was quiet and seemed very bored, like he didn't want to be there. The whole interview only lasted maybe 5 minutes. He only really asked if I was friendly and what my availability was. The following Thursday, I went in to follow up since it was such a short interview... and was told by a different manager who was very nice and assuring that they still had my application and I would hear something by next week. Two days later, Saturday, I got an email that they were going with someone else.

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kroger.

Interview

The process was quick and efficient. The interview was timely and I was asked common questions one may expect in an interview. The interviewing manager made me feel comfortable. I am pleased with the process.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked for me to call on specific experiences in which I showed leadership.   Answer Question